Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii Cost

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Cost

I do not understand why Americans are constantly saying on forums how the Wii is overpriced. The Wii costs 180 in the UK (where I live), which is $330 in the US. Even I don't think that the Wii in the UK is overpriced becuase of the technology that it comes with. You don't expect Nintendo to sell the Wii at a loss do you?

Even controller wise, the Wii remote costs 30, $55, and the nunchuk costs $25. So in the Uk we are paying $80 per controller, and even then, I think this is reasonable when you think about tech the controllers include.

Games for the Wii in the UK cost 40, which is $75.

So think about this before you start whining about how the Wii is so ridiculously overpriced.
    Wii60 = Fun

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    finally a true nintendo fan/ xbox fan

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Well, it's just that if Nintendo would price their console at $200, a lot more people would buy it because for many, there is a mental barrier for spending over $200. Nintendo probably wouldn't lose any money (although there is always a loss when making a game console) but actually come out even or make quite a profit. Personally, I don't mind $250 that much if it were the actual price, but it's not. With tax, it's like $270 and then if you want to buy a second controller, you have to fork over like $70!
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    is nintendo selling the wii above the development costs? Im pretty sure they lose money on the systems they sell, and then charge more for the accessories, so they eventually make more then the development costs.

Games for the Wii in the UK cost 40, which is $75.
    Im pretty sure they are going to be 30 (heard people saying that)

Wii Launch Fund - $425/$535 Canadian ($110 to go)

wiiachieve.com - Wii Forum!

Jaz
    Member #
    Friends
    33 - 39, if I remember from the official release. They will make a profit on the console, but not as much as on accessories.
    Zelda

Member #
    Friends
    Well, the thing is, pretty much every currency is the same in the world. Lets say this, our $1 is = $1.5 in pounds. But, we spend more $1 and you guys spend less pounds. So like Japan who's say 1000 yen = to $1, they spend much more yen than we spend $1, so everything is equal. So we can all complain about the price.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    I think its more because we have all been fed rumours saying it would be cheaper for the last 6 months. When nintendo announced it would be below $250 people automatically expected it to be a lot less than that. Its like those god awful dfs ads saying this couch is less than 3000 then it says something like 2999.

Similarly a lot of Uk wii buyers were expecting 150 as that was what everyone "in the know" had estimated it would be.

People who havent waited on the internet for the last 6 months will just see it being cheaper than the 360 / ps3 and be drawn in by that, especially unknowledgable parents looking for that perfect gift for their little darlings. It could of course work the opposite way and people say its cheaper than the 360 / ps3 therefore it must be worse than them.

Member #
    Friends
    I have to agree. I loved the idea that they weren't even trying to compete with XBox360 and PS3 and were catering to a different demographic with their price and content.

They price, when you add a second controller set . . . is suspiciously nearer to the price of the 360 and the PS3.

The concepts behind the Wii that I heard . . . the ones that excited me . . . that it was cheaper . . . almost like a secondary machine you could buy with either the PS3 or the 360. For that price how could you say no?

To say that it would be cheaper than 250 then pop a 249.99 price tag on it feels shady to me. Sorry.

My wife was already frowning at me when I mentioned buying a gaming system. $200 was quite a bit easier to sell than $250. After mentioning the higher price, she just glares at me.

I had the ideas of quality and economy when I heard about the Wii . . . now I just hope for quality because my concepts of economy have been stretched.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey thanks for putting it as americans are whiners you fag.....more than americans are complaining about the price so dont just single us out....idiot
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by JCpackers05
    Hey thanks for putting it as americans are whiners you fag.....more than americans are complaining about the price so dont just single us out....idiot
    Why do you have to take things so seriously? Obviously he wanted a bit of a debate and he's gotten one. Please don't use terms like "fag." I'm not gay, but my cousin is and she's my best friend. Idiot is better I guess, but why not just state your opinion without putting others down?
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads