LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I have to agree with everything Rolex said and Shiftfallout that screenshot is not taken from an actual match (which looks similar to the PS2 game only facing downfield to implement Wiis controls) and Miis look as childish as you want to make them in my opinion.

Member #
    Friends
    It also depends how you define a casual gamer. Is it someone who doesn't keep in touch with the community or is it someone who does but games lightly. I feel it is the latter, which describes me. I got a wii for a few upcoming games and the future, as well as the controller. For every other type of game, I invested in building a computer rig. Thing is, I'd rather have a wii + computer than a 360 or PS3. I don't game much, work and other hobbies take up time too, but I do game from time to time. I don't want 2 computers sitting in my room (well I do have 2 but you understand what I mean), I'd rather have one and something that Nintendo offers. Sure, it isn't as powerful, but I'd rather throw my money into upgrades than in a PS3. I can do more with it (with much less effort).

Am I Losing Friends? +Maniacal=Maniac+'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    lets look at how the Wii makes a Fifa game.

I mean seriously, I couldnt play a soccer game that had kiddy style graphics implimented into it. This is Fifa 08 we are talking about. People wonder why ninty has a kiddy image, because its marketed towards kids the most. (btw, myamoto invented a way to have more realistic looking and better looking faces, like miis but actually a million times better looking. it was an addon for the n64, however, nintendo doesnt take myamoto seriously anymore and scrapped his ideas. Years later with the wii they reinvented his idea, though giving credit to someone else and made the miis look like kiddie drawn characters. You see the problem is, nintendo had a better system made available by myamoto himself, but gave him the finger and then released a childish mii system instead.)

Lets now compare the Wii Fifa 08 to the PS3 Fifa 08.

I really dont need to say more concerning this, because anyone with eyes can tell. The wii runs off a 700mhz system. The Gamecube was 500hmz. The psp runs a 333mhz cpu. The ds lite runs off a 67 mhz cpu. The 360 is 2.4 gigahertz (1000mhz is equal to 1 gigahertz ) and the PS3 is even more powerful than that. As you can see, theres a huge gap between the potential and capabilities of each system. Even the small handheld psp is half as powerful as the wii. For a hand held system, that says a lot about the wii.

What ninty needed to do was have better hardware in order to have cleaner mature looking games. As seen so far, games like the Godfather, which are more realistic in style look like old ps2 games. This is why we will see more cartoony looking games on the wii because with that style, its less apparent on how bad the graphics are.

The casual gamers will flock to the wii because they want that quick fix, but that quick fix is.. quick. It runs out, fast and many might end up getting tired of their wii when other consoles are still going strong. Its a double edged sword nintendo has given us. They know it too, as the wii is merely the mean in which they can make a quick buck to make up for the quasifailure that was the game cube. I think they will relize the wii is a one shot deal, they cant repeat the same tactic and have happy gamers.
    Dude, Those Are Minigames IN Fifa 08... Not The Actual Soccer Field, Game, And Players.

Meh

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegma
    It also depends how you define a casual gamer. Is it someone who doesn't keep in touch with the community or is it someone who does but games lightly. I feel it is the latter, which describes me. I got a wii for a few upcoming games and the future, as well as the controller. For every other type of game, I invested in building a computer rig. Thing is, I'd rather have a wii + computer than a 360 or PS3. I don't game much, work and other hobbies take up time too, but I do game from time to time. I don't want 2 computers sitting in my room (well I do have 2 but you understand what I mean), I'd rather have one and something that Nintendo offers. Sure, it isn't as powerful, but I'd rather throw my money into upgrades than in a PS3. I can do more with it (with much less effort).
    By your description I am a casual gamer. I'm talking about people who would know little about games and who would be buying titles like Cooking Mama and Brain Academy. Id doubt they would have heard of this site or consider posting. I certainely wouldnt consider myself a casual gamer.

WiiChat.com>Match.com TacosTacos's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I think there may be a different way to argue this.....

The gamer probably researches which games they want, and only buys games that get great reviews, or that are part of a series that they really like. They look for particular things in a game like graphics, level of difficulty, and things like that. They typically play a game until they beat it, then go buy another.

The non-gamer may do some research online, but may just go to the store and buy whatever looks good at the time. Probably a lot of impulse buys. They aren't too worried about graphics. Just weather or not the game is fun. If the game is fun, they play it every once in a while. If it is not fun, they probably only play it a few times, or trade in the game.

The thing is...even the gamer can't deny that there are some "non-gamer games" that are flat out fun. Even though they don't have the graphics and specs that they want, they are still fun. However, few non-gamers will be convinced to try an intricate "gamer type game". They like their games simple. The gamers games are only for gamers. So, more people end up buying the "non-gamer type games". Nintendo will do what they can with the gamer games, and try to make those people happy, but they will forever complain that their Wii doesn't live up to the PS3 or X360; Even though they knew everything about the Wii when they bought it. They knew everything from the megahertz of ram to the storage capacity, to the type of info chip or whatever, and knew that it could never be as "good" as the other systems. So, as I see it, Nintendo is making games for the people that buy Wii's, not making games for people who bought a Wii, and thought it would magically transform into a PS3.
    Last edited by TacosTacos; 06-18-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by TacosTacosTacosTacosTacos
    ISo, as I see it, Nintendo is making games for the people that buy Wii's, not making games for people who bought people who bought a Wii, and thought it would magically transform into a PS3.
    Im confused "people who bought people who bought a Wii" but what you said made sense even if I dont really agree that gamers buy less games than non-gamers.

WiiChat.com>Match.com TacosTacos's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeanman
    Im confused "people who bought people who bought a Wii" but what you said made sense even if I dont really agree that gamers buy less games than non-gamers.

ooops....I edited that. I accidentally typed that twice.

Member #
    Friends
    Cool good post.

Member #
    Friends
    Casual Gamers, Wiis biggest enemy?

In my view no,the Wii is a great price and the advertising was spot on, i am a casual console gamer (i use my PC for gaming) and i was going to get a PS3 , having read the reviews and watched the vids i dumped the PS3 and got the Wii.
    Even if the casual gamers only buy the Wii then the occasional title at say birthdays and Christmas its better than no sales at.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by +Maniacal=Maniac+
    Dude, Those Are Minigames IN Fifa 08... Not The Actual Soccer Field, Game, And Players.
    I am and have been aware of that, however, the fact that the game does include that interface and style says a lot. The field game looks worse. Its like orderings a dinner place at a restaurant. They serve you a meal on a place, but also on that plate is a little turd. Obviously you point out the little turd on the plate rather than the rest of the meal. IF the waitress says, "well just ignore it, you have better things on that plate", normally you would say, now I'm not hungry.

Thats the case with Fifa on the wii.

Ads