LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6847-9373-0836-0292

Electronic Arts forms a new casual games division.

June 06, 2007 - Electronic Arts has announced the formation of EA Casual Entertainment today, a new division led by Kathy Vrabeck (who previously served as president of Activision), which will create games for consoles, handhelds, the PC and mobile phones.

"All over the world, consumers are playing games that don’t require hours of intense concentration," said Vrabeck. "The common denominator is casual fun. Whether it will be playing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the Wii with the family or downloading Madden NFL 08 on a phone, quick-to-the-fun games are bringing new players and new demographics to interactive entertainment."

EA CEO John Riccitiello said: "EA is aligning talent and resources to focus on the growing market for highly accessible games. We’re fortunate to have recruited a dynamic executive like Kathy Vrabeck to lead this team. She’s got a proven success record in our industry and the ability to help EA lead this fast-growing genre of entertainment."

The new studio's first games are yet to be announced.

link

Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    So EA are going to be making more games......... Well done EA, you will now be able to food the market quicker with more shit games!

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such – Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting – Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    EA Casual Games Department? Wouldn't that just consist of a bunch of underworked overpaid EA whores sitting around slightly more than they usually do?
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    EA Casual Games Department? Wouldn't that just consist of a bunch of underworked overpaid EA whores sitting around slightly more than they usually do?
    basically.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads