LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    The stock market is a great thing if you no to quite when your ahead. My father works for a transport company. When he got the job there they offered him shares at something like 10 cents. It was a small company back then (15 years ago) Now its one of the biggest transport companies in Australia and is now international. The shares my father bought for ruffly 10cents are worth about $25 AUS each. My farther bought alot at 10cents, He has since sold ruffly a quater of them and that money he made is now building us a brand new home. My advice dont be to greedy.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

G'd up from the feet up Digitalldj's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4877-3781-9603-3455
    1000$ is NOTHING, you arent going to make any real money investing only 1000$ especially when it's going to peak, or even fall soon

the jump from 22$ to 46$ was a gradual one, as the Wii was gaining populatiry and selling out everywhere, and even then IT ONLY DOUBLED!

so your 1000$ would have became like 2300$ over that time period

People make more money selling the wii's then that.

take 1000$ and invest it in somthing high risk

buying shares at anything over 46$ a peice, with such a little investment like 1000$ is useless, unless your prepared to hold onto it like LONG LONG term, and hope nintendo comes out with a new system when you own more shares/are worth much more
    Last edited by Digitalldj; 05-31-2007 at 08:43 PM.
    Princess diana you were like a banana slipped on a peel went through the stearing wheel

Member #
    Friends
    1656-4947-1080-8284
    the point is....im 17 and any profit would be greatly appreciated. this way i dont need to find a job and i can be a full time stock trader before im 20 if all goes well. haha, thats kind of ridiculous but i like how it sounds full time stock trader at the age of 17 im not looking to make a living off buying shares of Nintendo, you know?, just enough to buy SSMB when it comes out
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

adf3424sdff
    You seem very ambitious
    Good luck in your profit making!
    Lee.J

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Warren Buffet (One of the riches people in the world) believes that you should invest in things that you use. Go to Sears for clothes? Buy Sears stock. Drink Coke? Buy Coke stock. Play Nintendo games? Buy Nintendo stock.

It's made him a billionaire and others millionaires.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3781-9603-3455
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix
    Warren Buffet (One of the riches people in the world) believes that you should invest in things that you use. Go to Sears for clothes? Buy Sears stock. Drink Coke? Buy Coke stock. Play Nintendo games? Buy Nintendo stock.

It's made him a billionaire and others millionaires.
    uhg..because his biggest strategy is to hold onto shares "forever"

the guy had so much money to begin with, when u have money you make money
    Princess diana you were like a banana slipped on a peel went through the stearing wheel

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3781-9603-3455
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddienoteddy
    the point is....im 17 and any profit would be greatly appreciated. this way i dont need to find a job and i can be a full time stock trader before im 20 if all goes well. haha, thats kind of ridiculous but i like how it sounds full time stock trader at the age of 17 im not looking to make a living off buying shares of Nintendo, you know?, just enough to buy SSMB when it comes out
    u want some good advice? go out and get a job, save up, and buy real estate if you actually are looking to make somthing of yourself, because no offense, but if u need to invest money and earn proffit to buy a Wii game, your in the wrong line of work

not to mention your plan sounds horrible.

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    uhg..because his biggest strategy is to hold onto shares "forever"

the guy had so much money to begin with, when u have money you make money
    Smart investing isn't about trying to make a quick buck.
    If you want to make a quick buck, got to Vegas.

Also, my point was, Warren made a lot of money for people who didn't have a ton of money to start with. They invested with him, he had/has a winning strategy that made them a lot of money.

He began working at his father's brokerage at the age of 11, and that same year made his first stock purchase, buying Cities Services shares for $38.25 each. He sold them when the price reached $40, only to see them rocket to $200 a few years later. This taught him the importance of investing in good companies for the long term.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

umm yaa.... anybody here? chach's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1185-8785-0113-8139
    Ya Ive thought about doing this before, my friend is a big stock trader here in Miami and if I were to invest money it would be through him first....

Im gonna run some numbers with him and tell you guys what his thoughts on investing on Nintendo would be, Im guessing he is gonna be against it he is all about investing in small companies with a future.

Awesome sig by demonflair *_*

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    u want some good advice? go out and get a job, save up, and buy real estate if you actually are looking to make somthing of yourself, because no offense, but if u need to invest money and earn proffit to buy a Wii game, your in the wrong line of work

not to mention your plan sounds horrible.
    I agree. Use that $1000 for something more short term.
    Number of times I've been on the 48-hour banned list: 1

Ads