LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    WiiChat Member firemedic242's Avatar
    Member #
    25569
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    21
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2201-5960-8592
    HAHA!!! "You see my DS was minding its own business when it became depressed and jumped!"
    "I'm right 75% of the times, the other 25% I just yell."

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Bleach & Heroes fan. Byuakuya's Avatar
    Member #
    13437
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Soul Society
    Posts
    6,251
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think Nintendo should fix it for you. But if they don't, another remote can always be bought from the shops. They are not as rare as the console itself.

    The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee


    PSN ID: Byuakuya


  4. #13
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by nilsk123
    or in other words, your bluetooth shitzle is ****ed but your infrared is intact
    actually, the IR data is sent over BT......

    It's the accelerometers that are jammed, or broken.

    Hit it some more. Might loosen it up. I've seen reports of that working.

    Otherwise, call ninty. Tell them the truth. If they don't fix it. Buy a new one for $40

  5. #14
    Junior Member tatty12's Avatar
    Member #
    25605
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Well had nothing to lose so i did as Brawny said and i hit it again.
    And what do you know it works fine now!!!
    Cheers Brawny saved me some money.

  6. #15
    Banned Taills's Avatar
    Member #
    20347
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    288
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by tatty12
    Well had nothing to lose so i did as Brawny said and i hit it again.
    And what do you know it works fine now!!!
    Cheers Brawny saved me some money.
    Haha thats one of my mottos... if you can't get it to work, hit it. And if you don't know what it is, beat it with a stick.

  7. #16
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    glad I could help man. And thanks to Taills. If I didn't stalk ya, I wouldn't have known I helped this guy.

  8. #17
    WiiChat Member firemedic242's Avatar
    Member #
    25569
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    21
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2201-5960-8592
    That's freaking awesome. Hey it works though took my truck to the NIssan dealership cause my disc changer stopped working (truck is 2 years old) and they said they'd have to replace it for $500. What the!? Anyways they said that it wasn't covered by warranty. So my buddy and I did the same. Whacked the heck out of it. Guess what? Worked... gotta love Man Law ways.
    "I'm right 75% of the times, the other 25% I just yell."

  9. #18
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Sigh. Misinformation is rampant on this board.

    The "accelerometers" are rated to withstand 10,000 Gs while powered (taken from the official datasheet). It can most likely handle twice that. There is only one 3 axis accelerometer IC in the Wiimote which is only 4mm square, I don't think it can get jammed.

    Edit: Most likely the PCB would crack before anything else. If you are really curious Id take a magnifying glass and look for broken traces.
    Last edited by ciper; 06-04-2007 at 05:29 PM.

  10. #19
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Hey, he fixed it. So whatever works

  11. #20
    Junior Member ck19's Avatar
    Member #
    26480
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    same problem also, called nintendo, they told me to smack the remote several times with my palm. lol

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts