+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: nexgenwars.com

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by lee.jarratt
    I find it so annoying, When general gaming sites and console news sites refer to the 3 big consoles, they always put Wii last. As if they really want one of the other 2 consoles to win the console war or like that console the best.
    Its being bugging me for a while...
    There again, it could be a case of the order of release (in Japan, I think the PS3 was released first).

Certainly possible with nexgenwars considering it's tallying up sales figures.

Though it would be better if they were to order them in how many sales each console has - makes it easier to compare.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Where do the numbers come from?

The console sales numbers you see on the front page of NexGen Wars are estimates, and are not intended to represent exact, down to the minute sales as only Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony know the exact sales figures of their respective consoles. What we do here at NexGen Wars is compile numbers from NPD, Media Create, ChartTrack, as well as various other sources. We then take these numbers and, based on past sales trends, extrapolate the numbers out to give as close to real-time estimates as possible. Again, these are only estimates, but we are confident in our ability to bring you accurate and unbiased sales figures. Not only do we extrapolate the numbers out so they don't lag months behind with the official sales numbers, but we also update the numbers when new official numbers have been released to keep our estimates as accurate as possible.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    I trust vgcharts more myself....

Member #
    Friends
    I know about VGChartz and NexGen Wars but are there any other ones that you believe are more accurate?

Ads