LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Next Wii Shipment

I have recently talked to employees of best buy and circuit city. The two people that i talked to said that Nintendo is stockpiling consoles in preperation for a type of re-release. They said that by the end of April. Most stores should have wiis on their shelves. I don't know how true this is but if anyone out there does, please let me know. I get really frustrated trying to find a wii. I don't like ebay. evil....

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    im not sure what nintendo is trying to do with the wiis but thats an interesting theory.

btw, welcome to wiichat

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    it's the old "you cant get in" approach used by Cartman on south park. Nintendo kept them all to themselves, giving the impression that these things are impossible to come by, therefor everyone wants one to be cool and have one and rub it in the faces of their friends. and all this anticipation builds and builds and after the whole population is frothing at the mouth saying "gimme gimme gimme!" nintendo will flood the stores with Wiis and everyone and their grandmother will buy like 6 wiis each, out of sheer delirium.
    Last edited by Darth_Zant; 04-15-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    BEST BUY??? YOU TRUST ANYTHING SAID BY ANYONE AT BEST BUY????
    The GeekSquad is like Santa, you see people dressed up everywhere but never get the goods from ANY of them.
    If so, You may be interested in In getting the jump on the PS-4. I am building one in my garage.... just dont complain about the ducktape it is for holding the four ps-1 units together.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well the bestbuy near me got 25 five wii's in. So maybe they are starting to come in now. Cus its been over 2 months since their last shipment of Wii's.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends

ebGames says 4/27/07

Quote Originally Posted by MedicalChimp
    I have recently talked to employees of best buy and circuit city. The two people that i talked to said that Nintendo is stockpiling consoles in preperation for a type of re-release. They said that by the end of April. Most stores should have wiis on their shelves. I don't know how true this is but if anyone out there does, please let me know. I get really frustrated trying to find a wii. I don't like ebay. evil....
    ebGames.com (http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?p...%5Fid=B020070K) says they're shipping 4/27/07. A week ago the preorders were scheduled to ship 4/23/07. This leads me to believe another "re-roll out" might occur in stores this weekend or next.

Member #
    Friends

True

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Zant
    it's the old "you cant get in" approach used by Cartman on south park. Nintendo kept them all to themselves, giving the impression that these things are impossible to come by, therefor everyone wants one to be cool and have one and rub it in the faces of their friends. and all this anticipation builds and builds and after the whole population is frothing at the mouth saying "gimme gimme gimme!" nintendo will flood the stores with Wiis and everyone and their grandmother will buy like 6 wiis each, out of sheer delirium.
    Yes that is so true! I have been saying that from the start.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Zant
    I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it's pretty stupid because I hate video games... like really hate video games. However, when recently visiting a friend I was forced to play and absolutely loved the whole Wii thing. So if others are like me then the more out there the greater the demand will be (but demand seems to be doing pretty well with the low supply strategy).

Member #
    Friends
    The Best Buy guys told me the same thing last week. "Late april, early may there should be NO problem getting one. The rep was in last week.. yadda yadda yadda...."

I noticed they had about 8 controllers and 2 nunchucks in stock. Almost bought them, but thought nahh... I can wait till I have my wii.

Then today (as usual) called both Gamestops, nothing. Had to pick up an Rx for my daughter at Target.. nada.. But, they had about 20 controllers and 10 nunchucks on the shelves.. WAY more than they did last week. And the gamestop guys when I ask keep saying "no, we got in just controllers".

I didn't see if BB got more. I bet they did.

So it seems like maybe nintendo is stocking these first getting ready for the big release. I mean, we all know they make more money on games/accessories (like extra controllers) than on the machine itself. So it could be starting.

The only problem is, if I walk in and they're stocked, it won't be as fun as racing to the store to get that last one on the shelf.. lol!

BTW, at my friends playing Wii again tonight.. I took home the bowling title belt.. first to win 3 games takes it home.. I've never won, but tonight I was on fire!

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    The stores around here get shipments every Sunday. Best buy and circuit city getting anywhere from 10-20 and Target , toys r us and Walmart getting around 30-50. Your best bet to get one is at Toys r us , Target and Walmart. Stay away from Best buy and EB games. Those places have no clue what they are talking about. It's not that they are being held back, it's that as soon as they come in they are gone in a matter of hours. Check the news papers on Sunday mornings, they say how many each store is getting.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Ads