Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanRussel
    Hmmm, i thought nintendo killed sega, once again, "you learn new things everyday"
    Thats not really true. Sega killed themselves sans advertising.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    I thought that too, but another thing i thought was, was that they had released the Dreamcast too early with a few games coming out the window i believe, therefore when the PS2 came out, it particularly blew it out of the water!
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanRussel
    I thought that too, but another thing i thought was, was that they had released the Dreamcast too early with a few games coming out the window i believe, therefore when the PS2 came out, it particularly blew it out of the water!
    Dreamcast was awesome!! I'm telling you its lack of advertising. There were cool games on it.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    And the dreamcast is great for homebrew
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    The dreamcast failed due to the loss of third party support. It was a great system, but third party developers mostly all went with sony. (that was partially due to nintendos choice of teaming up with phillips after breaking contract with sony. japanese third party developers were pissed at nintendo and went to support sony. The dreamcast was ignored and utterly failed.)

Member #
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    SO..... it was both Nintendo and Sony's Fault!

THAT SUCKS
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    The PS1 sold over 100 million units, and PS2 sold over 115 million units. It annialated the Saturn, and Dreamcast right off the market. Nintendo, and Microsoft held on, but the Xbox and GC only occupied 40-50% of the last gen console wars market combined. Imagine Sony praising a console that beat them. It's sad to see Sega bending over and kissing the ass of the company that destroyed them.

I will also agree that Sega made enough dumb moves to eliminate themselves from the market too.

Member #
    Friends
    the reason sega failed in the console business is there marketing. they released systems to early. in every generation they failed because of marketing. genesis was good ill admit that but saturn was released to early and same with the dreamcast.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerkid
    the reason sega failed in the console business is there marketing. they released systems to early. in every generation they failed because of marketing. genesis was good ill admit that but saturn was released to early and same with the dreamcast.
    it has nothing to do with thier marketing. They couldnt secure third party developers. At the time Sega was still huge in Japan, everyone knew sonic. Their marketing was done for them, I remember seeing quite a few adds here in the US when the saturn came out and also with the dreamcast.

If you dont have games coming out for the console, the console ends up dying away. Thats all.

Member #
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Nice yet, gruesome sig

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads