LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzeL
    Actually, WiiConnect 24 often gets updates you don't know about.....

No, they're not full system updates. Nor are they game updates. However you get plenty of news and weather updates all the time. If you turn WiiConnect24 off it has to update these features when you use them, which isn't such a big deal.
    yup well actually alot of the wind has gone out of my sails now i see its only $1 a month, but erm all together all the wiiconnect24s left on are probably using a fair wack of energy.... and good point about those channels using it, i was a bit livid that they hadnt found an actual use for it yet, but i suppose this is a use, just not a very exciting one

2. Ads

Brawl, Galaxy, ftw! wiiisawesome's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1866-9177-4158-8306
    Yeah they did a study or whatever and it only costs about a dollar a month! [SARCASM]What a waste of energy![/SARCASM]
    Last edited by wiiisawesome; 05-28-2007 at 02:56 PM.
    Brawl Code: 3866-7670-3577 Name: Ali
    Tell me if you added me if you haven't already!

I love WiiChat!

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzeL
    Actually, WiiConnect 24 often gets updates you don't know about.....

No, they're not full system updates. Nor are they game updates. However you get plenty of news and weather updates all the time. If you turn WiiConnect24 off it has to update these features when you use them, which isn't such a big deal.
    Actually if you turn WiiConnect24 off then whenever you want to use the weather or news channels you must go into your settings and turn WiiConnect24 on. I'm not going to go through the hassle of turning it on and off just to save 50. Plus I like being notified if there is an update or something new, as I rarely turn my Wii on anymore, so otherwise I wouldn't know.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    2772-8936-1314-9979
    Well, if everyone left their Wiis on then it would come up to be $7-8 million a month. That's about $90 million a year, not counting new Wii sales. Of course, that's a drop in the ocean compared to the costs of watching television, doing something on the computer, and using the lights. Also, all of that is nothing compared to keeping your car fueled.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should look at the bigger issues rather than focus on the smaller ones right now
    (lol I feel like I'm back in my Fundamentals of Ecology class again)

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by RDBRaptor
    Well, if everyone left their Wiis on then it would come up to be $7-8 million a month. That's about $90 million a year, not counting new Wii sales. Of course, that's a drop in the ocean compared to the costs of watching television, doing something on the computer, and using the lights. Also, all of that is nothing compared to keeping your car fueled.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should look at the bigger issues rather than focus on the smaller ones right now
    (lol I feel like I'm back in my Fundamentals of Ecology class again)
    Eh, I could care less what it costs the whole world.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Ads