+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why????

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Why????

Hello everyone,

I am concerned as to why anyone would like to purchase this Wii console. I used to love Nintendo, but they have dissapointed bad. Fan boys aside, how can you trust them. I have had every Nintendo console made. I used to love my NES, SNES, and the N64 was okay. Gameboy advance wasn't bad either. But I went and got a Gamecube. I had a couple games and bought a couple more. I have also owned a Xbox and PS2. Now here is what I am getting at... I take my sorry tired self up to the store and I go look for games or a liesurely walk through Wal-mart or something. I am disgusted to find a couple multi console games that I would never play and the 4 games I already own.

Nintendo makes horrid low content games, when they make games.

My issue is they don't make any games. I think I could go to programming school and make a game in the time these guys descide they want to make a confined Mario game that doesn't look much better then the 64 version, or take 3 years to make a shallow Mario Kart game with a mirrored mode. How many non-multi console games did you actually enjoy and buy when you had your Game Cube? What all of 5 of them.

I expect that Nintendo will depend more on their old games, and whether or not they expect you to pay for their old content and if you have to pay for the service to connect to that old content, I don't know. But I want original titles and I do like 3 of Game Cubes games, but that doesn't warrent me buying their system. Wait Capcom is smart and descided it would make different versions of Resident Evil to help Nintendo out. Bleh.

What I did with my PS2 was give it to someone who could use it. They enjoy it today!
    What I did with my XBox was give it to someone who could use it. They enjoy it today!

You know what I did with my Gamecube? I hid it behind the TV and it is collecting dust because noone wanted it.

I buy consoles to play video games, not to look at the console and look at my worthless trade-in games because they been valued for three years because Nintendo sold 2 million copies of it, because it was the only game to come out that everyone bought that year.

Any way, all I am asking is that you think about the quality and amount of games that have came out for recent Nintendo systems and the third party support. Waiting every 5 years to play a Zelda game isn't worth it. Watch they will make one and start making the next, and it won't be out until the next Nintendo console.
    Last edited by PS3man; 09-19-2006 at 02:23 PM.

2. Ads

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    first of all, before u go on, know that hte Nintendo Wii is going up not one, but 2 lvls from the gamecube...the graphics and gameplay r gonna b awesome and RPG games as well as higher-rated games...online play will b enabled ad the Wii will actually b in great competition with the X-box and PS2 this time...read the 101 FAQ questions on this site to find out more and y its gonna b so aweome...i only got interested in it after reading the FAQ on this site, and now i wanna buy it
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    I see that the processing power is greater and the different uses of the wack controller, but I dont see and improvement in the environments of the games, they look about the same as 64 games. The graphics seem about the same as the gamecube, granted I seen the littles stars light float around Mario, but I think they could do a lot more. I will head to the 101 page. I am just so worried about them making more then 10 tops good games. Dance Dance Mario, Mario Golf 8, Mario Bash, terrible course Mario Kart, and Drum Guitar Video Star don't cut it. They need to make me some original games like they used to and not be scared to bring out content that may or may not live up to whatever "standard" they feel they are keeping up with. I want more then to play through ten level to be able to give my character a different hat. You know meat and taters. At the least my comments here could totally be smashed and then we would have and awesome system. Would't that be cool.

Member #
    Friends
    If you are gonna Go on about Gamecube I suggest you PLAY MORE GAMES.

And Wii is really the only thing that is going the Next step. Ps3? your still sitting in the Same old Couch the same old way and just sit there on your Lazy ass and play. with the Wii you can be more Interactive with the game pretend you are in the game. Really Feel the Fire. So dont you come to this forum and Complain.
    Last edited by sasuke747; 09-19-2006 at 02:38 PM.
    (= Back =)

Member #
    Friends
    I complained because of my recent experiance with Nintendo. The GameCube sucked and anyone I know agrees. I can name at least 100 people right now who would agree. I was very dissapointed that I wasted the money on it. I would play and beat all the worth while games and unlock all the content, I bet in two months at the latest. This will be good for kids, but I know a lot of people who were not kids played the older systems and had a blast. And I think, nay I know, I have played more games then many if not everyone reviewing these forums. I don't know what you meant by that comment anyway. I like the interaction of the controller, but how much with all that games that utilize it limit the games total content?

Member #
    Friends
    You know us now. We dont hate it, In your face!
    (= Back =)

Member #
    Friends
    Personally Im getting one because its offering something totally different to whats available on the market at the moment. Whilst HD graphics and beautiful games are great seeing reflections of sunlight glint off my racing car or the red blood cells of someone I shoot in micrscopic detail are not everything I want from life.

The other thing is Nintendo seem to be trying to make games which are just plain fun as well as ones I have to be a total expert at to really enjoy. Sometimes I just want something I can have a quick blast at other times I want something like metal gear solid.

The virtual console is also a massive plus to me too. Stupid as it sounds with all these amazingly beautiful games about I cant wait to have a copy of the original Mario Kart from the Snes that wont break (which many carts have done).

Ive owned a hell of a lot of consoles over the years but the ones Ive enjoyed and played the most are the Nintendo ones I have had (closely followed by Sega). This I believe is because Nintendo are really passionate about gaming themselves rather than seeing it as an extension of business, which means they work to make a greater experience for the gamer. Which is why whenever there is a new Nintendo console I will look into getting one ahead of everything else (The wiimote will hopefully see me lose a few pounds too ).

Member #
    Friends
    ps3 man. ok, i respect your opinions, and there are some things that i don't disagree with you on. but in retrospect, in what ways have nintendo disappointed? if you truly were a gameplayer, you'd understand that as far as nintendo is concerned, they've stayed true to what they do and have never once deviated from what we love about them.
    you use gamecube as an example of the "disappointment" nintendo has brought to you. but why did it disappoint? because the graphics sucked? because the game content wasn't all there? because they were not making games fast enough? ok, let's look at all your reasons. granted, the graphics weren't all that great when compared to ps2 and xbox, but you're forgetting that nintendo did not need to enhance their graphics simply because their target audience didn't require it. it wasn't a must for nintendo to upgrade their graphics because it simply wasn't in demand. nintendo wasn't looking for the 20 something year old to purchase a game cube--nintendo wanted your 10 year old brother!

and the same can be said for content (which i think you have the other way around, dude). nintendo's content of games have been the best of all three companies since day 1. when you think playstation (sony), you think shooting. when you think xbox (microsoft), you think shooting. when you think nintendo, you think mario/zelda (which translates to adventure). how can you say that nintendo doesn't have any content to its games when all microsoft and sony does it makes games that you can kill each other on? IT'S ALL THE SAME CONCEPT!

and you're complaining that nintendo wasn't making games quick enough for you. but if you honestly look at the games that nintendo puts out, these games are so in-depth and detailed that it takes some serious time to put out another one. nintendo takes that time to ensure the quality of the gameplay, not just to hurry it up and release another game so that the customer could get their hands on it. i mean, would you buy a house that was finished in two weeks from the ground up? i wouldn't. neither would nintendo.

you go ahead and buy your ps3, dude. and enjoy it. but remember this: once you realize that every single one of your games involved first-person shooting and things of that nature, then maybe you've truly wiialized.
    Nintendo On The Islands

Member #
    Friends
    Well said dodabird, But also didnt the GC have better GFX than Ps2?
    (= Back =)

Member #
    Friends
    maybe, but i'm not too sure on the specficities of the specs (wow, tongue twister). but thank you, sasuke.
    Nintendo On The Islands

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads