LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Future Wii Speculation

What do you speculate the future of the Nintendo Wii is regarding possible hardware revisions, upcoming controllers, and things in that nature?

1. Many of us are aware that Nintendo is planning to release a Nintendo Wii cabable of DVD playback and possibly in other colors in the latter half of this year.

2. I have heard talk of external hard drives as well.

3. Also, many on this forum have theorizied that Nintendo is developing an enhanced sensor bar.

4. Do you think Nintendo will offer another hardware revision that would allow the Wii to have HD output?

5. What do you think the likelyhood is that Nintendo will produce more accurate and improved Wii remotes in the future?

6. Will Wii offer new hardware revisions many years later such as the recent Xbox 360 Elite?

Please share your thoughts here.
    Last edited by RJU690; 04-19-2007 at 06:05 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    there is a good chance that the DVD compatable Wii will just be a firmware update.
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Clish
    there is a good chance that the DVD compatable Wii will just be a firmware update.
    No, to my understanding you actually need new hardware for that which would come in a new Wii version. I don't think it's something that can be downloaded.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by RJU690
    No, to my understanding you actually need new hardware for that which would come in a new Wii version. I don't think it's something that can be downloaded.
    Um wrong. The Wii games are Optical discs. (did some searching) but I have also seen that they are DVD discs. It is going to be a update if you want to play DVD's with your Wii. Personally I don't care either way since the Wii is only capable of 480P and having an HDTV I will not be playing DVD's with my Wii. That's what HDMI is for!
    Last edited by AZ_Wii_Tard; 04-19-2007 at 03:36 PM.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by RJU690
    What do you speculate the future of the Nintendo Wii is regarding possible hardware revisions, upcoming controllers, and things in that nature? Many of us are aware that Nintendo is planning to release a Nintendo Wii cabable of DVD playback and possibly in other colors in the latter half of this year. I have heard talk of external hard drives as well. Also, many on this forum have theorizied that Nintendo is developing an enhanced sensor bar. Do you think Nintendo will offer another hardware revision that would allow the Wii to have HD output? What do you think the likelyhood is that Nintendo will produce more accurate and improved Wii remotes in the future? Will Wii offer new hardware revisions many years later such as the recent Xbox 360 Elite? Please share your thoughts here.
    Basically what you are asking is discussed throughout these "WiiChat" Forums every day in one form or another.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    Basically what you are asking is discussed throughout these "WiiChat" Forums every day in one form or another.
    Sorry, I'm new here and I did try the search function. I couldn't find any threads related to this, so I must be really bad at searching.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Just look around a bit man. There are so many threads here that discus what people want the Wii to do or what they would like. Rumors and things are all over the place. Just look a bit more.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    I thought that the discs were dvd-like optical discs although i would really love a firmware update for the dvd's, i would be really dissapointed if a new wii came out, i wouldnt be surprised with sony and microsoft releaseing 2 or 3 diffrent versions of their consoles (memory and features differs), im sure nintendo will try to make everything work on the current wii as they wont want to start a big releasing more diffrent wii's.

the future looks bright, the future looks ninty.

[img=http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9255/ththerevolutionbyalfihars8.jpg]
    Last edited by Foxy; 04-19-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    I thought that the discs were dvd-like optical discs although i would really love a firmware update for the dvd's, i would be really dissapointed if a new wii came out, i wouldnt be surprised with sony and microsoft releaseing 2 or 3 diffrent versions of their consoles (memory and features differs), im sure nintendo will try to make everything work on the current wii as they wont want to start a big releasing more diffrent wii's.

the future looks bright, the future looks ninty.

[img=http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9255/ththerevolutionbyalfihars8.jpg]

Well Sony has rumored to stop making the 20 GB PS3 and focus on the 60 GB version. Xbox 360 Elite is to compete with the PS3 60 GB. When has Nintendo ever updated a console not including any of the hand held gaming systems except for the color or accessories of a system. To my knowledge they never have.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    I'm all for a Black wii that plays dvd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads