LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

When will there be an ample supply?

When do you predict that the supply will finally catch up with the demand and it will be possible to purchase a Nintendo Wii without the hassle of waiting in line for hours or purchasing it over-priced on eBay?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7404-0035-3816-1331
    I thought it would be done by early March, but my guess is into the summer.

Wiichats BIGGER Metal Head
    Don't listen to Mr.Resi, Chad Smith owns Thrasher!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Just so many threads about the same problems day after day. They get on top of you like a horny prostitute

Member #
    Friends
    My friend told me that Nintendo was soon opening a new manufacturing facility to produce Wiis which could increase the supply. Is this true?

Member #
    Friends
    My educated guess on launch day was that you would be able to walk into a store and pick one off the shelf by mid-March. My new estimate is early July.
    Wii Media Center mock-up
    -No External Links.

Member #
    Friends
    I think Nintendo really is holding up on some Wii's or the retailers are.Its like if someone have you a whole box of pizza you would say i don't want it all i just want 3 slices but if they feed you one at a time you'll eventually finish the whole box.

Member #
    Friends
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/26741/Wii-...ges-until-2009

Wii shortages until 2009
    10:30, Apr 25th 2007 by Ben Furfie
    Expert predicts demand will outstrip supply for two more years.
    Following the release of NPD’s March sales figures in the US, analysts have reviewed the stats and outlined predictions for where the market is heading.

“Q1 is looking like the beginning of an up-cycle year,” said Billy Pidgeon, video game analyst for IDC. “There’s good software movement, but hardware is stalled a bit by short Wii supply and stagnant demand for 360 and PS3.”

Nintendo’s console sold 259,000 compared to 199,000 and 130,000 units for Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Sony’s Playstation 3.

Pidgeon is adamant that Nintendo could have sold many more machines, had the supply been available: “I believe the Wii will continue strong growth although supply continues to be a problem. I’d like to see Wii hardware shipping in larger quantities or mass-market consumers may cool on it. Having said that, I don’t believe supply will be met for the Wii until 2009.”

But he was keen to point out that the lack of Wii stock will not necessarily mean increased sales of the other next generation consoles. “Xbox 360 and PS3 need system-selling games as soon as possible. Halo 3 will help,” he added. “But that leaves a hole in Q2 which will be filled by Wii, DS and PSP hardware and software. We’ll also see more PC and PS2 software picking up the slack.”

Pidgeon’s comments come the day after NPD analyst Anita Frazier suggested PC gaming was on the rise thanks to increased sales of role-playing games.

Member #
    Friends
    the world may never know, each week at least 1600-1700 are shipped in the US and canada alone. Just wait.

Member #
    Friends
    8708-0606-0103-6580
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiownu
    the world may never know, each week at least 1600-1700 are shipped in the US and canada alone. Just wait.
    Way more than that. 1,700 a week is 6,800 a month. Do you really believe the Wii sells only a mere 6,800 a month in the US AND Canada? More like 400,000.

Member #
    Friends
    Damn it makes me sad to hear that people still haven't got a wii. I was expecting the wii to do well but I was suprised to see it doing THIS well. Well I am happy its doing well and I hope that you get one soon. Goodluck.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    i think you'll be able to find them between july-september. But as soon as there is some great games in the oct/nov area they will be just as hard to get.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Ads