+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buying the Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Quote Originally Posted by ---Brian---
    Id say no, the games are really bad at the moment, the graphics, lol whoever said they are a step-up from the Gamecube is blind, if anything it's a major step down from the games ive saw. I feel stupid for getting the Wii, and am considering selling for a ps3, 500 for all i have sounds great, I really need half-decent graphics to enjoy a game, and the controls can be annoying, especially when your playing a Fps, and the controller does not respond or aim correctly for minutes at a time, this happens too frequent for my liking in Cod:3 and Red Steel. The remotes are good but do not make up for the lack of power the wii has, and they also still have some problems on the remotes they got to fix.
    Red Steels controls wern't that bad. COD:3 was an unfinshed game. The controls were never fully finished. It was a half-assed attempt at a game.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Red Steels controls wern't that bad. COD:3 was an unfinshed game. The controls were never fully finished. It was a half-assed attempt at a game.
    Agreed on all counts.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    It depends on the person. I don't really think the wii is for hard core gamers. I don't think the graphics are that bad either. It's all about the wii controls. I like moving around to play my games instead of just hitting the buttons. Playing against others online hasn't started yet but when that happens, it's going to be great. I don't know about the spiderman 3. I haven't heard much about that yet.

Member #
    Friends
    if u wanna get fat as an elephant and stop working then buy a PS3, but if u wanna stay cool and skinny then buy a freakin' Wii cuz' its AwEsOmE!
    nvm bout graphics, u only care about FUN!

Member #
    Friends
    Or you can excercise and stay healthy and still play a Ps3. Ive been button bashing for about 8 years(im 16) and im still fit.
    Just got my Ps3! The Wii is now gathering dust until Super Smash Brawl!

Member #
    Friends
    7404-0035-3816-1331
    Yes you should definetally get a Wii. Although there aren't the best games out for it yet, the Wii will get them soon. Spiderman 3, I heard that the camera was horrible but if you can live through that then go ahead. And the graphics at times can be bad, but a lot of the Nintendo games coming out look beautiful.

Wiichats BIGGER Metal Head
    Don't listen to Mr.Resi, Chad Smith owns Thrasher!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Just so many threads about the same problems day after day. They get on top of you like a horny prostitute

Member #
    Friends
    Id say no, the games are really bad at the moment, the graphics, lol whoever said they are a step-up from the Gamecube is blind, if anything it's a major step down from the games ive saw. I feel stupid for getting the Wii, and am considering selling for a ps3, 500 for all i have sounds great, I really need half-decent graphics to enjoy a game, and the controls can be annoying, especially when your playing a Fps, and the controller does not respond or aim correctly for minutes at a time, this happens too frequent for my liking in Cod:3 and Red Steel. The remotes are good but do not make up for the lack of power the wii has, and they also still have some problems on the remotes they got to fix.
    Oh come on now. The graphics are better than both my PS2 and original XBOX. They're not as bad as SOME people make them out to be. They are just not as good as 360 or PS3, but they're still good.

Member #
    Friends
    Brian, can you please explain to me that if PS3 is soo good, why games like Fight Night round 3 can get laggy when punching sometimes?

Surely a machine that 'powerful' can handle a simple boxing game without struggling? The Xbox 360 has no problems with it and its older and less 'powerful' than PS3?

Read some reviews from a reputable gaming site like IGN, you will probably cry finding out that some PS3 games have problems.

Umm have any PS3 games been rated anything over 8.5 or 9? surely they i'd expect all games to be a high 8 or 9's for the console having so much power and its price?

Let me know when you find any Brian.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii graphics are very good, though not as good as PS3 or 360, but close.

gameplay is amazing and the Wiimote's controlls are great. Games like Wii Sports and WarioWare: Smooth Moves really get you up off the chair and into the game.

The best games and more Hard Core games are coming out this year, and even online play is coming this year. You've got Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and many others coming out soon.

Just my opinion. Don't listen to those other people. like Brian.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs
    Brian, can you please explain to me that if PS3 is soo good, why games like Fight Night round 3 can get laggy when punching sometimes?

Surely a machine that 'powerful' can handle a simple boxing game without struggling? The Xbox 360 has no problems with it and its older and less 'powerful' than PS3?

Read some reviews from a reputable gaming site like IGN, you will probably cry finding out that some PS3 games have problems.

Umm have any PS3 games been rated anything over 8.5 or 9? surely they i'd expect all games to be a high 8 or 9's for the console having so much power and its price?

Let me know when you find any Brian.
    *Got my Ps3 6 days ago, Fight Night doesnt lag at all for me? nor does any game for that matter on the Ps3 and i have MotorStorm, F1, Resistance and Virtua Tennis. But you want to talk about lag? Blazing Angels on the Wii, great game but it lags if anymore than 4 planes turn up on your screen, thats how pathetic the Wii is in my opinion. Its ok fun, but too under-powered.*

Ohh and most Ps3 games so far have got between 7-9, MotorStorm, Resistance, F1. Apart from Zelda and Mario, ive saw wii games getting ratings below 5.
    Just got my Ps3! The Wii is now gathering dust until Super Smash Brawl!

Ads