LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 87
  1. #21
    PS-What? jledesma's Avatar
    Member #
    7566
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    161
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6520-0310-8610-0194
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    I am and have been aware of that, however, the fact that the game does include that interface and style says a lot. The field game looks worse. Its like orderings a dinner place at a restaurant. They serve you a meal on a place, but also on that plate is a little turd. Obviously you point out the little turd on the plate rather than the rest of the meal. IF the waitress says, "well just ignore it, you have better things on that plate", normally you would say, now I'm not hungry.

    Thats the case with Fifa on the wii.
    I see your analogy, but lets think about it a little different. You are in the restaurant, and have ordered your meal. With your meat you will also get some rice and potatoes. Some will not eat them, but some others will be ordering that same meal because it has some added rice and potatoes.
    En México ya nos DESPEJAMOS!! <-- Local Joke

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    WiiChat Member cimbom's Avatar
    Member #
    18385
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    130
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0299-0458-3575-5055
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    lets look at how the Wii makes a Fifa game.



    I mean seriously, I couldnt play a soccer game that had kiddy style graphics implimented into it. This is Fifa 08 we are talking about. People wonder why ninty has a kiddy image, because its marketed towards kids the most. (btw, myamoto invented a way to have more realistic looking and better looking faces, like miis but actually a million times better looking. it was an addon for the n64, however, nintendo doesnt take myamoto seriously anymore and scrapped his ideas. Years later with the wii they reinvented his idea, though giving credit to someone else and made the miis look like kiddie drawn characters. You see the problem is, nintendo had a better system made available by myamoto himself, but gave him the finger and then released a childish mii system instead.)

    Lets now compare the Wii Fifa 08 to the PS3 Fifa 08.

    I really dont need to say more concerning this, because anyone with eyes can tell. The wii runs off a 700mhz system. The Gamecube was 500hmz. The psp runs a 333mhz cpu. The ds lite runs off a 67 mhz cpu. The 360 is 2.4 gigahertz (1000mhz is equal to 1 gigahertz ) and the PS3 is even more powerful than that. As you can see, theres a huge gap between the potential and capabilities of each system. Even the small handheld psp is half as powerful as the wii. For a hand held system, that says a lot about the wii.

    What ninty needed to do was have better hardware in order to have cleaner mature looking games. As seen so far, games like the Godfather, which are more realistic in style look like old ps2 games. This is why we will see more cartoony looking games on the wii because with that style, its less apparent on how bad the graphics are.

    The casual gamers will flock to the wii because they want that quick fix, but that quick fix is.. quick. It runs out, fast and many might end up getting tired of their wii when other consoles are still going strong. Its a double edged sword nintendo has given us. They know it too, as the wii is merely the mean in which they can make a quick buck to make up for the quasifailure that was the game cube. I think they will relize the wii is a one shot deal, they cant repeat the same tactic and have happy gamers.
    I can't believe you're using this an example. The screen shot of Fifa 08 for the Wii is of a mini game that is included with the actual game in a way to use Mii's. Its not like in the actual game, instead of the normal players heads they use Mii's. Your example is a poor one. Sorry

    As for the whole casual gamer arguement.. Nintendo has been about catering to the casual gamer ever since day one. While Nintendo has games for hardcore gamers they usually had more family friendly games compared to Sega or Turbo Grafx.

    The whole casual gamer/hardcore gamer thing is new to me. Im old-school. If the game is good you play it.

  4. #23
    WiiChat Member madbeanman's Avatar
    Member #
    23375
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    241
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by jledesma
    I see your analogy, but lets think about it a little different. You are in the restaurant, and have ordered your meal. With your meat you will also get some rice and potatoes. Some will not eat them, but some others will be ordering that same meal because it has some added rice and potatoes.
    He torched your Shiftfallout

  5. #24
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeanman
    He torched your Shiftfallout
    not at all kiddo. The analogy still stands, its a package deal. You get served the plate. See what jledesma forgets is this, if you dont want something, you cant tell the restaurant to leave it out or give you a double helping of what you do want. The big difference here is what you order is what you get. And some of you seem to forget the images are in response to the statement made that nintendo is taking of the risk of becoming too kiddy. The public preception is leaning in that direction, when you have the sport genre including kiddy content in them. I wouldnt be able to take a steak dinner seriously if it was served in the shape of a happy face with lettuce hair, bright blue bbq sauce and a glass of milk in a cartoon decorated flimsy plastic cup.

    Im sorry if the logic doesnt register with you, but if you consider the genre, consider the market, consider the differences between products found on the wii and on the PS360. Theres a large gap between what some might consider tasteful and what some would consider a joke.

    for you kiddo.

  6. #25
    PS-What? jledesma's Avatar
    Member #
    7566
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    161
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6520-0310-8610-0194
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    not at all kiddo. The analogy still stands, its a package deal. You get served the plate. See what jledesma forgets is this, if you dont want something, you cant tell the restaurant to leave it out or give you a double helping of what you do want. The big difference here is what you order is what you get. And some of you seem to forget the images are in response to the statement made that nintendo is taking of the risk of becoming too kiddy. The public preception is leaning in that direction, when you have the sport genre including kiddy content in them. I wouldnt be able to take a steak dinner seriously if it was served in the shape of a happy face with lettuce hair, bright blue bbq sauce and a glass of milk in a cartoon decorated flimsy plastic cup.
    I guess you meant that you CAN tell the restaurant to take it out.

    I see your point about the image.

    Personally I don't feel threatened by the "kiddy" image. Most hardcore gamers will know a good game from a stupid kiddy game no matter on what system it's being released.

