+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan
    the only thing i worry about the wii is the graphics because i have a 360 and i might be dissapointed (but so far gameplay pics look good)
    just look at old games pics then look at the wiis graphics and u will think they are very good. lol

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    I don't think the graphics from some of the screen shots I have seen look bad at all!

"I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare."

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."
    - Al Bundy

WiiChat Member IamJacksSmirkingRevenge's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Red Steel is good but farcry and cod is horrible!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Yes they are. http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/s...gumballs;img;1
    That fact that graphics can be that bad and that the online of the Wii will suckass made me change my mind. Im getting a 360 if a price drop occur in november (cross fingers). So if youre going to get a Wii, it should be because of the gameplay and not graphics.
    Dont be fooled by all the Fanboys, the Wii graphics ARE bad. The gameplay IS what make this console . Thats all there is to know.
    Oh and for those who will come and see that I took the worst exemple, well youre right. But if theres still some graphics of this kind on a 7th gen console...
    Last edited by !panic; 10-04-2006 at 05:09 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    the Wii gfx are very good. i say it will be up to par with alot of PS3 and 360 games on SDTV (however since the 360 and PS3 support high def. those games will look much better on an HDTV) but we wont know untill we actualy play it. still, the gfx are good, just not as good as the 360 and PS3

Nope, 360 games look 2x better then xbox/ps2 games on a SDTV. Wii wont look that good, they will look 1.5x better then xbox/ps2 (although that doesnt mean they are going to look that good for all the games for the first year or 2, they will probably look the same as the xbox and ps2)

Wii Launch Fund - $425/$535 Canadian ($110 to go)

wiiachieve.com - Wii Forum!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by !panic
    That fact that graphics can be that bad and that the online of the Wii will suckass made me change my mind. Im getting a 360 if a price drop occur in november (cross fingers). So if youre going to get a Wii, it should be because of the gameplay and not graphics.
    Dont be fooled by all the Fanboys, the Wii graphics ARE bad. The gameplay IS what make this console . Thats all there is to know.
    Oh and for those who will come and see that I took the worst exemple, well youre right. But if theres still some graphics of this kind on a 7th gen console...
    Fanboys?

My point was made solely from a technical standpoint that holds completely factual.

Compare a Geforce 3 MX to a Geforce 4 MX and you'll see a striking difference... and that's only the worst case scenario for the Wii. The GameCube features a GPU equivalent to the Radeon 7xxx series and it's been five years since that GPU was released... so do the math.

At best, the Wii features a GPU equivalent to either the ATI 9xxx or 600X series... which means graphical details found in games such as Guild Wars might be possible(after you account for other processing restrictions, of course).
    Last edited by teqguy; 10-04-2006 at 06:48 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    You've probably heard this a few times around the internet... but its not about the graphics, its about the gameplay.

Seriously, what happend to picking out games that just had cool boxart? i miss those days. All this graphics bull shit is making me sick.

Member #
    Friends
    1979-1154-7425-1363
    Quote Originally Posted by !panic
    The Wii graphics aren't the best, but I really don't consider this bad.

Frankly, anything even close to that is good enough.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah I know that Zeldas graphics are OK and so are the ones from Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl, but they are only ''OK''. And you also have to consider that they are Nintendo games, not some third party games. My point is that YES you can pull some acceptable graphics from the Wii, but dont expect something nearly as good as the 360 or PS3. What you see now from Zelda and others Nintendo games is probably the best youll see on the Wii .
    Oh and when I said Fanboys, I didnt meant to specially target you teqgui.
    And Kiwi, ppl seems to talk like if only the Wii was good in matter of gameplay. The 360 and PS3 is/will pull/ing great gameplay too, its just that they ALSO have good graphics. I know that the Wiimote put the gameplay at a next level, but is it really THAT big of a thing? Once youll have played for a few weeks, it will feel just the same as a controller, and then youll realise how bad the graphics are, how bad the online is, and how ripped off you got. You guys are only overexcited from what seems so new, but once it will be common, youll feel pwnt.
    Thats my opinion, if youre going to answer, give some points, some arguments..Not only some Fanboys Flaming. Thanks (By this I dont mean previous posts were only Fanboy's, Im talking about answer to this post)
    Last edited by !panic; 10-04-2006 at 08:30 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm kinda torn on this issue myself. i made posts on a previous thread talking about how I wish the graphics were improved and instead sacrifice the other stuff that is useless like Miis, Opera, etc.

While I would like the graphics to be improved, I wouldn't call the graphics bad. I never had a problem with xbox graphics or Gamecube graphics. And according to the specs, the Wii is supposed to be twice as powerful as the gamecube, which would make it still significantly more powerful than xbox . (PS2 had the worst graphical capabilities of the previous generation, believe it or not. They just had awesome games!)

Unfortunately, doubling the graphics aren't as significant as it used to be. When you go from 8 bit to 16 bit to 32 bit to 64 bit, it makes a difference. But now... not so much.

According to the specs of PS3 and Xbox360, they are anywhere between 8-10 times more powerful than the Wii due to multi-core CPU's and custom video cards. That should put the Wii at a significant disadvantage. Though, at the same time, I wouldn't say the graphics are 8-10 times worse than the PS3. Graphical prowess might not be as important as it was back in the day.

I still would like to see a little more power, but I don't think the wii will be bad as long as game developers come out with the right software.

Ads