LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well what im saying is for one I have never heard of c64 and im sure many other people havent heard of it either.

Also it is still early, there could be more to come with the wiimote and the wii that we havent seen yet. Maybe it doesn't seem revolutionary to you now, but maybe it will down the road.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    i posted in another thread with this comment but may as well post it here too, most light gun games are rail shooters and lack depth and gameplay, i know there may be some of the newer ones out that aloow movement but idk. also who says hotkeys cant be ported to the wiimote or nunchuk buttons?
    I use more hotkeys than their are WiiMote buttons when I am playing Diablo II. When it comes to games like Warcraft II the WiiMote doesn't even get close.

Also it is still early, there could be more to come with the wiimote and the wii that we havent seen yet. Maybe it doesn't seem revolutionary to you now, but maybe it will down the road.
    That doesn't make the WiiMote revolutionary it makes how the developer has decided to use it revolitionary - completely different things ;D For instance, shaking the gun to reload on "House Of The Dead 4" (I think it is 4...) is revolutionary use but it doesn't make the lightgun a revolutionary idea.

And if you haven't heard of the C64...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64

I personally like the first sentence; "The Commodore 64 is the best-selling single personal computer model of all time."

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    Quote Originally Posted by Griever
    That doesn't make the WiiMote revolutionary it makes how the developer has decided to use it revolitionary - completely different things ;D For instance, shaking the gun to reload on "House Of The Dead 4" (I think it is 4...) is revolutionary use but it doesn't make the lightgun a revolutionary idea.
    ok yes in that sence i do agree as i said that the wiimote may not be revolutionary but the way its used certainly is, however i do believe that you should be looking at the whole package and not just the controller, i mean point out another system that uses a remote and a nunchuk to play...? where if i turn around to the PS and Xbox lines, both keep thier stanard conrollers (yes with some slight mods but no change) through the whole line, and when it comes to add ons steering wheels and pedals are standard and headsets and keybords almost identical. i this sence yes the wiimote is certainly revolutionary over the PS and xbox series controllers

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    I have to agree that it is for certain styles of gaming; but, like I said, I think it makes developing some styles of games harder because they simply work better with a control pad.

Besides, Ninty were talking about the Wii release about this being an all new way of controlling games and it isn't. It's just that they are "forcing" you to use it rather than giving you a choice much like Sony are "forcing" Blu-Ray on you.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Besides, Ninty were talking about the Wii release about this being an all new way of controlling games and it isn't.
    Okay there's been motion sensitive stuff before, but nothing along the lines of this..

I've certainly never played anything like this before..

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    I have to agree that it is for certain styles of gaming; but, like I said, I think it makes developing some styles of games harder because they simply work better with a control pad.

Besides, Ninty were talking about the Wii release about this being an all new way of controlling games and it isn't. It's just that they are "forcing" you to use it rather than giving you a choice much like Sony are "forcing" Blu-Ray on you.
    lol yeah i guess so, however games like DBZ:BT2 allow you to use the classic controller so its possible that this will be an option in future games, and i think that any game genere would work well with the wiimote, developers just have to get off thier lazy asses and think instead of just poting buttons to movements, theres alotta room for improvement when developers decide to pick up the bar (if they ever do)

So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Wow... Wow... just... Wow Sparticus9090's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i agree with you it limits the Range of games -"may actually be reducing the ability of the console to pump out a diverse range of games."
    I think the wiimote is differant, good differant,not really revolutionary, well revolutianary is an opinion, the computer,internet,interactive tv (vidio games) thats revolutionary

I made my own Signature

What I Got:
    1 Wiimote and 1 Numchuck,LoZ:TP,Super Monkey Balls,Madden 07
    PGA Tour 07,Warioware,Super Paper Mario,Call of Duty 3,

Member #
    Friends
    developers just have to get off thier lazy asses and think instead of just poting buttons to movements, theres alotta room for improvement when developers decide to pick up the bar (if they ever do)
    Unless you strap the Wiimote to your foot I can't see FIFA or Pro Evo (mainly the latter, I hate FIFA games since they're just too unrealistic) working without being really cheesy.

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    revolution is defined as:
    -a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving
    -A revolution is a relatively sudden and absolutely drastic change

so in this sence yep the wiimote is revolutionary, the first point can relate to the way we play games, a different level of thought and behaviour is required, therefore making the wiimote revolutionary.
    the second can relate to the style of controller, just looks at a GC controller and a wiimote side by side...sudeen and drastic change? uh hell yeah!

So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    The wireless, freehand Wii Remote not only makes games easy to play, it makes them more fun than ever before. Accentuating the sense of touch in the game lets you feel the heat of emotion with each movement. Because up to four players can grab a Wii Remote and play, there's always a party ready to happen with Wii!

The Wii Remote frees you from cords and excessive, complicated buttons without sacrificing gameplay depth. The motion sensors contained within the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk controller add totally new interactions to existing games while opening doors for new genres. The Wii console makes your senses come alive!

Wireless and motion-sensitive, the Wii Remote offers an intuitive, natural way to play games. The ergonomic controller plays into the conventional motions you make everyday. When you hit a drum, swing a tennis racket or swing a bat; why should you have to press a button to replicate these things? With the Wii Remote, you can use everyday motions to help make you the centre of the game.

Nintendo designed the Wii Remote to be the most multifaceted gaming device ever. It can be a sword in one game and then a steering wheel for racing games. It's your paintbrush, your golf club, your aeroplane, but most of all, it's your key to unlocking a world of fun you've never imagined.

Connect the Nunchuk to the Wii Remote and get ready. You've just begun a journey into the most immersive, heated gameplay experience ever offered. This combo offers the utmost precision. They're your sword and shield to defend Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. They're your weapons to blast your way through the cramped corridors of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and the gritty underworld of Red Steel.

The Nunchuk and the motion sensor contained within it are the next leap in gaming. In first-person shooters, the controller carries the burden of movement, freeing you to aim and fire using a more natural motion with the Wii Remote. In an American football game, you can make your quarterback elusive with the Nunchuk controller while you look for an open receiver to throw to using the Wii Remote.

http://wiiportal.nintendo-europe.com/13.html

Sounds pretty revolutionary to me.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Ads