LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    well, your sort of right, give me a link and id be glad to agree, but..........

this isnt official, its still only a game right now, but the game is said to have the hospital data sending thing. but theres no proof and really no point in this being a whole extra channel too. so close, but no cigar......yet

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by cannon
    Oh Great, Am i the only one who thinks this is completly pointless. I mean what does it have to do with Video Gaming which is the Wii's primary use. I think Nintendo is just trying to milk every avenue with the wii. And im more than sad to say that if it keeps happening i wont have a wii for much longer. They need to focus a bit more on the games and stop putting out shovel ware channels.
    Actually, if you really think about it, the wii's primary use is NOT for gaming. Its for testing. Nintendo is testing every possible situation with the wii so that the next console can improve upon them. No one has ever stepped into virtual reality like the wii has, so what did you expect? The wii's job IS NOT to become the best console of the generation, its to be a ginnie-pig (sp). They are testing how motion sensing sells, how fitness sells, how channels sell, how mii's sell, how online networking sells and so many more things to come.

The wii is a test-run for wii-2 (uhs, maybe?)

EDIT: I guess I didnt provide anything to the thread, now did I? I for one am VERY excited for this. Although there is a very good chance of multiple problems with a channel like this, it could also be a huge success. Does this mean no game, or is there a possibility of a channel and game? Any word on WHEN? Hopefully next month.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    I agree with you that certain things are a test for the wii, Which is fine but what next a channel to show you how to water your garden's. There is a fine line between functional and just pointless releases to bide time. I work in the gaming industry and all we see these goofy channels as is a distraction so that the big N doesnt have to provide excuses on why first party titles keep getting pushed back further and further.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    4666-3087-0564-0001
    a link would be nice so we can see it......or are you just makeing a sudjestion?

anyway, good thread, hope its real!

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    SOUNDS GREAT!
    Im trying to be healthier so when I can become fat I wont be

Member #
    Friends
    4811-4181-0155-4693
    Hehe, people don't come in genres.

Member #
    Friends
    5356-8205-6343-1412
    I no they want it to be for things other than gaming but somethings are to far, Like i said it seems like they are trying to force anything and everything onto the wii. They are trying to attract every single genre of people into buying the console. Which in one way is smart marketing but for the normal gamer is bad because we have to settle for all this milking thats going on.
    then you know you could... not buy it.

noone's forcing you.

i'm not sold on it at all, but i'm not freaking out about something i probably won't ever buy.
    i do sort of agree with 'biding' their time though, but only to a certain extent. i'll know how badly they're doing in about a year tbh. it's too early to tell what's going on.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I agree with you that certain things are a test for the wii, Which is fine but what next a channel to show you how to water your garden's. There is a fine line between functional and just pointless releases to bide time. I work in the gaming industry and all we see these goofy channels as is a distraction so that the big N doesnt have to provide excuses on why first party titles keep getting pushed back further and further.
    I guess it depends on the person. I think its safe to assume that you are a hardcore gamer (correct me if Im wrong). I too am a hardcore gamer, but I think the difference between us is how (judging by your job-type) much of our life consists of gaming. Again, I am making a lot of assumptions, but I would guess that gaming is a big part of your life, while gaming for me is more of a hobby. I mean that as an insult in no way shape or form, in fact, I wish I had more time for gaming, but I am more of a sports person. Regardless, I bought the Wii mainly because it is innovative (and because I just love nintendo), you probably bought the wii for gaming, and I wouldnt be surprised if you also owned a 360 or a ps3. I got way off track, but the point is that a lot of people like these channels whether you do or not. I for one want as many channels as possible, the more the merrier. If its ganna slow down game production, than maybe not, but I doubt its having a big affect on that.

I made a lot of assumptions, so dont feel offended by anything. And feel free to flame if I was way off

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    Im not offended about anything you said there i was glad it was a very constructive post not like half the other crap that gets posted on here. Im not really a hardcore gamer although i do love my video games. I do not own any other consoles although i did have a demo unit of both PS3 and 360 at one stage. Im a sports fan to but in my opinion and in many others. The company i work for did a massive poll on the wii channels and 84% of people agreed that Nintendo hasnt really released any worth while channels. So its not just me that thinks it. But anyway each and every person has different views of all walks of life i was just stating that i personally dont think Nintendo has put alot of effort into any of these channels nore have they put alot of thought into them. I think they could say yes we are releasing a new channel and it could just be a blank white screen and people would still get all excited over it.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Im not offended about anything you said there i was glad it was a very constructive post not like half the other crap that gets posted on here. Im not really a hardcore gamer although i do love my video games. I do not own any other consoles although i did have a demo unit of both PS3 and 360 at one stage. Im a sports fan to but in my opinion and in many others. The company i work for did a massive poll on the wii channels and 84% of people agreed that Nintendo hasnt really released any worth while channels. So its not just me that thinks it. But anyway each and every person has different views of all walks of life i was just stating that i personally dont think Nintendo has put alot of effort into any of these channels nore have they put alot of thought into them. I think they could say yes we are releasing a new channel and it could just be a blank white screen and people would still get all excited over it.
    lmfao at that. Yeah, I know what you mean, but your complaint was that they should be focusing on making games and not useless channels and my point was that I really highly doubt that producing channels reduces the rate that games are made. Mostly because its two different teams that work on channels and games.

Oh, and btw thanks for actually having a calm debate. Pretty rare to find one of those on these forums.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Ads