Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Error Getting Statistics E7ernal's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Ubisoft: Wii Made Mistakes

Publisher Ubisoft was one of the first third parties to recognize the potential of Nintendo's Wii console and back the platform with a wealth of titles. The company's headlining launch games, Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids, were both exclusively created for Wii and have in the six months since they released each become million-sellers around the world. However, many of the developer's other efforts - all of them quick and unimpressive ports of previously released games on other systems - have faired poorly both from a critical and retail perspective. In an interview with leading German news magazine Spiegel, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot and European head Alain Corre admitted that the publisher was too quick to rush these titles to the market.

"We made mistakes," they told the magazine. According to Spiegel, Ubisoft wanted to be first to capitalize on Wii and in its haste to release product it sacrificed the quality of the titles. Ubisoft has reportedly learned from its mistakes, though, and is promising that the quality of its forthcoming Wii projects will be significantly better.

Corre told Spiegel he is not content with sales of PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. "Sony should set a new price point soon if it still wants to sell a satisfactory amount of units this year," he said, adding, "Microsoft, too, by the way."

Spiegel is one of Europe's most influential news magazines with a weekly circulation of about one million. The publication's recent interview with Ubisoft's heads was part of a bigger piece entitled "Shelf Warmer PlayStation 3: Desperately Seeking Players," which took a very critical look at the underwhelming sales of Sony's technological goliath.
    http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/792/792772p1.html

Strikers: 017280 524282

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    good to see them addimiting thst!
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Error Getting Statistics E7ernal's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    It's interesting that they think that admitting it will make anything bettter. The truth is that they are like everybody else and they are developing primarily for XBox and the only reason they're changing their minds is because Wii is making money now. If anything creating better games for wii now it's gained huge popularity is the real capitalisation.
    [fanboism]They knew the Wii was the best console from the beginning as everyone did.[/fanboism]

Strikers: 017280 524282

Member #
    Friends
    I don't really understand why they admitted to messing up. Why not just say "The first round of Wii games is tough to make, but we've got it all figured out and we promise better products"? That way you don't admit fault and you also promise improvement. The way they put it, I'm kinda wary of current Ubisoft games now.

Member #
    Friends
    Atleast it appears they will be putting more effort into their Wii games from this point forward. What the Wii really needs right now is better third party support.

WiiBrowser
    www.wiibrowser.com

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Admitting that they messed up makes them look more honest when they say the next round will be better. I would rather a company admit that they screwed up, then give lame reasons they didn't deliver in the first place.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    7278-7216-2387-1253
    A big mistake i thought was thinking that people would go through Red Steel all over again to get a good ending if they lost in the final battle Other than that yes all their games have been well lets say inferior but it does take guts to admit your wrong doings so i think we should give them one more chance, if they spout out more crap like far cry then their reputation will further be tarnished.

Mario Strikers: 433892 402981

Member #
    Friends
    I could not wait for the Raymond Raving Rabbids 2.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    DJ Trooper, You can re-do the last level you don't have to do the whole game again....
    But it's good they admitt they suck

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    7278-7216-2387-1253
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    DJ Trooper, You can re-do the last level you don't have to do the whole game again....
    But it's good they admitt they suck
    Really? And get the good ending too? I didn't know this, i read somewhere that you have to go through it all again to get the good ending thats why i just ended up watching it on youtube. DOH!

Mario Strikers: 433892 402981

Ads