LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The Wii wouldn't have been made without the Wiimote.
    If it was a normal pad I would have gotten a Xbox 360

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    3714-7039-4037-0069
    I would've bought it. The Wii-mote just adds on to the greatness!

My Wii Code(PM Me Before Adding)

3714-7039-4037-0069

Currently Playing: Smash Bros. Brawl!!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    If the wii had no wiimote.. it would be a slightly improved gamecube...

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    4131-4816-6111-5950
    i only bought the wii cuz of the ability to move with it...other than that i would of bought an 360...

Member #
    Friends
    well if your lucky, like me, you can have both the great motion sensing of the wii etc and the pad for the 360!

/much thanks to demonflair for the sig!/

push the green mushroom for rep, thats if i've helped you!

Member #
    Friends
    Well; I didn't buy an N64 I bought a Playstation and I didn't buy a Gamecube I bought a PS2 so why would I want a Wii if it didn't have the WiiMote? xD

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Probably not. I've been out of the console market since the NES, so it took an awful lot pull me back in. I was probably never going to buy one of the other systems, because Nintendo's franchises are more my style (Zelda et al), and the Wii allows me to play every Zelda I've never gotten the chance to play (I'm sure majora's mask will be along soon).

I have the utmost hopes for the control system, and I think when the other fanboys see what we've got with the wii-mote nunchuck combo in FPS, they're going to start demanding a new FPS-special controller from their systems. Reviews have compared the accuracy of MP3C to the mouse-keyboard combo so beloved by FPS fans on the PC, but I think in addition to that, it's going to be a heck of a lot more fun. Mouse/keyboard might be accurate, but it isn't as true-to-life. Instead of measuring the dexterity of your fingers and familiarity with a gamepad vs. your buddies, FPS on the Wii could (someday...) let you really go head to head with them testing only your reflexes, skills and tactics.

People who never would have spent hours getting accustomed to the dozen button and dual-analog stick control will be happy to get in the game and just point and shoot. A lot of people who might be characterized as non-gamers might well get sucked into hardcore gaming, and with this control system, be good at it.

There were a lot of things that got me to buy the Wii, but if any one of them were lacking, especially the control system, I wouldn't have gotten it.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    no I probably would not have bought it

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    Probably not. I've been out of the console market since the NES, so it took an awful lot pull me back in. I was probably never going to buy one of the other systems, because Nintendo's franchises are more my style (Zelda et al), and the Wii allows me to play every Zelda I've never gotten the chance to play (I'm sure majora's mask will be along soon).

I have the utmost hopes for the control system, and I think when the other fanboys see what we've got with the wii-mote nunchuck combo in FPS, they're going to start demanding a new FPS-special controller from their systems. Reviews have compared the accuracy of MP3C to the mouse-keyboard combo so beloved by FPS fans on the PC, but I think in addition to that, it's going to be a heck of a lot more fun. Mouse/keyboard might be accurate, but it isn't as true-to-life. Instead of measuring the dexterity of your fingers and familiarity with a gamepad vs. your buddies, FPS on the Wii could (someday...) let you really go head to head with them testing only your reflexes, skills and tactics.

People who never would have spent hours getting accustomed to the dozen button and dual-analog stick control will be happy to get in the game and just point and shoot. A lot of people who might be characterized as non-gamers might well get sucked into hardcore gaming, and with this control system, be good at it.

There were a lot of things that got me to buy the Wii, but if any one of them were lacking, especially the control system, I wouldn't have gotten it.

Totally agree - I've forever wondered why xbox and/or ps with their fps fan base never added a keyboard/mouse interface. Untill the wiimote - it is THE way to go for an fps. . . As for other console games/titles it seems they've hit critical mass to me. People are dropping huge $$ for a slightly bigger and prettier halo, but not much in the way of an experience. It looks like the wii has a chance to get some fresh ideas out - kinda what the pc did before it started to wither up as a gaming platform

Member #
    Friends
    I agree about the whole FPS thing. Analog sticks are so lame for looking around/aiming. My personal preference is a mouse that is controlled with the thumb (I think they are called trackballs). The wiimote works surprisingly well and it is a lot of fun to play FPS type games with it.

Ads