+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by wiisgood
    Where would an external hard drive plug into the present Wii form factor? Or would it only be for new Wii's (lets call them Wii2's.)
    This is what I have been pondering. Im fairly certain that they could make a hard-(disk?) that could plug into the wii's usb port(s).

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    what does this sound like to you?

SPOnG had the presence of mind to speak to a Nintendo representative on the subject who said, "It is pure rumour and speculation and none of it is based in any fact or announcement." Chalk up a point for Nintendo on the SPOnG Industry BS Index - there is no 'fact' behind the rumour.
    There is NO FACT BEHIND THE RUMOR. It's just a rumor like 95% of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    This is what I have been pondering. Im fairly certain that they could make a hard-(disk?) that could plug into the wii's usb port(s).
    And yes they can add a hard drive to the Wii. It would just need a system update for it to work. It's not a question of will it happen, it's a question on when.
    Last edited by AZ_Wii_Tard; 06-04-2007 at 12:38 PM.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    what does this sound like to you?

There is NO FACT BEHIND THE RUMOR. It's just a rumor like 95% of everything else.
    Nobody said it was a fact. IGN never even got around to starting a rumor (though if they had, the denial of the Nintendo janitor "spong" got a hold of wasn't all that convincing. A denial = "Nintendo is not releasing a hard drive", they said "We never told anyone Nintendo was release a HD"). So you basically just posted that IGN would call speculation was... wait for it, speculation. Not a big scoop.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    So you are pissed because they did not name the representative they talked to. So what, they got some info and had someone from Nintendo turn it down saying it was a rumor.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    And yes they can add a hard drive to the Wii. It would just need a system update for it to work. It's not a question of will it happen, it's a question on when.
    Im not an expert at this, but i DO know that it would take more than an update to add a significant amount of memory to the hard drive. You cant just update and poof now you have 100 gb of memory to store on your wii.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Im not an expert at this, but i DO know that it would take more than an update to add a significant amount of memory to the hard drive. You cant just update and poof now you have 100 gb of memory to store on your wii.
    Not really. Actually it really easy. All you would need to do is update your Wii from a download that Nintendo release and you can hook up a HD through your USB. Same goes for a wireless keyboard and mouse for the internet channel.

here is another article to support my finding:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/04/w...-pure-specula/
    Last edited by AZ_Wii_Tard; 06-04-2007 at 02:26 PM.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    2772-8936-1314-9979
    Not really. Actually it really easy. All you would need to do is update your Wii from a download that Nintendo release and you can hook up a HD through your USB. Same goes for a wireless keyboard and mouse for the internet channel.

here is another article to support my finding:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/04/w...-pure-specula/
    I'm really hoping for this, as soon as I saw the USBs in the back of my Wii the first thought that came to my mind was whether or not I'd be able to plug in my external hard drive in right away. I was a bit disappointed but I'm really hoping that does happen when E3 rolls around. It would really suck if they stuck with the SD cards or forced you to use a Nintendo made external hard drive.

Member #
    Friends
    0430-9009-6263-5525
    Quote Originally Posted by RDBRaptor
    It would really suck if they stuck with the SD cards or forced you to use a Nintendo made external hard drive.
    if nintendo do make there own hardrive i recon we will see mods to convert are external/internal hardrives into wii drives
    Wii Username:MII123 Wii Online Code: 0430-9009-6263-5525
    Mario Strikers Charged Football 395237 869217

Wii, 3XWiimotes, nunchuck, Classic Controller,1GB sd

Part of The WDSRT(Wiichat Ds Review Team)

Member #
    Friends
    Using the "excuse" of Neo Geo VC games as the driving force behind the external hard drive is extremely weak. First the majority of Wii owners are not the same people who owned a Neo Geo console. Back in 93 the console alone was 650$ and each game was around 200$! A few cartridges are still being released but do you personally know anyone who owns one?

Most of you forget that the Neo Geo was still cartridge based. The original spec was around 40MB,,, remember how the startup screen said "330 MEGA PRO GEAR SPEC" ? Even the later games with multiple rom banks had a maximum uncompressed size of 90MB. A 2gb Sandisk SD card can be purchased for under 20$ shipped and could easily hold all the VC titles you would ever want.

Last... any real fan of Neo Geo already owns either an AES and/or MVS home console and not the junk NeoCD. I invite you to do a search on ebay for AES Neo Geo under completed items...

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Still a HD would be nice for adding music, photos, games, and other content. It's just a matter of time that's all.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Ads