LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangles
    Its not really to bad but its not anywhere as near as violent as the 360 and Yes I think its funner when you can shoot off there arm are head and see blood fly anywhere I dont know it just seems to make the kill funner and the wii only has one game that you can do this? correct me if im wrong and its re4 which is just a port game that dosent have online does scarface are godfather have blood and gore?
    heh.. thats sad.. you need to see blood in order to have fun in a ****ing game... you need to seek professional help.

ive played games for about 17 years or so WITHOUT gore.. im not going to say ive never played a game with blood and gore and didnt have fun but im saying there is more to a damn game than killing somebody.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I think when you compare Miyamoto's idea of user avatars and compare it to the Wii's Mii's, which are supposed to be dolls found popular in japan, I would say that move helped the kiddie image A LOT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    I think when you compare Miyamoto's idea of user avatars and compare it to the Wii's Mii's, which are supposed to be dolls found popular in japan, I would say that move helped the kiddie image A LOT.
    yeah that did not help the public image of it being kiddie. but thats it just public image... you think the wii is not kiddie then its not kiddie if you do then it is. its all about the way you define kiddie.. i mean yeah most games are geard toward the children but then theres games that are not geard for the kids. and we all know which way nintendo will go... (kid tested, mother approved) which is ok.

Member #
    Friends
    What if I was to say the majority of people between ages 18 and 30 think the Wii is kiddie. Do you disagree?

Member #
    Friends
    interesting point, if kids argue that its not kiddy, doesnt that kind of counter prove it? where as if non-kids, like you said ages 18-30 feel its kiddie, then who to believe? the kids that argue its not kiddie or the grown ups that argue that it kind of is.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    What if I was to say the majority of people between ages 18 and 30 think the Wii is kiddie. Do you disagree?
    yeah id disagree... the majority of adults think its kiddie then its kiddie to them it wont change how i feel about. but i will agree that most of the content we are seeing can be called "kiddie" but i wouldnt let a few games ruin the whole console for me.

id still have fun the best way i could with it. i wont buy happy feet and have a blast, but id rent it for the kid and play it.

im not trying to defend the wii like some nut job fanboy, but i dont have a prob playing a system people say is kiddie.

Member #
    Friends
    JeremyGTS: The problem is that you think Kiddie is some type of insult. Kiddie is neither negative or positive. I know plenty of people in their late twenties with no children who own one and think its kiddie.

Member #
    Friends
    JeremyGTS: The problem is that you think Kiddie is some type of insult. Kiddie is neither negative or positive. I know plenty of people in their late twenties with no children who own one and think its kiddie.
    well in a way i do think its an insult but then in a way i dont care..
    i dunno i have small kids that watch all the crazy little kid stuff so i guess im kinda used to kiddie things..

Member #
    Friends
    1571-8317-7855-7908
    I think it is safe enough to say that the Nintendo Wii is multi-aged audience oriented. If it wasn't then we would just have games like Surf's Up and March of the Penguins. If it were just mature audience oriented it would just be having games such s godfather.

Member #
    Friends
    Game ratings are a TERRIBLE indicator of wether the Wii is "kiddie" or not. Most adult games are rated E while games for the younger teenage males are rated M!!
    That simply made NO sense.

Teenage males feel that by playing mature games, they themselves are mature.

Adults just dont care. Video games are entertaining, and the rating doesnt mean a better game.

Ads