+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wii Cost

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i apologize for using those terms.....i was offended
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends

Blah

I wouldn't be too offended. As the Limey referred to us as Yanks, fag is simply a coffin nail or smoke.

It's all semantics and it's all very unimportant. I've had so much PC crap poored on me through my years in the USAF and my six years in college that I'm about to puke.

Sometimes people say that other people are "gay" but it doesn't mean that they are homosexual. It's evolved into something else for the current generation. I hate the politically correct mess our nation has become.

Cheers,

JD

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by JCpackers05
    i apologize for using those terms.....i was offended
    Thanks for appologizing. I was afraid I was gonna get flammed, so thanks for being nice.

I don't know why this guy thinks a lot of Americans are whining about the price? I haven't seen many people complain about it at all, especially when they consider the cost of the Xbox 360, PS3, or a gaming PC.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyDay
    I wouldn't be too offended. As the Limey referred to us as Yanks, fag is simply a coffin nail or smoke.

It's all semantics and it's all very unimportant. I've had so much PC crap poored on me through my years in the USAF and my six years in college that I'm about to puke.

Sometimes people say that other people are "gay" but it doesn't mean that they are homosexual. It's evolved into something else for the current generation. I hate the politically correct mess our nation has become.

Cheers,

JD
    Yeah, fag used to be just a term for a cigarette, but now it's used as a derogatory term for gay people. People who use it usually have never been friends with a gay or lesbian and are sometimes, unfortunately, homophobic.

You do know cigarettes were called fags because way back gays and lesbians were burned at the stake for their sexual preferences, don't you? Why can't people say things are f***ed up or that's bull sh*t, instead of using terms that single out and make fun of a certain culture?

Sorry, way off topic.
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 09-22-2006 at 06:17 PM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Ive noticed slightly more complaints coming from US fans, its not a big difference though. Ive had a bit of a moan about it but its done now so lets forget about.

btw us limeys >>>>>> you yanks

Member #
    Friends
    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/fag

The definition doesn't seem to be derogative? What? I don't understand. /friendly sarcasm

I hate to do it. But the remarks earlier drive me crazy. If you are going to look at the geneology or general meanings of a word, dig a little.

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.c...-coat-arms.htm

Maybe fag is just a short form of fagot (which is indeed the origins of the word fag as a cigarette)?

Fagot is defined here:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...=fagot&x=0&y=0

Fag as a cigarette has nothing to do with faggot (which was a derogatory word towards women and children before it was used to denote someone as homosexual). Fag is related to fagot (for obvious reason, if you know the definition).

Next you will tell me I should refrain from using the word niggardly or, even, mulato.

IN SHORT, fag as a cigarette has nothing to do with burning people at the stake. Gay or otherwise.

Niggardly, by the way, means stingy.
    Last edited by JeremyDay; 09-23-2006 at 08:20 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    I think the prize fits perfect for USA

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyDay
    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/fag

The definition doesn't seem to be derogative? What? I don't understand. /friendly sarcasm

I hate to do it. But the remarks earlier drive me crazy. If you are going to look at the geneology or general meanings of a word, dig a little.

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.c...-coat-arms.htm

Maybe fag is just a short form of fagot (which is indeed the origins of the word fag as a cigarette)?

Fagot is defined here:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...=fagot&x=0&y=0

Fag as a cigarette has nothing to do with faggot (which was a derogatory word towards women and children before it was used to denote someone as homosexual). Fag is related to fagot (for obvious reason, if you know the definition).

Next you will tell me I should refrain from using the word niggardly or, even, mulato.

IN SHORT, fag as a cigarette has nothing to do with burning people at the stake. Gay or otherwise.

Niggardly, by the way, means stingy.

Funnily enough the other day i saw an article saying thw word gay is getting another meaning in the dictionary as something bad as well, as in the ps3 is gay (probably bs I imagine).

Member #
    Friends
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    the wii will cost 410 $ USD in Norway so all of u who pays less and cries because they pay to much... - shut the F*** up!... i don't think 410 USD is so expensive.. also the games will cost 95 at it's most expensive for the wii.

u guys in America and England are lucky guys!! or maby i'm really unlucky
    Last edited by nintendowiigaming.piczo; 09-23-2006 at 09:05 AM.

My name is Alan, gaming name is ZaLaN

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, I often hear gay used. I cringe due to the continuous PC brainwashing that I've been through.

I do use it sometimes . . . and it is accepted generally by the public. It wasn't a derogatory word before (I suppose to use with someone who wasn't homosexual) and it has evolved past meaning homosexual.

In my mind, it almost means silly. "Don't be gay." Or don't be silly or stupid.

MANY MANY MANY used and accepted words have evolved from possibly negative origins. Gay as happy was entirely acceptable in the 50's. It was a good word too, before it was adopted and robbed of its meaning. :P
    Last edited by JeremyDay; 09-23-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Well Mr. Norway, I do. I wouldn't even think of buying the system if I lived where you do. Sorry.

Ads