Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Friendly Reminder Very Important!

Remember not to throw away or dispose your gamecube controllers, they will b required for some of the games and will play overall better for some of the game releases...For example, Nintendo said specifically that for SSBB u will really need the GC controllers for overall best gameplay; so remember, keep your gamecube controllers, as they will b used for some games; of course, the Wii-mote can still b used but it is advised that u keep the GC controllers for future use

NOTE: The Wii can use GameCube controllers and memory cards; this is self-explanatory by now; in addition to everything im saying, u can play Gamecube games on the Wii WITH the gamecube controllers, adding more of a reason not to dispose of your controllers

If anybody already discarded their controllers then leave a comment here if u want, just for show of who did already
    Last edited by RPGMasterTurk91; 09-19-2006 at 09:32 PM.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

2. Ads

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    They're not GC remotes.. they're called GC controllers

*EDIT* The suggestion by Nintendo to keep the GC controllers for the Wii when certain games require them is already known. But thanks for to continual reminder... Some people here may not already know about this info... SSBB with GC controllers w00t!!!
    Last edited by linkzeldagame; 09-19-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Can we use the GC controllers for the virtual console games. Been wondering that for a while.

vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mill
    Can we use the GC controllers for the virtual console games. Been wondering that for a while.
    Hrm, I dunno about the N64 Games, they'll probably use the GC controller (or maybe even the Wii is compatable with the N64 controller, I forget if the GC and N64 controller ports are the same).

As for the NES and SNES, I think they said something about tilting the Wiimote on it's side to represent the old controllers, not sure though.

Member #
    Friends
    np i dont want ppl to discard their GC controllers when they could still b used for the Wii u know what i mean? a simple reminder like this could prevent something big like that from happening especially since the days r coming nearer for the release date of the Wii
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    why would people get rid of their GC controllers when they have GC games they could play on the Wii?
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Sucks for me. I hated my gamecube so I gave it and the controllers to my brother when he moved out. I didn't think about if I got a Wii since at the time I didn't want to have anything to do with another Nintendo system since the Gamecube sucked so bad. Although I changed my mind and decided to give Nintendo one more chance since the Wii looks really sweet.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    all i know is SSBB better be able to be played with the Virtual Console controllers, because recycling old controllers just seem...meh...WERE NOT SONY HERE PEOPLE!!

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, but the money you save on buying a Wii without DVD playing functions allows you to pay for the GC controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?
    http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com <-live chat with WiiChat users

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stoukaph
    why would people get rid of their GC controllers when they have GC games they could play on the Wii?
    this is true, but some ppl r still unaware of even that...remember people, u CAN play gamecube games on the Wii!

Ads