Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

a few questions for the wii experts

Greetings...

I'm very new to the wii. On a spur of the moment thing this last week I decided I wanted to buy the wii, so i called every store in town, only 1 place had it, so I went there and picked it up....
    So far I only have about an hour of playing it, but its been fun so far....

But I have a few questions for the wii experts:

1) Do we have(or are we going to have) a comparable choice of games to the other systems? (360/ps3) At first glance it seems 360 has the game choice dominated....

2) Whats the real deal on the graphics/performance of the wii? At first glance Paper mario seems to the a big buzz game, but it seems awfully behind on graphics, it looks like an old gamecube or n64 version on mario...(i could be wrong, I only played it for 30 minutes) ...your thoughts?

3) The only way to get my wife to be okay with the $ spent on the wii is to get plenty of Co-op and multi-player games(she loves to play game consoles together), can you please visit this thread to share your input on this.... ( http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post428470 )

4) One selling point to me was download-able nes, n64, etc games. I dig some of the classics! BUT when viewing the wii shop/store I found a VERY limited amount of these. When will that store be loaded with choices? Do we have any idea?

AND...While you are replying, would you list your top 5 game recommendations for me and top 3 future games that will be musts? (not VR)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by proper_threads; 06-02-2007 at 03:40 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    1. No the 360 beats the Wii's ass as of now.
    2. They suck. The Wii doesn't have too good of graphics anyway but the games with the best graphics were just GC ports anyway.

There aren't five games I would recommend, so i will just say to get Zelda and Super Paper Mario.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    -=CLASSIFIED=- Number of Kills: Over 100000 Bounty Earned: $925786857
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    1. No the 360 beats the Wii's ass as of now.
    2. They suck. The Wii doesn't have too good of graphics anyway but the games with the best graphics were just GC ports anyway.

There aren't five games I would recommend, so i will just say to get Zelda and Super Paper Mario.
    Wow, you're REALLY ignorant he said he is interested in MULTIPLAYER games not one player games. So if you're going to keep posting posts like you just did don't post at all.

^Thanks for the sweet sig, manred!^
    Online Wii Games: BWII, MSC, Medal of Honor 2: Heroes, and SSBB
    MoH: H2 Persona: Jonny Rambo
    MSC Name: Gabe
    BWII Name: Gabriel
    SSBB Name: GaS
    SSBB FC: 0130-1580-5884

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus101
    Wow, you're REALLY ignorant he said he is interested in MULTIPLAYER games not one player games. So if you're going to keep posting posts like you just did don't post at all.
    What crawled up your ass? He said multiplayer in number three, which he has a separate thread for, but at the end he asked for the top game recommendations, no mention of multiplayer. All I did was tell him the truth, so there is nothing wrong with my post.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    5783-4132-2401-7433

What crawled up your ass? He said multiplayer in number three, which he has a separate thread for, but at the end he asked for the top game recommendations, no mention of multiplayer. All I did was tell him the truth, so there is nothing wrong with my post.
    Not the truth, your ignorant opinion.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    1) Do we have(or are we going to have) a comparable choice of games to the other systems? (360/ps3) At first glance it seems 360 has the game choice dominated....

One day wii will
    One day

2) Whats the real deal on the graphics/performance of the wii? At first glance Paper mario seems to the a big buzz game, but it seems awfully behind on graphics, it looks like an old gamecube or n64 version on mario...(i could be wrong, I only played it for 30 minutes) ...your thoughts?

There xbox + xbox
    Ie not the best but can still look good

4) One selling point to me was download-able nes, n64, etc games. I dig some of the classics! BUT when viewing the wii shop/store I found a VERY limited amount of these. When will that store be loaded with choices? Do we have any idea?

They add new wii stuff every week for direct download

AND...Will you are replying, would you list your top 5 game recommendations for me and top 3 future games that will be musts?

What on
    Virtual console

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightWarrior
    Not the truth, your ignorant opinion.
    How is it not truth? The 360 has a better game selection, that is a fact and can't be argued. The games have GC graphics now too, as the best looking games are GC ports. Now what is false about that?

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266

We dont have as many games because the 360 has been out way longer like a year or sumhin

Graphics are good sort of invetween p2 and hi def .

They add new wii stuff every week for direct download

AND...Will you are replying, would you list your top 5 game recommendations for me and top 3 future games that will be musts?

The godfather
    Mario strikers
    Zelda
    Paper mario

Member #
    -=CLASSIFIED=- Number of Kills: Over 100000 Bounty Earned: $925786857
    Friends

How is it not truth? The 360 has a better game selection, that is a fact and can't be argued. The games have GC graphics now too, as the best looking games are GC ports. Now what is false about that?
    Who cares about stupid graphics, man...that's all people care about these days. It's now graphics over gameplay.

^Thanks for the sweet sig, manred!^
    Online Wii Games: BWII, MSC, Medal of Honor 2: Heroes, and SSBB
    MoH: H2 Persona: Jonny Rambo
    MSC Name: Gabe
    BWII Name: Gabriel
    SSBB Name: GaS
    SSBB FC: 0130-1580-5884

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus101
    Who cares about stupid graphics, man...that's all people care about these days. It's now graphics over gameplay.
    Thats what he asked for, so I told him the truth. Yes gameplay is more important than graphics, but graphics still add alot to the game.

Ads