Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Velly interlesting,

Nintendo clearly have another prong to the attack and that is survival of the smartest - by releasing a machine that is now being labeled "New Gen" and not "Next Gen" they have been very very canny with all the stratagems as you have listed but also with shipping a machine that really wouldn't have been a seller due to the 'poor' spec it has - they have banked everything on the innovation and unlike Sony and MS - who have taken the obvious route of "Give em more power" - Nintendo have had to ensure that failure - a la GC style - wouldn't, nay couldn't knock again.

With this realisation Nintendo have had to bow down seemingly, in some respects and done what it takes to make the Wii a winner!! It has taken such a long time for their change in attitude that people are genuinely surprised at this.

If you think about it logically, where else could they go, you can only write so many titles a year on your own and when you have such a great innovation - it makes financial sense to share the work and gain the exposure!!!

The telling point of all of this will be when the Wii sales drop - if at all and we'll see if the big N decide to go it alone if it all goes tits up.

Only time will tell - but for now excellent read Tc7
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    good article , i'm looking forward to franchises that haven't been on the wii......mainly guitar hero and ddr(besides the mario one)
    Last edited by mushroomedmario; 06-09-2007 at 01:03 PM.

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    3388-6355-5969-8398
    A long but very interesting read... looking forward to the greater variety of games to come out on the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Now if Nintendo can continue to wake up and smell the coffee.

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    lol well the bits i read were interesting, wasnt in the mood for reading a book lol

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Nintendo,Gaming 24/7 fatalorgasm92's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3157-7038-9234-4590
    God I hope Nintendo comes back to power and All these Devs learn how to start making Games again!! Im am Sick of all the FPS Rehashing.. Every game is the same with barely any story!! FPSs lost my interest in about 2001. Last one i really took to was Halo 1. I liked SS 2 and Deus Ex alot. Now there all the same.

Lets play some Nintendo Games Nintendo is God

What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."-Miyamoto

Member #
    Friends
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalorgasm92
    God I hope Nintendo comes back to power and All these Devs learn how to start making Games again!! Im am Sick of all the FPS Rehashing.. Every game is the same with barely any story!! FPSs lost my interest in about 2001. Last one i really took to was Halo 1. I liked SS 2 and Deus Ex alot. Now there all the same.

Lets play some Nintendo Games Nintendo is God
    Don't you think that Nintendo are trying to bring new formats to the table with both DS and Wii? (Hotel Dusk / Wii Sports for example)

The rehashing on the Wii is certainly a respite from the other console versions - Redsteel etc to a certain extent - all we need is for someone to bring out an FPS with tighter controls and it will be the tits.

As for breathing life into other genres - take a look at Godfather Blackhand, the gesture controls are absolutely spot on!!

Wii's devs are coming good - can't wait to see Mario Galaxy either - and I am NOT a Mario fan....am I on the turn???
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    For people who like references: NYT's: Putting the We back in Wii

Pssst. Reposting someone's work without acknowledging the source is plagiarism.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

waiting4[SSBbrawl] mostlyspoons19's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0730-7579-9669-5500

Wii Rox Nintendo Rules

YA the wii pwns all resistance. So does w w w . n i n t e n g a m e r s . c o m

way better than wiichataboutballs!!

Ads