Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: November 19th?!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5990-7343-4893-9015
    i thought it was interesting how they said that 4 million consoles by the end of the calander yar, and most are coming to north america, is there really more people in all that play video games here in america?, i think it is part of their strategy, they have seen how well the ds has played with people who have enver played agame before or havent played in a while and they will accept the console somewhat simmilar in way....

Member #
    Friends
    i think more are going to america becuase americans are always trying to look futuristic.
    Nintendo's image:
    You wake up, the alarm is going off. You get up and walk out into your living room. You grab the Wiimote and take it out of stand by mode (probably any button tap) then go to the news. It tells you the news as you get your coffee, blah blah blah. Then you sit down and see the weather. You check the messages and you get a message from your wife saying she had to go to work early and to make dinner when you get home. All of this quicker, instead of turning on the TV waiting for the news section then waiting for the Weather section, then calling your wife asking where she is.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by komio
    i thought it was interesting how they said that 4 million consoles by the end of the calander yar, and most are coming to north america, is there really more people in all that play video games here in america?, i think it is part of their strategy, they have seen how well the ds has played with people who have enver played agame before or havent played in a while and they will accept the console somewhat simmilar in way....
    Yes, it seems that the American gaming population has grown significantly in the last decade or so. We are finally seeing console releases first with bigger numbers than ever. One things for sure, Japan must be hating us right now. LoL Oh well, it's a litte thing called supply and demand.

Member #
    Friends
    European Wii release: 8th December

European PS3 release date: March 2007

Number of Nintendo Wii consoles by the end of the year: 4 million

Number of PS3 consoles by the end of the year: 1 million (I think...could be a lot less)

Although Wii comes out after PS3 in both Japan and America, it still beats the PS3 to the European territories, and has way more consoles available at launch than that of the PS3.

Member #
    Friends
    if you listen to ign's scoop, they think its a strategy so that when all the PS3s are sold out, kids will still have all this money and want to buy a console, and 2 days later, by the time all ps3s are sold out, there is the light, the Wii! i think its pretty right on

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    ^Yup I actually had the same exact hunch about Nintendo's marketing strategy and it seems about right. Nintendo is doing everything spot on. The press conference just long enough before release to keep everyone interested and still ride the hype wave, then releasing it 3 days after the Ps3 will almost be immpossible to come by so people will settle for the much cheaper Wii. Nintendo is absolutely genius when it comes to marketing tacktics.

Ads