LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm sorry but this is stupid. I have a Wii and a PS3 but I gotta stick up for my PS3. So what is the Wii is destroying the PS3. I have a very simple way to explain this to all of you who get off on seeing these statistics. The Wii cost $350 less than the PS3, therefore more people can afford to buy a Wii. Since more people can buy it, and it is cheaper, it's more attractive, therefore more people want to buy it. Now since more people want one, there is a higher demand for them. Since there is a high demand, they are being sold out constantly. If everyone can't get their hands on one, this demand will stay higher for a longer amount of time. And the only reason the margin has increased from 8:1 is that Nintendo has finally picked up production, enabling more people to buy them. You can call me a fanboy for all of this and for what I'm about to say. The PS3 is a better console, hands down, better online play, will have better games, and you can count on that, and it's online will soon smash everything else. This is the first time I've ever gone out and said this stuff, because normally I'm pretty unbiased about this stuff, but I needed to say this because of all this stuff comparing the Wii to the PS3/360 is bs, they're not even in the same league. Nuff said.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    - -

Great information, but that's not really taking me by surprise giving that Nintendo is a Japanese company. 8 to 1 though, W-O-W.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    okay, we already knew the wii was outselling the ps3...why should we care by how much?

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    LMFAO!
    But seriously. Sony just isn't big in Japan, whereas Nintendo which is a Japanese based company will obviously be popular.
    It'd be better to get USA, Europe or worldwide statistics
    Sony isnt big in Japan? Are you sure about that?

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Um... Those are really short term sales. Almost everyone is aware of the current console sales. Way to inform the .0001% that actually want to know every 7 days what console sales are.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Um... Those are really short term sales. Almost everyone is aware of the current console sales. Way to inform the .0001% that actually want to know every 7 days what console sales are.
    We have two threads already about MONTHLY sales numers where the Wii outsells the PS3 either 3:1 and later 5:1 so this thread was to show the natural progression.

Don't pretend you don't understand. I know you aren't that close minded.

Member #
    Friends
    What did you expect from a console that sells less than the GameBoy Advance? PS3 is the new DreamCast
    Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    LMFAO!
    But seriously. Sony just isn't big in Japan, whereas Nintendo which is a Japanese based company will obviously be popular.
    It'd be better to get USA, Europe or worldwide statistics
    actually japan pretty much was against nintendo for a time. Remember the birth of the playstation happened when nintendo broke contract with Sony for the snes cd and went with Phillips, a european company to make another cartridged based system. At that time Japanese companies were pissed off at nintendo for going in favor of a non japanese company, there were even some protests and japanese third party developers flocked to Sony and not nintendo because of this.

Sony is still considered a japanese based company, and the japanese are still very proud of Sony. Still the Wii will be a system that needs to rely on nintendo support and not third party support. Third party developers see the wii as a quick buck but not worth putting any block buster titles on.

Also do not forget nintendo has had ties with the japanese mafia (yakuza) and run a taxi service as well as opperated sex hotels (also used for drugs and gambling).

The only reason the PS3 is not selling like hot cakes is because its a next gen system. When you use new technology for the first time, its always a slow process. Then theres the price and the lack of titles. Once the game titles are out, people will buy. Why buy a console for FF13 or MGS4 when those games wont come out till next year? Its really a waiting game. I also want to remind you the wii uses old technology, a 700mhz cpu. YOu are not getting much of an upgraded system, rather a remarketing of the Game Cube tech to make up for lost profits. All it took was one controller and a cheap price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by HealingAura
    What did you expect from a console that sells less than the GameBoy Advance? PS3 is the new DreamCast
    the dream cast was an amazing system that suffered from lack of third party support. The ps3 has a lot of third party support as well as a multicorporation that involved in all types of entertainment behind it. Also some big franchises like MGS4 and FF to name a few. Its not the new dreamcast, its the future of consoles.
    The ps3 is an open based system, meaning users, like me and you with propper knowledge can create our own games for it, run OS like linux on it, use appz and upgrade it easily with third party products. The future of gaming has always been leaning towards user generated content (or the possibility of it). The ps3 is the first console to support Homebrew.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 06-18-2007 at 06:18 PM.

Ads