Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Any issues buying a used Wii?

In the event that I buy someone's used Wii, are there any issues I need to be aware of? Not so much the obvious "make sure it's working" but like, personal info or any way it might be tied to the former owner. Is there a way to clear/reset it back to factory defaults?

(Sorry if this is asked a lot... I tried to do a search for posts with "used" in the title, but someone decided to not allow "used" as a searchable term )
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Its not easy but check for evidence that the system was taken apart.

Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    also make sure you know the parental controls code so you can change it to your liking. it would be bad to not have the code for parental controls if it isnt turned off.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Also, if they bought VC games, it'd be in your best interest to not reset it

And like Ciper said, Definitely check to see if they opened the Wii. Check for scratches near the screw holes and also see if the stickers are straight and aligned.

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    You can reset it to factory settings in the Wii settings menu. You should be able to re download the VC games as they are marked with the Wiis' Number which will not change

Member #
    Friends
    4696-6979-1442-8368
    i got a 2nd hand one nothing didnt come with instructions and wii sports but yeah check it hasn't been modded mine had a couple of miis to delete and game saves apart from that it was in tip top shape and im luvin it dont see why everyone says there isnt any good games yet there tons im joinin gameswap so i can play them all whoo
    Wii Games: Zelda TP, Wii Sports, Super paper mario, RE 4 Wii Edition
    VC Games:24 too many and a lot are crap

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ok, got my used one, everything seems fine. Only issue I've come across is when making a Mii character, and you're asked who the creator is, the previous owner's name appears on the list of options (along with "self" or whatever). Is there a way to take it off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Ok, got my used one, everything seems fine. Only issue I've come across is when making a Mii character, and you're asked who the creator is, the previous owner's name appears on the list of options (along with "self" or whatever). Is there a way to take it off?
    Backup your save games to the SD card and the Miis to the Wiimote and reformat the system.

The_Loose_Cannon
    just make sure there are no parental settings on the wii. So many people buy one and have issues obtaining the passcode.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    just make sure there are no parental settings on the wii. So many people buy one and have issues obtaining the passcode.
    Good catch!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The_Loose_Cannon again." blech

Ads