LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why????

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm just wondering , but what will happen when graphics become so good you can no longer tell them from reality. That will be reeeeeaaaalllyy dangerous because people may just give up on real life and just play MMORGPs and survive on welfare.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BlightedArt
    ... Never actually thought people would start flaming this much. The guy was just stating an opinion, and was, if at all, flaming very slightly. They want to buy a PS3, fine, they backed it up with reason on why they don't want to buy nintendo. Only his reason, he's not saying to us that we shouldn't buy our nintendo, but asking why we are (it's not REALLY in a derogatory manner either).

There's no reason for a flame war, as this person had minimal intentions of provoking one.
    Well, he was asking: why? and I think he was looking for something atleast close to that, I don't wanna start one by saying this. But like he came into a Nintendo Wii Forum...talking about how its textures look like that from the N64...

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    Well, he was asking: why? and I think he was looking for something atleast close to that, I don't wanna start one by saying this. But like he came into a Nintendo Wii Forum...talking about how its textures look like that from the N64...
    Well yeah. That's true. We'd better stop before i0n comes back and lays the smackdown on us though. o_o

Oh yeah... forgot to add in my arguement that it's also the $500 versus $1,500 reason why I'm not getting PS3. (New Zealand currency)

Member #
    Friends
    Being like an N64 is never a bad thing in my book..

...that being said I have yet to see a Wii game that looks like an N64 game. Or even remotely close, really.

Wii Inventory: Wii, Zelda, Red Steel

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    ... Never actually thought people would start flaming this much. The guy was just stating an opinion, and was, if at all, flaming very slightly. They want to buy a PS3, fine, they backed it up with reason on why they don't want to buy nintendo. Only his reason, he's not saying to us that we shouldn't buy our nintendo, but asking why we are (it's not REALLY in a derogatory manner either).

There's no reason for a flame war, as this person had minimal intentions of provoking one.
    Really, you don't think he's flamebaiting?
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3man
    Nintendo makes horrid low content games, when they make games.
    How about factual inaccuracies to his "logic":
    My issue is they don't make any games.
    How many non-multi console games did you actually enjoy and buy when you had your Game Cube? What all of 5 of them.
    But I want original titles and I do like 3 of Game Cubes games, but that doesn't warrent me buying their system.
    - I though he said he already own a Gamecube? Is this just innaccuracies in his tenses (i.e. Future tense when it should have been past tense)?
    Any way, all I am asking is that you think about the quality and amount of games that have came out for recent Nintendo systems and the third party support. Waiting every 5 years to play a Zelda game isn't worth it.
    He doesn't account for the fact that they're polishing it all up, so that they don't have to recall anything because of bugs. Look at how many glitches a bugs that devalue a game, on non-Nintendo games in comparison.
    I dont see and improvement in the environments of the games, they look about the same as 64 games.
    This is just wrong:

And these are just the ones that got ported over - so late in the N64's life, but very early in the Gamecube's life.

They need to make me some original games like they used to and not be scared to bring out content that may or may not live up to whatever "standard" they feel they are keeping up with.
    Personally, I feel as though Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion don't really fit into a gaming "genre". And those are just two of the earlier games.
    The GameCube sucked and anyone I know agrees.
    This sounds bogus to me. Either he doesn't WANT to know anybody that likes the Gamecube or he doesn't know many people.
    I can name at least 100 people right now who would agree.
    If the Gamecube was so unpopular, how come it was successful enough to spawn the Wii?
    I would play and beat all the worth while games and unlock all the content, I bet in two months at the latest.
    "worth while"? 2 months? One of these claims are incorrect.
    And I think, nay I know, I have played more games then many if not everyone reviewing these forums.
    This is downright insulting and very egotistical of him.

