LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I've owned a NES, SNES, Genesis, Playstation, and Playstation 2. However, I graduated from college a couple of years ago and got married last year. I don't have the time or money to devote to serious hardcore gaming like I used to. I looked at the 360 and PS3 and decided they were too expensive for me and I would never get my money's worth out of them. Also, they seemed like more of the same. I've played both and the graphics are amazing, but I'm tired of that kind of gameplay. I wasn't going to buy any. I was dropping out of the console market, only owning a DS and nothing more.

Then a friend of mine bought the Wii on launch. I went over and played it and fell in love. I bought one a month ago and have really enjoyed it. I get my fill of modern gaming and retro gaming. I recently downloaded OoT, a game I missed the first time around due to not owning a 64, and I'm wondering how I let myself miss out on it. It's a great game, one of the best ever. It, of course, has graphics that were out of date 7 years ago but it is still great because of the gameplay. That is why I bought a Wii - gameplay at a reasonable price.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    I agree the price was a huge clincher, gamecube backwards compatibility and online were my three big sellers.

I played ultima online for years as my avatar shows. Without interaction with other people, games simply get boring very fast and lose their appeal.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    If it helps my standing any, I am now the proud owner of a Wii. I've got Twilight Princess as the only Wii title I intend to buy for a while (waiting on a hopefully online Metroid Prime), and a dozen or so GCN titles I've never played before. Soul Calibur 2 (Soul Edge was the best arcade game ever), Metroid Prime 1, Wind Waker (which looks, from the box, surprisingly cartoonish), Bond EON and from russia with love, Rogue Leader, MK Deadly Alliance, and Paper Mario. Once I can find a deal on the much desired Zelda Collector's disc, I'll have 4 more Zeldas (two new to me) at my disposal.

It'll be months before I even stop playing Soul Calibur long enough to sample the others.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    If it helps my standing any, I am now the proud owner of a Wii.
    grats. If you dont mind the bad graphics, i would suggest giving Scarface a try, its quite a work out.

Ads