5976-8685-8380-4889
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3599-7437-7191-4055
    first of all, that person likes crappy music. Secondly, what's the big deal about watching youtube videos on your tv?

Member #
    Friends
    7159-9949-3697-1168
    wii ftw
    If you want to add me, pm me so that i know

Trashcat knows your fears

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    You can really compare the twom as they are mean't for differnt purposes. It's like comparing a fridge and a microwave oven. Although not really, but still. Apple TV lets you watch all the videos downloaded onto your computer, Wii can't do that. It's more for watching videos you have on your computer on TV, or a projector. And another cool thing I saw, was someone using a hacked apple TV to play emulated games on their TV using a N64 controller. But they aren't directly comparable. If you want to watch videos on youtube, then Wii's better. But that doesn't make one better than the other, as they are two comletely different things.

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Yes, I agree, you can't compare two things that are so completely different.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    I was thinking about getting a Apple TV and after talking with a guy at the Apple store I realized that it's not that great.

First of all you stream all music and video from your PC or MAC it does not actually store it on the Apple TV. No big deal really but it would be nice to store it on it's hard drive.

Second none of the shows or movies that are available for download are not HD quality.

Third photos are the best fit for apple tv and are stored on the hard drive of the unit. The larger the resolution the better.

Fourth there is no TIVO / DVR type function.

Fifth there is no computer function. Basically it's a IPOD type device that hooks up to your TV.

I spoke with the salesperson and after talking we both decided that right now if you own a HDTV the only real purpose would be to display your photos. Other than that it's a waste. Until Apple offers higher quality videos and the ability to save them on the Unit and not on your PC or MAC and i tunes store compatibility with out the use of a PC or MAC I will not get one.

All in all it's a great idea but some things need to be added or changed in order for me to buy one.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I thought that you could store stuff on the Apple TV or just stream it from your computer? I think that the Apple TV is pretty cool, but it would make more sense for me to just hook my Mac up to my TV, which I have though about doing anyway. Then I could just use Front Row to do most of what I could do on an Apple TV.
    Edit: Why doesn't this forum recognize the Apple symbol?
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    There's an apple!

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I mean the symbol it makes when you press option+shift+K on a Mac. I will take a screenshot of it.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    I mean the symbol it makes when you press option+shift+K on a Mac. I will take a screenshot of it.

Um I assume you are a girl from your pink text but if you happen to be a guy I don't mean to offend you.

That command only works if you are using a mac
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Ads