+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848

Wii and Ds - partners

I was just thinking about how the psp is going to work really well with the ps3 and its hard to admit but the idea to use it as a prarifarel (spelling?) in games was innovative. Using the psp as a wing mirror in F1 was a great idea and using the psp as a portable ps3 data storage is good (like all the videos and photos and music and files). When will nintendo start using the DS and wii together? i remember hearing that the wii will be able to get stuff such as downloadable demos for the ds.

Does anyone know when this will happen if ever?

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    I've heard that you will be able to transfer pokemon from your Wii to DS or DS to Wii on some pokemon games.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, that is all that has been announced at this point. I hope that it will be able to send DS demos to your DS via the Wii, kind of like the DS Download Stations at the stores.
    My Wii Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZTP, Red Steel, Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Wanted Games: Super Paper Mario, Excite Truck, Need for Speed Carbon, Medal of Honor Vanguard, Spiderman 3, Pirates 3

Friend Codes for DS!
    Mario Kart: 193368313009
    Diddy Kong Racing 090290007271

Member #
    Friends
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    The Gamecube linked with the GBA and I see no reason why Nintendo would not link the Wii to the DS, I would expect them to already have plans on how they will link.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I did surely hear about the downloadable demos. We may be able to use the wii as a hotspot.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    I am sure as time goes on Nintendo will reveal many things, it is still early days.

The amount of things the wii can do is an endless list.

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    It's spelt "Peripheral".
    The PS3/PSP idea is taken from the GBA/GC link up.

Also, the Wii will use the DS. On June 25th (in the US), Pokemon Battle Revolution will utilise it. (among other games)

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    The gamecube/GBA link up wasnt overly exciting but i think that the psp/ps3 link up will be good because of the possibilitys like maybe playing a co-op game online and the psp will show what your partner is seeing, or maybe on a racing game it could be used to show the map or as the F1 game showed as a wing mirror.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    The gamecube/GBA link up wasnt overly exciting but i think that the psp/ps3 link up will be good because of the possibilitys like maybe playing a co-op game online and the psp will show what your partner is seeing, or maybe on a racing game it could be used to show the map or as the F1 game showed as a wing mirror.
    I think it depends. The GBA linkup was used in Wind Waker and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, the latter being needed for multiplayer. Both were used interestingly. One was used as a helper (the Tingle tuner, despite Tingle being an annoyance...) and an actual controller with stats, maps and menus. It also helped the gameplay as a whole be more fluid.

Now having the PSP as a rear view mirror in a racing sim, seems a little void, considering even Road Rash 2 on the Mega Drive (Genesis for the US) had 2 side view mirrors on the bottom of the screen. Some other driving games also gave an option for mirrors. However, I think it could be put to better use...

The DS has the mic and stylustouch screen. I think this would allow for better interaction in games, since it means that it's not just a standard controller with an extra screen (which admittedly the GBA was). Also, the DS is coming out with a headset soon, which means that if desired, one could speak (in better quality than just the built-in mic) with people you're playing with.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Speak ENGLISH.

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Ads