LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

New channel - Wii health channel

A Nintendo distributor has letus know of some new info about the Wii and Health pack that Miyamoto has been teasing us with since the E3 show last year, which appear to suggest the coming of a new Wii Health channel.

Another Nintendo distributor revealed that the Wii Health Channel will have users perform exercises, and "biometric elements" will be gathered and sent to hospitals contracted by Nintendo "via the corresponding channel that will exist in the Wii". Sounds awesome!

I just wanted to let you guys know about it and please leave comments and your opinions on this new channel!

Member #
    Friends
    Wow that sounds cool. I thought it was going to be released as another wii game but a channel is just as cool. Thanks for the info.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    that sounds good. and being a channel sounds even better.

hopefully comes out this year

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Not too sure about the "send the data to hospitals."
    A set of metrics based on age and body composition could be computerized to let you know stuff like : excercise more, eat less sugar, etc...

I would like an exercise routine tracker. Maybe some additional items to track weight and body metrics. Maybe they can have some sort of body scanning device. Then all of that stuff could be put together and tracked like the Wii Age on Sports.

Since the Wii supports Bluetooth, 3rd party vendors could come up with heart rate monitors, pedometers, and other tracking devices that you could use away from the Wii and have the Wii download the information when you get back.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    Oh Great, Am i the only one who thinks this is completly pointless. I mean what does it have to do with Video Gaming which is the Wii's primary use. I think Nintendo is just trying to milk every avenue with the wii. And im more than sad to say that if it keeps happening i wont have a wii for much longer. They need to focus a bit more on the games and stop putting out shovel ware channels.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    Quote Originally Posted by cannon
    Oh Great, Am i the only one who thinks this is completly pointless. I mean what does it have to do with Video Gaming which is the Wii's primary use. I think Nintendo is just trying to milk every avenue with the wii. And im more than sad to say that if it keeps happening i wont have a wii for much longer. They need to focus a bit more on the games and stop putting out shovel ware channels.
    They want the Wii to be for things other than gaming and personally I think this is a great idea...
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    I no they want it to be for things other than gaming but somethings are to far, Like i said it seems like they are trying to force anything and everything onto the wii. They are trying to attract every single genre of people into buying the console. Which in one way is smart marketing but for the normal gamer is bad because we have to settle for all this milking thats going on.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    7201-6951-4346-4914
    I think its a great thing.. this kind of thing along with the 'for everybody' games gives us hardcore ninty gamers something to do while we wait for the big ones.

---

Member #
    Friends
    Sounds like the first practical channel, well done Nintendo if done right!

Member #
    Friends
    I'd rather have it than not have it.

Ads