LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Finally purchased a Wii! Need some game suggestions.

Grabbed a Wii this morning at Target and was just checking to see what everyone suggests I check out?

I purchased Super Paper Mario because, hello, it's Mario! However, it's a bit slow in the beginning. I'm not so sure if I like it just yet. Does it pick up or what?

I'll probably purchase Wii Play because it's a great deal with the remote.

I was told Wario Ware and the ER game or something. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Also, what is a good Wii tutorial site to where I can read up on anything and everything related to the Wii? Re: points, virtual consoal, etc...

Thanks guys!

2. Ads

me two game systems below zachp18's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6651-9695-6213-2367
    Don't worry man, super paper mario will get better ( in my opinion anyway ). For game suggestions check out zelda for sure! It is a great and epic game. If your into the more violent kinda games, check out godfather, that's a good one too! Hope I could help!

Wii games that I own: Zelda, The godfather, Wii sports, Resident Evil 4.

Next up: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    Virtual console is nothing but a drain on your Wallet. What type of games do you like? Personally I suggest going to the local used game store and picking up a bunch of Gamecube games. You'll get far more for the money and besides most Wii games are nearly identicle to their GC versions.

Member #
    Friends
    Zelda gets boring, Wii Play is crap, Excite Truck is awesome but short, Wario Ware is great but multi player lets it down, PGA tours is awesome, Strikers Charged is fun but crap online oh and Elebits is boring too.

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Member #
    Friends
    Get Twilight Princess!

Member #
    Friends
    I really love the golf on the Sports. I think I might check out Tiger Woods '07.

Also, I love the use of the wiimote, so what games really make use of the uniqueness of it?

For Gamecube games, can I just purchase the classic controller, or will I need a specific GC controller.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Red Steel is great for 4 player romps, but the controls could be tighter (don't let anyone catch you from behind). Red Steel 2 (2008) was rumored to maybe possibly bring the online vs multiplayer with it.

I'm a big Zelda fan, but I've been away from consoles for some time, so I'm starting with OoT and advancing thru MM and WW before I try TP. I should get my GC Zelda Collector's Disc sometime next week. But I recommend every Zelda title.

Right now The Godfather looks like one of the coolest games I've never played. Building up your turf, roughing up the competition, and doing it with your very own hands? Sandbox title that's on my list.

In August, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption comes out. If that's your genre, you might want to save up for it.

Depending on your circumstances (did you own a GC?), the gamecube library (via ebay) can be a very nice place to get some bargain games. You don't get to use the wiimote (the wavebird is a great controller), but you get Metroid Prime, Beyond Good or Evil, some MK title, A Bond (I recommend EON), Soul Calibur II, Star Wards Rogue Squadron, and that will pretty well round you out for a while. Mario 64 on the VC is worth 10$, though not all titles can say that. Plenty to hold you over until the big titles start rolling in.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    4055-6035-4767-2464
    If you like pokemon get Pokemon Battle Revolution when it comes out on June 25th, Zelda Twilight Princess, ummmm...... Mario Party 8

CURRENTLY MAKING THE FOLLOWING FOR REP!!!
    -Signatures
    ...Also go Denver Broncos!!!

Member #
    Friends
    You are correct Paper Mario is slow in the beginning, it will get better, it is a great game.

I really recommend Zelda TP if you are ready to devote some time to a game. I usually am not a fan of RPG type games, but this is a fantastic title, I think every Wii owner should have it because of the great control scheme.

Warioware is short, I would say buy it if you wanted to have it just in case you and a group of friends get really tossed and play it. Crazy game, another one you at least have to rent, you need to experience it.

Excitetruck is another that you should at least rent. Really fun to play for a while.

PGA Tour takes some learning curve to it, not as easy as other consoles, in my opinion, but that makes it more like real golf, where I hit double bogeys on a regular basis. =)

There are fantastic looking games on the way.

The Wii has a lot of rentals in my opinion. Go to the rental store before you buy anything, plus anything you beat while you rent it is still saved in memory.

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    I fifth Zelda-TP, Red Steel was alright...but I'd recommend renting it first. There's all kinds of games coming out...check this out-http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/29470-what-games-you-looking-foward.html

That is a good thread for games coming soon...

BTW, Lowtek...your sig is great.

Ads