LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    the more different media that a console can play, the faster it dies. look at the ps2 playing psone games and how the psone games don't always read over time, or a ps1 game will read and a ps2 one won't. it's all about laser alignment. the more types of media that a drive can read, the faster the failure. keep it simple.
    I HACKED THE WII. MY COLLECTION IS LARGE. I OWN ALL. EMULATORS ARE MY FRIEND.

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    Quote Originally Posted by xdanxx
    can you hook your wii up to any internet connection to access the virtual console to buy games? whats the deal with that? thanks guys
    No, you need a wireless internet connection (WiFi), via a wireless router or a Nintendo WiFi-USB Connector (which you plug into your pc and lets you connect to internet with your Wii or DS). You can also have a wired connection via an USB Cable, but I think it's more complicated to set up, but I'm not sure. If you don't have WiFi in your house, or anywhere near, I'd suggest you to buy the Nintendo USB Connector.

The deal about Virtual Console is that you can buy games from older consoles (NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis and TurboGrafx16) and download them directly to your Wii, and then play them whenever you want, although not all the games are available at once, they release like 2 or 3 new games every week (Mondays in the US, not sure if it's the same in Europe).
    Last edited by Zarogan; 05-29-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

ZiG
    Member #
    Friends
    Well, think about this, too. The ps2 slim was NO different than the fat version. It didn't offer any more features or anything. In fact, there ended up being less support for the slim version than the fat version. I have the fat version (bought on launch day) and I never considered myself 'screwed' when the slim one came out....

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarogan
    No, you need a wireless internet connection (WiFi), via a wireless router or a Nintendo WiFi-USB Connector (which you plug into your pc and lets you connect to internet with your Wii or DS). You can also have a wired connection via an USB Cable, but I think it's more complicated to set up, but I'm not sure. If you don't have WiFi in your house, or anywhere near, I'd suggest you to buy the Nintendo USB Connector.
    the wired connection is great nothing hard about it all... its a usb adapter that plugs into the wii's usb port then you take your CAT-5 cable and plug into the connector on the WII and then too your router,hub,switch,direct to modem.

then go to connection settings in the wii options and choose wired and presto you are in business

Member #
    Friends
    You should just buy a Wii now and enjoy everything it has to offer. But getting your hands on one at this moment in time could prove to be tricky, depending on your area.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    The only facelift that has worked so far is the DS > DS lite...even though I prefer my Phat red one ^.^

Ads