The guy was just stating an opinion, and was, if at all, flaming very slightly.
    Stating opinion? Opinions are usually based on things. He just made things up to have an excuse for his "opinions".
    Only his reason, he's not saying to us that we shouldn't buy our nintendo, but asking why we are (it's not REALLY in a derogatory manner either).
    He doesn't ask really. He starts by saying he's "concerned" as to why people would buy the Wii and then starts spouting off at how "bad" Nintendo is.
    Fan boys aside, how can you trust them.
    Hey, at least when I say something, I give sources/evidence, facts and I don't do it in a place that deliberately offends MOST of the forumites (Hello, Nintendo fansite?).

Sorry if this seem long winded, but I just wanted to express MY opinion.
    Last edited by Squall7; 09-19-2006 at 05:32 PM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Well yes... but by flaming I'm meaning the more "traditional" "LOL U R TEH_GEY NINTENDO FANBOYZ!11!!1"

I suppose he was flamebaiting. ^^; Even so I still find he's putting up a decent arguement, albiet a misguided one.

Member #
    Friends
    u no i was w8ing 4 the day a sony fan boy comes throu here and ask some stupid question

Member #
    Friends
    OMG NO WAY! i think i heard that RE0 was heading for N64 but then was delayed and moved to GC, is that a screenshot from it? Becuase thats not from any N64 RE, which only has RE2.

lmao i just read that thoes were ported ones. i was gonna say they have pretty nice graphics anyways, so i guess they were late-era games. and i was thinking: what is that knight game, and What star fox for 64 had where your on the ground like that?

man i would have loved to see crappy graphic RE0, then i would be able to beat it finaly becuase im to scared. RE0..cant beat..get to scared..well really it just got gay. RE1...to scary, cant beat, RE2...no improved graphics, beat it, RE3...no improved graphics, beat it, RE4...theres only 1 scary part in the whole game and its nothing like other Resident Evils. so thats the only exception
    Last edited by Sovieto; 09-19-2006 at 05:51 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    OMG NO WAY! i think i heard that RE0 was heading for N64 but then was delayed and moved to GC, is that a screenshot from it? Becuase thats not from any N64 RE, which only has RE2.
    Yep. Resident Evil Zero was originally destined for the N64.
    Interestingly:
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Edward Dewey was originally scripted to lose his hand to a zombie dog before his death (which would later turn out to be the same hand found by Joseph Frost in the original game).
    Source
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XVMANf0FYg[/MEDIA]
    Another nugget on a similar subject, Goldeneye was originally going to be on the SNES as an "on-Rails-Shooter"

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    GoldenEye 007 actually started out as a Super Nintendo Entertainment System game before being stepped up to the Nintendo 64.[1]

The development team working on GoldenEye 007 was very inexperienced; for all but two of them, it was their first game. As David Doak explained:

"Looking back, there are things I'd be wary of attempting now, but as none of the people working on the code, graphics and game design had worked on a game before, there was this joyful naÔvety."[2]
    Doak went on to say that:

"We were like a mini-company inside Rare making an atypical game that no-one really thought was going to be any good. The general feeling was we were a bunch of students wasting time. And then when it went into testing there was this very good feedback, initially from testers in-house but also from Nintendo. People were putting in voluntary overtime to test this game."[2]
    GoldenEye 007 was originally intended to be an on-rails shooter similar to Virtua Cop, only becoming a first-person shooter later in development. It is based upon the GoldenEye film and its novelization by John Gardner, but, as game designer Martin Hollis explained, many of the missions were extended or modified to allow the player to participate in sequences of which Bond was not originally a part, or those in which he only played a minor role.[3]
    Source
    Last edited by Squall7; 09-19-2006 at 06:04 PM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    why would I recommend someone buy the Wii, because they are not a mindless zombie having the corporations tell them this is what you want because the numbers are so high, I'm really sick of you queer little PS3 fagboys trying to knock the Wii, just stay off this forum I don't visit any PS3 forums, why I don't like the PS3, its trash but I don't care what other people want, and yes I do have a PS3 and a Sony clie pda so I'm not against Sony but lately they have made complete suck including the PS3 and bluray.
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads