LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

[help] Compare with PS3 and Wii, which should I buy?

Hi I'm Amy from China. I am now considering buy either Nintendo Wii or Sony PS3 --I can only buy one, But I have no idea about which one I should buy.

I love playing video games and have played for a long time starting from my childhood. From Nintendo famicom, to gameboy, Sega, PS, PC games such as starcraft and counter strike.

I heard my friends telling me that both of 2 machines are the latest , but can somebody tell me which one I should buy? And why?

2. Ads

WiiChat.com>Match.com TacosTacos's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Well. It depends on what you like in your games. I love nintendo games. I am not too worried about graphics.

I think you should get a Wii. Then you will have extra money to spend on games. And plus. Your friends who don't usually play games will come over and play Wii with you.

But, if you are going to be mostly playing by yourself you might like PS3. I see you like couterstrike.....well......maybe PS3 is the best choice for you.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Every time someone asks this I tell them not to ask on a Wii forum as you will get very biased answers. I would get a PS3, but most people here will disagree with me.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The Wii is really good. It's a new way to play games and it very popular

PS3 has great online games and great GFX

Take your pick lol [I only have a Wii so I'll say that]

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    3714-7039-4037-0069
    I'd have to say Wii for the innovative game design and you would have much more money for games and accessories

My Wii Code(PM Me Before Adding)

3714-7039-4037-0069

Currently Playing: Smash Bros. Brawl!!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7223-3534-5566-9128
    really depends. the Wii is more of just a game console. one good thing you can do with the Wii is play nes, snes, and n64 games on it. the graphics is not on par with the ps3. the games for Wii are more 1st party supported. mario, zelda, and metroid games will be on Wii.

with the ps3 you have the new blue-ray drive which you can play HD DVDs on it. it will have a hugh collection of games coming this winter. one thing the Wii won't do (right now) is play DVDs. they might come out with a version of Wii that does. with the PS3 you can play all the previous generation consoles games on it - PSone and PS2, which is a huge selection. the graphics are top notch. games like metal gear solid, final fantasy, and gran turismo will be coming to PS3.

i'm not going to tell you which one is better, because that would be an opinion. it's really up to you.

personally, i'm getting both. i have the Wii already. just saving up money for the PS3.

Member #
    Friends
    7223-3534-5566-9128
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    Every time someone asks this I tell them not to ask on a Wii forum as you will get very biased answers. I would get a PS3, but most people here will disagree with me.
    i would agree. personally, i expect a new console with new never before seen graphics. Wii can probably only provide great graphics that we can already predict.

the only thing Wii has it going for it right now is the controller. and i might add, it's a killer controller that blows the xbox 360 and PS3 out of the water in that department.

but like i said, i'm getting both system. so all good. i get the graphical games i want plus the fun wii games

Member #
    Friends
    hey if you don't want to spend alot and love the ps3 GFX just get the Xbox 360, most of the exclusive ps3 titles are now going to the 360. Like Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry 4. Also MGS is rumored too.

Core - $299
    Premium - $399
    Elite - $479

And i had a Wii, was fun for a while but i didn't like the gfx and it just got boring. So i got the 360, ps3 is good but its not making progress.

If it is between a ps3 and wii - Get the Wii, ps3 isn't going to live especially with the price point and the loses of it's exclusive games.

But 360 is for me

NINTENDO DS lite :
    New Supermario Bros.
    Pokemon Diamond Version FC: 0215-7277-2942
    POKEMON BATTLE RECORD: 2-2

WiiChat.com>Match.com TacosTacos's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    And, since you asked us for advice, it would be cool if you told us what you end up choosing, and why.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny21
    hey if you don't want to spend alot and love the ps3 GFX just get the Xbox 360, most of the exclusive ps3 titles are now going to the 360. Like Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry 4. Also MGS is rumored too.

Core - $299
    Premium - $399
    Elite - $479

And i had a Wii, was fun for a while but i didn't like the gfx and it just got boring. So i got the 360, ps3 is good but its not making progress.

If it is between a ps3 and wii - Get the Wii, ps3 isn't going to live especially with the price point and the loses of it's exclusive games.

But 360 is for me
    That was like, 5 lies.

I have all three but if you arent into games consoles much, i would go Wii. If you like to play consoles a lot, PS3

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads