LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Yes. When a product is designed the company has a target audience in mind. Nintendo has suffered from this problem since the gamecube. Too much focus on the younger kids.

Yeah you can always adapt the device to another set of demographics but its never the same.

What would you think if Sony released a light pink PS2 and included the My little pony game. Would you call it a girl gaming system or would you know that it was meant for males 18-25 originally?

Honestly I don't care if its meant for kids. Shit only a couple years ago I was still playing pokemon on my GBA!
    I would think it was a sytem trying to make everyone a gamer, not just twitchy teen males. If Sony made ONE "My little pony" game for the PS2, that doesn't make it girly.

Proud Leader of the

Do Hugz Not Drugz

Legion

To join the Do Hugz Not Drugz (DHND) legion and the pursute to stop drug use, all you need to do is write Do Hugz Not Drugz in bold and center it in your sig, who knows, you might even save somones life...
    Vice presidant of Do Hugz Not Drugz: LevesqueIsKing

Then BAM! Your wife leaves you for a dog and a squirrel chewed off your nut sack and made it into a... well... nut sack

...Wait American abstinence or French abstinence?

Member #
    Friends
    Last edited by BapFap; 06-21-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Proud Leader of the

Do Hugz Not Drugz

Legion

To join the Do Hugz Not Drugz (DHND) legion and the pursute to stop drug use, all you need to do is write Do Hugz Not Drugz in bold and center it in your sig, who knows, you might even save somones life...

Then BAM! Your wife leaves you for a dog and a squirrel chewed off your nut sack and made it into a... well... nut sack

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    The Wii can look as kiddy, be portrayed as kiddy, and be kiddy all it wants. Just gimme my darn Brawl with a decent online mode, and a handful of other worth-while games, and I'll be set. Heck, the only game in my house with a rating above "T" is War Gods for the N64. I been gaming happily ever since.

Just gimme my fun games. That should be the real priority. Following extremely close behind that priority should be better looking graphics. And then following behind that by a hair, is making the wiimote + nunchuck combo feel more than some gimmick. Like Wii Sports. My friends love it. Well. They love baseball and boxing. They could care less 'bout the other three.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    The Wii can look as kiddy, be portrayed as kiddy, and be kiddy all it wants. Just gimme my darn Brawl with a decent online mode, and a handful of other worth-while games, and I'll be set. Heck, the only game in my house with a rating above "T" is War Gods for the N64. I been gaming happily ever since.

Just gimme my fun games. That should be the real priority. Following extremely close behind that priority should be better looking graphics. And then following behind that by a hair, is making the wiimote + nunchuck combo feel more than some gimmick. Like Wii Sports. My friends love it. Well. They love baseball and boxing. They could care less 'bout the other three.

Amen brother!

Proud Leader of the

Do Hugz Not Drugz

Legion

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BapFap
    Amen brother!
    If you feel the way he does then why start the thread you rable rouser.

Member #
    Friends
    ... because others don't

Proud Leader of the

Do Hugz Not Drugz

Legion

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    Its not just the wii that has a so called "Kiddie image" Nintendo has always had this image. I think you will find that in MOST cases its people that have never played any of the other decent titles out for the system and it is just there way of putting down the wii. If you think the wii has a kiddie image then get over it go by a 360 or ps3 instead of bagging the competition.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by cannon
    Its not just the wii that has a so called "Kiddie image" Nintendo has always had this image. I think you will find that in MOST cases its people that have never played any of the other decent titles out for the system and it is just there way of putting down the wii. If you think the wii has a kiddie image then get over it go by a 360 or ps3 instead of bagging the competition.
    The NES, SNES, GB and GBA were not "kiddie" so no not always. Show me which reply was bragging? Sounds to me like you take things about the Wii personally.

Member #
    Friends
    0897-2010-9922-2726
    People call the Wii 'kiddie' because currently, it IS kiddie. Look at the games that have been created for the system. Currently there is one MERITABLE game out with dark undertones, and that's Twilight Princess. The godfather is a pretty bad game as far as gaming goes, which is why I say 'meritable'.

I agree that this does not inherently make the system 'kiddie' because I'm a Looney Tunes kind of person myself. I enjoy cartoons, comic relief, and all-around 'zaniness'... but at some point, Nintendo's gotta step up and realize that it can't get away with child-proofing their house... so-to-speak. When you look at a franchise like Devil May Cry on the PS2, which has done well, it has a dark atmosphere and to alot of people is fun to play. On the same hand look at a game like God of War where nudity was in the game... There is a line that people have to draw and I agree that for console gaming, a scene like that went too far... but it still shows that Nintendo's holding on to some antiquated list of morals and is very hard-pressed to step outside of its boundaries.

I bought the Wii thinking "This is going to be the best hack'n slash system, the best shooter system, and who knows what else they'll come up with for this amazing piece of technology!"

Turns out I still only own 2 games, (1 if you don't count Wii Sports) and that's Twilight Princess. Until later this year when Metroid, and Brawl come out, Battle Revolution will be the only purchase I make for my Wii since I bought it. This really disappoints me, because I finally had high hopes for a nintendo system after the fall of the mighty SNES.

I know this is turning into a bit of a long rant, but I'm trying to define my point very clearly. The Wii is 'kiddie' to most people because it turned out to be a disappointment as far as games are concerned. Maybe this is attributed to third party companies not fully understanding the Wii's technology yet...but I highly doubt it at this point.

I guess I'd best end my post before I start repeating myself more than I'm sure I already have.

I do love the Wii, but replaying Twilight Princess is getting boring

"My life is a chip in your pile -- Ante up!" ~Setzer Gabbiani

D/P Name: Will // Code: 5240 8536 3936

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by cannon
    well
    look at nintendos key titles: mario, zelda, and pokemon, those are obviously not geared towards mature audiences, history shows, nintendo hardly has any successful exclusive mature titles
    the idea of mario hasnt changed, jump on enemies, do simple puzzles, what not, its simple for everyone, simple for a kid, there arent enough mature hardcore titles on nintendo consoles. when a mother looks at 2 consoles, and she sees a game on one where you chainsaw other people, and then a game on another where you jump on walking mushrooms, she'll know which one she wants to pick up for her kid.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads