Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by !panic
    What you see now from Zelda and others Nintendo games is probably the best youll see on the Wii .
    not true. consoles are not upgraded for like 5 years at a time so the developers need to find the best way to get the best performance out of the systems GPU. this doesnt happen in the first year of the systems launch. if you look at all 3d systems that have been created, the games gfx get better and better during the consoles life. look at FF7 on PS1 and then look at FF9. BIG diffrence. look at halo1 compared to Halo2. BIG diffrence. Splinter Cell 1 on PS2, GC, and xbox compared to Splinter Cell 3 on the same systems. again, BIG diffrence. the gfx we are seeing now are not the best the Wii has to offer. the best wont come for another 2 or more years (and that goes for PS3 and 360)

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Actually, thats where I doubt. I guess they will get slightly better, and third parties will get as good as first parties games, but they wont get MUCH better than this.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    that what alot of people said about the GC and Xbox but the gfx on the later games are much better than the games at launch

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Panic, if you don't like the Wii, then why are you on these forums? Have fun pushing buttons on your 360 while I hit a tennis ball with my Wiimote.

Anyways, why do graphics matter so much? I love Super Mario Brothers, I can play that game for the longest time. Once you start playing it, you just can't let the controller go. Look at those graphics, they are 2D. Graphics are neat for the first couple of hours, but once you get over the wow factor of the looks, you realize that if the game isn't fun it doesn't matter if the graphics are the best in the world.

On another note, the graphics for the Wii look plenty good, just look at the newest Red Steel pictures.

I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy either, my first system was a PS1, then a PS2, but I was majorly turned on by Nintendo's new system, and majorly turned off from the high price of the competetors.
    Last edited by antimatter; 10-04-2006 at 09:46 PM.
    Wii Funds..... Nevermind Xbox 360 funds=$550

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by antimatter
    Panic, if you don't like the Wii, then why are you on these forums? Have fun pushing buttons on your 360 while I hit a tennis ball with my Wiimote.
    Alright friend, Ive been here before you show youre face, back then I couldnt wait to get my hand on a Wii. But sadly, the Wii didnt turn as I was expecting. Now, I come on those forums to look for news on the Wii since its probably the best place for em'. The fact that I won't buy a Wii dont mean im not interested in News about it. Anyway. If you cant stand someone who have a different opinion from yours, go live in a cave or something. Someone asked if the Wiis graphics were that bad, I gave that person my opinion and informations for him to take his own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by antimatter
    Graphics are neat for the first couple of hours, but once you get over the wow factor of the looks, you realize that if the game isn't fun it doesn't matter if the graphics are the best in the world.
    Its the same for the Wiimote. Wiimote will be neat for the first couple of hours, but once you get over the wow factor of the controller, you realise that if the game isnt fun, it doesnt matter if the controller is the best in the world.
    Pretty much what I said in my previous post but anyway.

Have fun hitting a tennis ball with your Wiimote while ill be pushing the buttons on my 360 controller.
    Last edited by !panic; 10-04-2006 at 10:10 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I think the only problem i think with games will be the tilesets!
    Wii Came, Wii Conquered.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by !panic
    Alright friend, Ive been here before you show youre face, back then I couldnt wait to get my hand on a Wii. But sadly, the Wii didnt turn as I was expecting. Now, I come on those forums to look for news on the Wii since its probably the best place for em'. The fact that I won't buy a Wii dont mean im not interested in News about it. Anyway. If you cant stand someone who have a different opinion from yours, go live in a cave or something. Someone asked if the Wiis graphics were that bad, I gave that person my opinion and informations for him to take his own decision.

Its the same for the Wiimote. Wiimote will be neat for the first couple of hours, but once you get over the wow factor of the controller, you realise that if the game isnt fun, it doesnt matter if the controller is the best in the world.
    Pretty much what I said in my previous post but anyway.

Have fun hitting a tennis ball with your Wiimote while ill be pushing the buttons on my 360 controller.

T_T wonderfully put. I dont like the thought of carpal tunnel and the wii mote seems to be a promissing carpal tunnel giver =p

the reason im here is because a friend sugested the site, he is getting a wii and im not. Also i think it's good to hear the opinions of other people. Dot surround yourself only with wii fans, you need to hear the other stuff as well.

------------------------------------------------
    Wii Funds $0.00 and not growing =p
    PS3 funds canceld for a year, funds will now go to my trip to France. besides i have a PSP WAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    X-Box 360 funds $0 and not growing

Member #
    Friends
    Panic, I hate to break it to you, but neither Microsoft, nor Sony have the resources to make a decent first party game... they rely solely on third party titles to make or break their systems.

Nintendo just realized that in order to stay in the game, they're going to need that third piece of the puzzle: extensive online connectivity.

In one year, Wii24Connect will be to Nintendo what XBox Live was to Microsoft, except for a couple things:

1) Wii24Connect is free, whereas, Microsoft charges a premium of $49 a month for exclusive access.

2) Wii24Connect does not exclude casual gamers and older generations. If grandma decides she wants to give Mario Kart a go every so often, she doesn't have to worry about tracking her usage.

Futhermore, take away FPSs, sports, and DDR games and what do Sony and Microsoft have? Over-glorified HDDVD and BluRay players.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by teqguy
    Panic, I hate to break it to you, but neither Microsoft, nor Sony have the resources to make a decent first party game... they rely solely on third party titles to make or break their systems.

Nintendo just realized that in order to stay in the game, they're going to need that third piece of the puzzle: extensive online connectivity.

In one year, Wii24Connect will be to Nintendo what XBox Live was to Microsoft, except for a couple things:

1) Wii24Connect is free, whereas, Microsoft charges a premium of $49 a month for exclusive access.

2) Wii24Connect does not exclude casual gamers and older generations. If grandma decides she wants to give Mario Kart a go every so often, she doesn't have to worry about tracking her usage.

Futhermore, take away FPSs, sports, and DDR games and what do Sony and Microsoft have? Over-glorified HDDVD and BluRay players.
    Not to be picky, but your argument has some flaws in it:

1) Xbox Live is an AMAZING tool and Microsoft has organized it perfectly. Additionally, when the Xbox 360 gains the ability to connect with online PC players (in a little over a year), Xbox Live will EXPLODE!! WiiConnect24 does not have the background to compete with Live in such a short period of time. One also needs to remember that Nintendo STILL has an issue with coming out with mature FPS games, adult 3rd person Adventure games, and GOOD sport games (not Strikers!) that people would want to play online. Madden Football was a good start but guess what?? NO ONLINE!!

2) Stating that if you took away all of the good games from Xbox 360 that it would be left with nothing is a silly argument. You could say that for any system. If you took away the Wiimote from the Wii, you're left with nothing but a tiny Xbox. That's not a fair assessment. Or you could say: take away Link and Mario from the Wii, and you're left with a system that has the same games as the other two companies... only not a good looking.

Member #
    Friends
    I dont wana drag this on but the previews on call of duty 3 on the wii are saying the games graphical detail is mid range xbox, so its gona look like a xbox game from 2004 to 2005, HALO 2 and Fable were from christmas 2004.

I think people are judging the wii way too early and to make it worse they compare it to xbox 360 which is a year in to its life.

The xbox 360 a good console with good games coming out in the near future
    but the wii will be just like the gamecube in a league of in own,its not next gen nor current gen its wii gen.

Nintendo has a generation to its self and its going to a good one with wiiconnect24 and virtual console and new third party companys coming in to help.

All i can say i will have a wii by christmas
    and i cant wait.

Ads