Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    Zelda has both
    Excite Truck has both
    Godfather has both
    Trauma Center has Both
    Tiger Woods has both
    Marvel has both

To me that is a good list of games that offer both Game play and Graphics
    Excite truck was arcadey, i have no problem with that but yeah the gameplay is good.

Trauma centre does not have good gameplay

Tigerwoods can be hard to use sometimes

And cmon Marvel? i would say neither but thats my opinion.

And GTA3 was great graphics at the time and Amazing gameplay!

--------------Edit----------------------
    Yeah godfather is a good game i must admit.

The King of Fox's Fox MattCloud's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    yeah, like you said gta 3 had good graphics at the time, so we will have to wait and see what the wii has to offer.

One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    And that brings me to my final point. Everyone says that the Wii is new so therefor they havn't gotten to its best capabilites but i still dont think thats a good enough excuse for a GC game to have better graphics than a wii game. The Wii should be just as easier for programmers to figure out.
    it all really depends on the game. I bought Rainbow Six 3 and Metroid Prime 2 (both for GC) at gamestop one day, and when i got home, realized that Rainbow 6 looked like complete ASS, but metroid was beautiful! and both were made in the same year. So of course there are gonna be shitty looking games for the wii, and they're going to be more evident (being the underdog in graphics). I have complete faith that there will be some waaayyy better games to come for the wii.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    look these graphics are not really that bad we have all just seen HD graphics and that makes improvements on the wii look like nothing. Go back and play your old computer games that you thought looked awesome at the time... they look horrible now. I know the wii is never going to look as sharp as the PS3 or 360 so dont expect it. i know that the wii has better graphics than the GC its just the difference is not huge yet and with time it will be a much bigger difference RE4 came out after 5 or 6 years of the GC's Life. Look at Luigis Mansion it does not look as good as RE 4 and thats because it was at the beggining of the GC's life.

Now this is directed at Ronald... did you play Trama Center because that game was awesome and had perfect controls... im sorry if you sucked at the game.

Now as for game play... Super Paper Mario, The God Father, Mario Party 8, Wario Ware Smooth moves, Metal Slug Anthology, Trama Center, SSX, and Red Steel ( once you got used to them). All have great controls and there are probably others thats just all that i have played.

me two game systems below zachp18's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6651-9695-6213-2367
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    The Nintendo Wii has had pretty bad graphics so far stuff like mortal combat spiderman and all those mini games and stuff have made people angry so im going to get to the point and make sure no one says "graphics dont matter cause gameplay does" well that doesn't mean they have to slack. Why is it that resident evil 4 for GC has better graphics than any game on the Wii? Zelda was good but not one game has had good graphics since then.

Which brings me to my next point. Everyone says Gameplay over Graphics but where is the gameplay! This is starting to make me angry that the gameplay hasn't really been that good. Zelda and excite truck were pretty good but what else? Everyone has complaints about every games controls. Spiderman gets old fast and games like SSX and Mortal Combat are hard to pick up and play.

And that brings me to my final point. Everyone says that the Wii is new so therefor they havn't gotten to its best capabilites but i still dont think thats a good enough excuse for a GC game to have better graphics than a wii game. The Wii should be just as easier for programmers to figure out.

AND IF YOUR GOING TO BE LAZY AND MAKE A GAME WITH BAD GRAPHICS DONT JUST TACK ON CRAPPY CONTROLS AND SAY IT HAS GAMEPLAY! wii is making me sick.
    Gameplay, i think matters much more than graphics but like you said, graphics for the wii are dissipointing. I mean come on, some games have graphics that are par with the ps2...

Wii games that I own: Zelda, The godfather, Wii sports, Resident Evil 4.

Next up: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by zachp18
    Gameplay, i think matters much more than graphics but like you said, graphics for the wii are dissipointing. I mean come on, some games have graphics that are par with the ps2...
    truuuee II guesss

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends

Hmm...

Well, from a hardware point of view, if anything the Wii will lag less for example when turning around so the "scenery" has to rotate (observed on Sonic Adventure 2: Battle/Sonic Adventure DX/SSB Melee) because really, the Wii is to the Gamecube what nVidia's "Geforce4 MX" was to the "GeForce2 MX". Not much new, just on steroids (higher clocks) and so on....

And with the extra power, and more RAM (512 vs 48 i think), i'm sure graphics will be capable of looking better than a PS2 usually does (though lets face it, Dreamcast has better graphics compared to the PS2 on titles that were released for both, etc. Also the DC could do up to 7M polygons/sec but for some reason SEGA only officially said 3M....yet the GC specs are 6M...odd. The DC should've been what the Wii is now 7 years ago! I loved surfing on that lil beige box...'till my gran got the phone bill. Hahaha! ).
    Last edited by Chaos Husky; 06-05-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    just as a question, are you guys playing on 480i or 480p. because i just component cables about a week ago, and the games look SO much better with them. Well, most of them anyways, because they all pretty much support 480p.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Husky
    And with the extra power, and more RAM (512 vs 48 i think),
    Are you saying the Wii has 512Mb of ram? It only has 40 more than the Gamecube,,, which only had 24!

Ads