+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Especially after getting used to the Wiimote.

I think FPS will be one of those genres that will be enhanced on the Wii, so much so that it'd be wierd and awkward going back to a game pad to play other FPS.

Likewise, with the steering wheel accessory, I think it will set a new standard in controls.

True, some will, but they don't have it now, and I'm guessing they'll have to wait a bit for their funds to replenish. Either that or get another mortgage. Although, I doubt many people are going to hook up their console to their PC. Kinda removes the point of being able to sit comfortably and play games (unless they have an extremely comfy chair)...

...But ye, I don't see HDTV taking off until the price goes down to be honest.
    HDTV's will go down with time. its law with electronics, i cant quite remember what it was specifically. but remember the first dvd players? well over 500 now u can get one for 20. HDTV's will soon be a good price. oh and paintba||er, ur arguments are cheap, im gonna get a ps3 when it gets to a decent price but i dont have a HDTV, and squall was right MOST pple DONT have one and if they do, its probably a cheap 15"

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    360 looks amazing on my hdtv but i've never seen it on a standard though so i can't compare. But not as spectacular as PC graphics though, consoles will never rival PC graphics. maybe close, but never surpass.

As long as the wii has pretty light effects, decent model polygon sizes, and just looks pleasing to the eye, it's all good.

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Consoles will always rival PC graphics. the ps3 will surpass pc graphics. PC's can be upgraded, but it takes more than a good graphics card now, u need good ram, speed, etc.

dgo
    Member #
    Friends
    i was always impressed with the GC clarity and colours ova the ps2/xbox i think nintendo will do a fine job with with the wii graphics

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    360 looks amazing on my hdtv but i've never seen it on a standard though so i can't compare. But not as spectacular as PC graphics though, consoles will never rival PC graphics. maybe close, but never surpass.

As long as the wii has pretty light effects, decent model polygon sizes, and just looks pleasing to the eye, it's all good.
    Yeah, look at games like the first Prince of Persia. No, it didn't have photo-realistic grass or bump mapping, but it looked great even on the PS2 and it was all thanks to well done lighting and, especially, character animation/design.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    HDTV's will go down with time. its law with electronics, i cant quite remember what it was specifically. but remember the first dvd players? well over 500 now u can get one for 20. HDTV's will soon be a good price. oh and paintba||er, ur arguments are cheap, im gonna get a ps3 when it gets to a decent price but i dont have a HDTV, and squall was right MOST pple DONT have one and if they do, its probably a cheap 15"
    W/e most people I know have a HDTV and if you don't have one then there isn't much point in buying a 360 or a PS3 since the main thing on them is the graphics. And I don't know anyone thats going to spend $600 on a PS3 that doesn't have a HDTV. But I don't really care PS3 probably isn't gonna be that great anyway. I would rather save $350 and get a Wii that has good gameplay and crappy graphics.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Im sure they will go much furler in graphics after the launch games....
    Wii Came, Wii Conquered.

Member #
    Friends
    Pizzaluvr, this is for you. Take away HD and what's new about the Xbox360 and the PS3? What will be the difference between XBox and Xbox360; and the PS2 and the PS3? There would be the same machine with beefed up hardware. Now on the other hand, the Wii although it won't support 1080i it will support 480p, which is still considered HD.
    If the majority of people don't have 1080i compatible HD tv's they would have to spend thousands of dollars just to see a boost in the graphics department.
    Let me ask you this, How much of an impact is that going to make on games? Not much. Nintendo has been around for a long time, and nintendo has never shied away from technological competition. Nintendo aims at the majority. Sony and Microsoft just want money. Between line end of story.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    480P isn't considered HD its ED (enhanced definition).
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    My Tv runs only up to 480p but it realy clears up the screen... Compared to regular tv's i think 480p is cool... But you know they could mabey send updates to higher better resalutions...
    Wii Came, Wii Conquered.

Ads