LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yep, as mentioned above, none of the current PC keyboards will work with the Wii. There will be one which will be Wii specific coming soon enough. Although I have also read that some 3rd party hardware company is working on a pair of wireless headphones as well.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    If this works anything like the PS2 did with mice/keyboards/steering wheels then it all comes down to the driver missing. Its possible for a game to have a driver that would work with a standard KB without native Wii support.
    The very popular PS2 steering wheel from Logitech was actually a repackaged wheel they originally released for the PC. Since the drivers were the same it was possible to buy the old PC wheel and have it work with the games.

I believe Nintendo is dragging its feet when it comes to the online ability of the Wii. At minimum Wii sports should have had some type of global scoreboard to see how you fair against others.

Member #
    Friends
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    I had a good idea the other night. You know how u have to point the wiimote while surfing the net, it might be a bit annoying to have to stop to type all the time with the new keyboard... i thought that maybe they should release like a cellphone keypad to use in ur left hand, where the nunchuk would usually be. Most people can type one handed with cellphones so i thought it was a pretty cool idea.
    What i've got so far: Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ: TP, Marvel: UA, Rampage: Total Destruction, WSOP: ToC, Excite Truck, TMNT Wiimote x2, Nunchuck x2, Classic Controller, Fan/Neon Lights, Wiimote Charger, Skins - Blue, Black, Pink, Green, Component Cables, Trial Opera Browser & Classic Games: DK Country, SimCity, Super Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, Street Figher II, Castlevania IV, Zelda: LttP

Member #
    Friends
    no, that's not good IMO. Because nothing will ever replace the ease of use of an actual keyboard when it comes to texting. Something you can get all 10 fingers involved in, rather than searching for keys with one or two fingers.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuakuya
    Yep, as mentioned above, none of the current PC keyboards will work with the Wii. There will be one which will be Wii specific coming soon enough. Although I have also read that some 3rd party hardware company is working on a pair of wireless headphones as well.
    Why would a company spend the time working on a wireless headphone? There are hundreds of wireless headphones on the market already. I've even seen a bunch with the "pass-through" rca plug. That's where it's like a T shape, and it plugs into the TV/Receiver, then the headphone transmitter plugs into the plug too. Some are even the "behind the head wrap" style.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    I think headphones would be a great idea. Nintendo should take a few notes off of the xbox. Talking to somebody while playing them online is pretty sweet. I love both systems.

Member #
    Friends
    Someone should make one so that I could give them money for it.

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    i think only apple keyboards and mouses should work..there white, beautiful and match the wii!
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Eric, What about us PC people

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by strommsarnac
    Why would a company spend the time working on a wireless headphone? There are hundreds of wireless headphones on the market already. I've even seen a bunch with the "pass-through" rca plug. That's where it's like a T shape, and it plugs into the TV/Receiver, then the headphone transmitter plugs into the plug too. Some are even the "behind the head wrap" style.
    I meant a pair of headphones specifically for the Wii. It will plug into the USB and allow players to play without disturbing others.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Ads