LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I agree Shift. I am 17 (less than a month until I am 18) and I still love playing my snes. Sadly it goes to my sister when she moves into her apartment this August. I first got my snes when I was probably around 4 or 5 for christmas and I probably play it as much now as I did back when I was a kid.

I live off of my snes and 64. Me and some of my friends have zelda fests (staying up all night seeing who can beat ocarina of time the fastest). Or we play Super Smash Bro's all the time because most of us think the 64 version is way better than the gc version. The only time I don't use any type of nintendo system is when I play guitar hero and thats the only game I play for the ps2.

So my main point is as sad as it is, the wii is straying away from their old roots. But we can't just blame Nintendo because with todays market all it is is I have to make money to stay in competition so for that Nintendo has to appeal to the newer generation of kids where it's OMG GRAPHICS. Where as me and my friends who own a wii sit around and have to wait until later this fall/Christmas to even see a game that is might actually live up to the wii's hype.

Member #
    Friends
    I have to say too that there was just something about the SNES era. I didn't even have many games for that system but what I did have was great. I'm playing through Super Mario World right now and it's just amazing how the game looks and sounds. It was nintendo's first system that was in stereo and they took advantage of it with simple sound effects.

Also, the graphics on the system were so different than you see today. Super Mario World for example is very colorful, the animation is great and there is a lot of small details in the environment. Many people would probably argue that Mario Sunshine on the gamecube has better graphics than SMW but I wouldn't agree. I prefer the graphics on SMW over Sunshine because of the color and how clear and simple they are. Some of the effects in Sunshine are great, such as the water but overall it feels less inspired than the graphics of SMW.

Member #
    Friends
    Shiftfallout, your argument could be used for any console ,they all play it safe and release newer versions of old games every year.

Games top sellers Xbox 360 at game -

Forza Motorsport 2 (X360)

Colin McRae: DIRT (X360)

Virtua Tennis 3 (X360)

FIFA 07 (X360)

UEFA Champions League 2007 (X360)

Fight Night Round 3 (X360)

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (X360)

Spider-Man 3 (X360)

Guitar Hero II with Gibson X-Plorer Controller (X360)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (X360)

WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 (X360)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Classic (X360)

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (X360)

Ads