    Perhaps most "casual" gamers will not care for the "kiddy" content of the game as they will be probably playing with their kids.
    En México ya nos DESPEJAMOS!! <-- Local Joke

  7. #26
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by jledesma
    I guess you meant that you CAN tell the restaurant to take it out.
    no i meant what I said. In this case you Cant ask them to take something out or give you a double helping of what you do want. Because whats put on the plate stays on the plate and the plate is the dvd. What goes on the dvd stays on the dvd. Its a package deal that you have no say in.

  8. #27
    WiiChat.com>Match.com TacosTacos's Avatar
    Member #
    26534
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    244
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    not at all kiddo. The analogy still stands, its a package deal. You get served the plate. See what jledesma forgets is this, if you dont want something, you cant tell the restaurant to leave it out or give you a double helping of what you do want. The big difference here is what you order is what you get. And some of you seem to forget the images are in response to the statement made that nintendo is taking of the risk of becoming too kiddy. The public preception is leaning in that direction, when you have the sport genre including kiddy content in them. I wouldnt be able to take a steak dinner seriously if it was served in the shape of a happy face with lettuce hair, bright blue bbq sauce and a glass of milk in a cartoon decorated flimsy plastic cup.

    Im sorry if the logic doesnt register with you, but if you consider the genre, consider the market, consider the differences between products found on the wii and on the PS360. Theres a large gap between what some might consider tasteful and what some would consider a joke.

    for you kiddo.
    Sorry buddy, but the analogy doesn't exactly stand.

    1) What you need to realize is that you CHOSE to eat at that restaurant. You knew when you bought a Wii that it was made by Nintendo, and you knew what type of games they made. And judging by the fact that you are using screenshots of a game that is not even out yet, you probably had seen some screen shots of other games...at least Wii Sports, which looks pretty darn kiddy.

    2) At a restaurant, you CAN tell them that you want to leave something out of the order, or that you want double of something. As a matter of fact, they have this thing called a menu, which has all different types of items on it. If you absolutely hate rice, you can order an item which doesn't have rice. Just like, if you hate games that have any kiddy aspect to them, you can choose not to buy them.

    I think the problem here is that you have found yourself in the finest steakhouse in town, and you are trying to order french cuisine. Sorry bud, we don't serve that here. You might want to take your business somewhere else.

  9. #28
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by TacosTacosTacosTacosTacos
    Sorry buddy, but the analogy doesn't exactly stand.

    1) What you need to realize is that you CHOSE to eat at that restaurant. You knew when you bought a Wii that it was made by Nintendo, and you knew what type of games they made. And judging by the fact that you are using screenshots of a game that is not even out yet, you probably had seen some screen shots of other games...at least Wii Sports, which looks pretty darn kiddy.

    2) At a restaurant, you CAN tell them that you want to leave something out of the order, or that you want double of something. As a matter of fact, they have this thing called a menu, which has all different types of items on it. If you absolutely hate rice, you can order an item which doesn't have rice. Just like, if you hate games that have any kiddy aspect to them, you can choose not to buy them.

    I think the problem here is that you have found yourself in the finest steakhouse in town, and you are trying to order french cuisine. Sorry bud, we don't serve that here. You might want to take your business somewhere else.
    haha I have never seen someone run so off course as you have just now.
    Again you have to keep in mind that as someone else has said in here, the wii is risking becoming viewed as as TOO kiddie. In this case, what content appeals to kids most will show up more often while at the same time it will alienate those might not want that in a sports game. Nintendo is trying to go E for Everything. E is everyone. The problem with going for EVERYONE for EVERYTITLE is that you will attract one group of people while ejecting another. Like the saying say, if you go for two rabbits at once, you lose them both, but if you for for one at a time you will succeed.

    You bought the wii. Hey even I bought the Wii. But then with an E system, games should appeal to certain groups. By ordering that "dinner" you get whats on the plate, even if it alienates the viewer. True you do not have to order the dinner to begin with, but then if you did that, the restaurant wouldnt make money and you would be hungry. In that case you might go to another food joint. In other words, customers will migrate from the Wii to another console. Did it register yet?

    by the way, how many times have you been banned? I think people are getting tired of tacos already.

  10. #29
    Snake arcticreaver's Avatar
    Member #
    27243
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    224
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7223-3534-5566-9128
    isn't casual gamers the targeted audience for the wii?

  11. #30
    Moody Loner Rolex's Avatar
    Member #
    10071
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    303
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    What a fantastic read this thread is..anyone else hungry!!

    I've been reading and I do agree with all that has been said regarding Nintendo image and also freedom of choice (apparently if you don't like lettuce hair on your steaks!) and whilst Nintendo can be perceived as staying kiddie then that's strictly only true for the mass market appeal games - imo anyway.

    Take Godfather, Scarface, Mortal Kombat, Manhunt etc etc and the list goes on (not for long but it does go on) these are what I would consider non-mass appeal games -i.e. NOT the WiiSports crowd. So we do have a limited choice there.

    As for Fifa - you know that the software house is gonna shoot for the widest audience possible - it's a title which has soooo much brand awareness that they are seeing an opportunity to expand even further with Wii. Now I don't know if the shots posted are real, mini-game, mock-up whatever but as with any system; as has already been commented by SFo and Tacos - if your choice isn't there goto another place that has what your looking for.

    The problem I am seeing on these forums lately is that Wii is getting criticised for poor graphics, kiddie games, bad controls, not enough titles and this list does go on. As far as I can see at the moment it's doing what Nintendo have advertised - in the beginning they didn't tout Halo, Gears of War et al to come to it, they didn't scream look at the graphics and we have come to a point where there is some variety from Kiddie games and the graphics are getting better ableit slowly.

    No system will deliver everything to everyone....let's eat!! [but I DO want lettuce hair on mr steaky!]
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts