Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by G3n0cide
    In all honesty i don't see why everyone would really buy a PS3 apart from MGS4, yes im a MGS fan but paying $1000 (thats the price in Aus for a new unit) just for one game imo is not worth it...

Just buy a PC instead.. hell for $1000 you can get some alright (obviously not the best) stuff..
    If you own a 1080P TV the blue Ray is a bonus. A year from now games will be out and nobody will be talking about this. Graphics are amazing. A good gaming computer is going to cost the same price if not more depending on what you get. Game library's suck for PC. Blue Ray not available for PC, and if it is your going to pay for it. Do you even know what your talking about? Besides who wants to sit in front of their computer and play games vs. playing them on your TV?
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    If you own a 1080P TV the blue Ray is a bonus. A year from now games will be out and nobody will be talking about this. Graphics are amazing. A good gaming computer is going to cost the same price if not more depending on what you get. Game library's suck for PC. Blue Ray not available for PC, and if it is your going to pay for it. Do you even know what your talking about? Besides who wants to sit in front of their computer and play games vs. playing them on your TV?
    the game library suck for PCs are you serious? there are WAY better games for PCs than consoles... what games are you playing on PC? sesame street? nickjr.com?

i could build a good gaming PC cheaper than what the PS3 cost. and id rather sit in a nice computer chair playing FPS with keyboard and mouse vs playing on control stick with crappy inverted controls...

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    So you claim to be able to build a PC that's better than PS3 for less of a price, you still don't have Blue Ray or 1080P, what monitor are you playing your games on your PC, most likely dual 20" LCD or so. Big deal. Wow your sitting in a nice desk chair, while I'm sitting on a nice sofa or leather chair while playing on a larger screen with better graphics, able to watch a DVD or TV. Stick to your dungeons and dragon buddy. Yes there are way better games than what is offered for PC's that's why I don't waste my time playing games on a computer. I use my computer to work and surf the net. If I want to play a game I use my console.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    So you claim to be able to build a PC that's better than PS3 for less of a price, you still don't have Blue Ray or 1080P, what monitor are you playing your games on your PC,
    What? Thats just not even right.

A PC can do BETTER than 1080p. In fact you can often run your LCD/Plasma at its native resolution which will look far better than the processed 1080p signal. Even on OLD displays its better to run the lower Native resolution than the 1080i or 720p input....

Blue ray IS available for the PC. In fact you can even copy the BlueRay movies on non-hdpc using AnyDVD by slysoft.

I think you missed out on just how many people use HTPCs. Its a far larger market than console games.

Edit: AnyDVD HD has been able to decrypt blueray movies since March.
    Last edited by ciper; 06-13-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    what's the price of a Blue Ray for a PC? did some searching and $500 at the least. a good one is $750 and above. Sorry buddy your wrong on the fact that you can build a better PC than a PS3
    Last edited by AZ_Wii_Tard; 06-13-2007 at 04:28 PM.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Well obviously...you can expect any third generation system costing below $300.00 to make much more sales than a $500.00+ one...simply because of the price. If the PS3 matched the Wii in price (standard $250.00), the statistics would be far different....and who knows what system would outsell the other. Personally, I think PS3 would have definately outsold the Wii. A lot of it though comes out of the ignorance of thinking that the Wii is a kiddie console for kids and just party-type games, wheras it is a new generation for Nintendo and it is inviting to many new and different types of games for all ages and gameplay.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends

It's a sad day

To see Sony putting it's own proprietary formats first before consumers and play value. PSP is suffering the same fate, without making UMD a open standard and releasing UMD-RW, PSP is doomed. Now PS3 is locked into Sony's own BluRay Disc, and it's doomed as well.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    How is the PSP suffering? It is by far a better product than the DS. How can you argue that point. Lets hear it honestly state your case. Yes i know this is a Wii forum but we all know the Wii is selling like hot cakes and the games are not what they should be. Give the Wii and the PS3 a good year and see who comes out ahead. Honesty it will be the PS3 in the long run. DS is geared to the younger person and the PSP is for everyone. There is no comparison what so ever. I own a Wii and a PSP. I have played PS3, DS and everything else. PSP owns DS and in time the PS3 will Own the Wii. It all depends what you want out of a system. Right now I love my Wii and would not trade it for anything.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    3892-2269-1758-4620
    what's the price of a Blue Ray for a PC? did some searching and $500 at the least. a good one is $750 and above. Sorry buddy your wrong on the fact that you can build a better PC than a PS3
    So your saying if we don't include a bluray drive/burner then the pc that could very well have parts such as an 8800 gtx, intel core 2 duo processor and while were at it throw in 4 gig of high performance ram wouldn't be better then a PS3? Don't get me wrong that card is almost as much as the PS3 itself but you can still build a decent computer with older technology that will still run games decently.

On another note my computer is capable of DX10 and i'm no computer wiz or anything but i don't believe consoles are capable of producing dx10 graphics quality - have you seen screen shots of Crysis?

Currently Own: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Legend of Zelda: TP, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 8
    Waiting on:Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB,

Feel free to add me on your wii! Details can be found below my avatar and remmember to msg me your details if you add me!

Member #
    Friends
    AZ_Wii_Tard, I think its time to buy some sunglasses. The sun will be too much for your eyes when you step back into the REAL WORLD. You have obviously been oblivious to every press release to come out of any video game related company for the past 6 months.

/*Wiily Good jumps into a time machine, goes forward a few hours, fends off a trivial, meaningless fanboy insult, jumps back in time machine and continues living life as normal.*/

Ads