LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    yes US version, coz i checked again it says 2.0U.

so i have to update the firmware to 2.2, before i play backup games? hmm, need to find a wifi to do that coz i dun have wifi at home. oh btw, if i bring to my office, but no wifi, just USB Modem, can i hooked up to my wii? does the wii has built-in Wifi? sorry for asking coz i just got my wii. thanks.

Member #
    Friends
    It does have built-in WiFi but you'll need an access point to be connected to. Did you get it at 188 or Golden?

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    Hey ciper, LA is aussie (checked mine and im in New Zealand) Just thought youd like the info

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Almo
    Hey ciper, LA is aussie (checked mine and im in New Zealand) Just thought you'd like the info
    Thanks Almo

Quote Originally Posted by uniquexme
    yes US version, coz i checked again it says 2.0U
    If you are ABSOLUTELY sure its US version (double check your serial number) then you can update the console to version 2.1 with USA VERSION ONLY Super Paper Mario. Personally I'd try to get it online to be safe. I don't think any USA games with update version 2.2 exist yet.

Member #
    Friends
    i got it from Golden at Sham Shui Pou, coz i asked around my frenz, they said its gamers' heaven. keke. i oso went to Mong kok PC center, and a building just behind KWS. price roughly the same lor. haha..... BUT 1 very wierd thing is that they are all saying that there is no Genuine Wii, only "water" ones. keke....

now i understand, USA version only 2.1U is the latest, but i dun think i will upgrade it, since i will have to bring my wii to somewhere with wifi. haha... oh yah, can some1 enlighten me why is that playing downloaded games w/o updating firmware will cause damage to the console??

m having hard time downloading wii games, since they are 4GB, and u know lah, Malaysia broadband sucks, super slow. we only have 1MB, while in HK, and other area, already 10-100MB rite? hmm. i think i will go grab some "ahem" ones. haha, really can't wait, coz so tired after playing Wii Sports.

oh, just want to say thanks to everyone here who help me out. have a nice Wii Day!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Uniquexme
    Your Manglish is quite strong, most people on this board might not understand I'm used to it because I have alot of friends in Singapore.

2.2U is actually the latest firmware available, but only online. 2.1U is the latest you can get from a game which is super paper mario

If you buy any "very low priced" games DONT let them update your system. Try to find some place with internet you can borrow to get the 2.2U firmware

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Uniquexme
    Your Manglish is quite strong, most people on this board might not understand I'm used to it because I have alot of friends in Singapore.

2.2U is actually the latest firmware available, but only online. 2.1U is the latest you can get from a game which is super paper mario

If you buy any "very low priced" games DONT let them update your system. Try to find some place with internet you can borrow to get the 2.2U firmware
    keke, yes, i m chinese, haha, so we are used to this Manglish stuffs. haha... ok noted bro, i will try to get a wifi to update, i think i will bring it to my wife shop since she got wifi there. noted on the "free" game oso. thanks. but my bitcomet wii games are not moving at all. damn.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by uniquexme
    keke, yes, i m chinese, haha, so we are used to this Manglish stuffs. haha... ok noted bro, i will try to get a wifi to update, i think i will bring it to my wife shop since she got wifi there. noted on the "free" game oso. thanks. but my bitcomet wii games are not moving at all. damn.
    You should consider switching to Utorrent. The program is only 172KB and doesnt need to install, only a single file! It uses a lot less memory than most clients and supports all the features. The only one missing that Bitcomet has is the preview while downloading option

If you want I have a list of trackers you could add to your download that should help. Do you have DHT turned on and is your port forwarded?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    You should consider switching to Utorrent. The program is only 172KB and doesnt need to install, only a single file! It uses a lot less memory than most clients and supports all the features. The only one missing that Bitcomet has is the preview while downloading option

If you want I have a list of trackers you could add to your download that should help. Do you have DHT turned on and is your port forwarded?
    i m now trying on the Utorrent. sorry ciper, i have little knowledge on this torrent thing. i m now downloading both bitcomet and utorrent, see which is faster. i checked on my bitcomet, yes DHT is turned on

Member #
    Friends
    guys, i have reconfirmed that my Wii is USA coz my serial no. starts with LU.

i went to grab 2 "cheap" Wii USA games, Cooking Mama (for my wife), and Farcry Vengeance. Back home, put in Cooking Mama, it says initialing update, so i immediately eject the disk. Then i tried Farcry Vengenace, saw the game, but when i click on it, it says unable to read the disk. Thus both game cannot be played. Can i check with you guys, how come at the Wii main menu, "cheap" games dun have game icons appeared? wat shd i do now? will online update help me play these games? i was worried that i might be conned, can it be that there is no modchip within? But from the receipt given at HK, it says WiiIC @ HKD80. I really have doubt with this modchip.

at the place i bought those games yesterday, i saw Wii on display, asked them about price and modchip. But its an old guy, think in his 60s, he said that his Japanese Wii is able to display English menu???!!! is this really true? i might bash myself if it can be done, coz i spent USD120 more just for it to display English! damn.........

help needed from all pros here. thanks

Ads