LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

The Wii is NOT "kiddie"!

I have noticed that many people think the Wii is "Kiddie". Why?
    Yes, it's true, many of the games for the wii are rated E.
    SO WHAT? That doesn't make it not fun! E doesn't mean "only for kids, If your not a kid you'll hate this game." plus, there are plenty of M rated games on the Wii. You don't see 10 year olds playing "The GodFather." That game, is SO not kiddie. and the Wii doesn't only appeal to kids. obviously.

discuss.

Proud Leader of the

Do Hugz Not Drugz

Legion

To join the Do Hugz Not Drugz (DHND) legion and the pursute to stop drug use, all you need to do is write Do Hugz Not Drugz in bold and center it in your sig, who knows, you might even save somones life...
    Vice presidant of Do Hugz Not Drugz: LevesqueIsKing

Then BAM! Your wife leaves you for a dog and a squirrel chewed off your nut sack and made it into a... well... nut sack

...Wait American abstinence or French abstinence?

Member #
    Friends
    I own one and I think its "kiddie"

Member #
    Friends
    Why? Do you even have a reson why?

Proud Leader of the

Do Hugz Not Drugz

Legion

To join the Do Hugz Not Drugz (DHND) legion and the pursute to stop drug use, all you need to do is write Do Hugz Not Drugz in bold and center it in your sig, who knows, you might even save somones life...

Then BAM! Your wife leaves you for a dog and a squirrel chewed off your nut sack and made it into a... well... nut sack

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BapFap
    I have noticed that many people think the Wii is "Kiddie". Why?
    Yes, it's true, many of the games for the wii are rated E.
    SO WHAT? That doesn't make it not fun! E doesn't mean "only for kids, If your not a kid you'll hate this game." plus, there are plenty of M rated games on the Wii. You don't see 10 year olds playing "The GodFather." That game, is SO not kiddie. and the Wii doesn't only appeal to kids. obviously.

discuss.
    most of the games are geared at appealing to a younger audience. This mixed with nintendo's child focused marketing and you have a system that appears to be kiddy.

The wii isnt so bad since its actually trying to target outside the kid arena, but their past practices still put a kiddy light on them. ALso most of the games that come out for nintendo are usually, kiddy. Nintendo paints itself in a colorful rainbow, and it is still trying to shake free of their old target audiences, which were kids. You cant just snap your fingers and expect your public image to change, it takes time and actions. Unfortunately, the Wii doesnt have the graphical cabability to produce good looking non kiddy games, therefore the cartoon style will be more common due to the nature of its hardware.

Member #
    Friends
    ports and what not hardly count, if the wii would get some mature exclusive content on it, it would be better, but it has none, and none is planned (unless RE:UC is mature? i dont think it is..if it isnt i think it might be the first non-mature RE title, mocking nintendo even more since the grey blood)

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    most of the games are geared at appealing to a younger audience. This mixed with nintendo's child focused marketing and you have a system that appears to be kiddy.

The wii isnt so bad since its actually trying to target outside the kid arena, but their past practices still put a kiddy light on them. ALso most of the games that come out for nintendo are usually, kiddy. Nintendo paints itself in a colorful rainbow, and it is still trying to shake free of their old target audiences, which were kids. You cant just snap your fingers and expect your public image to change, it takes time and actions. Unfortunately, the Wii doesnt have the graphical cabability to produce good looking non kiddy games, therefore the cartoon style will be more common due to the nature of its hardware.
    there's alot of E rated games, but only few are geared towards kids! Pokemon is geared for a yonger adiounce, but mario (whos games are always rated E) isn't geard towards kids.

Proud Leader of the

Do Hugz Not Drugz

Legion

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    ports and what not hardly count, if the wii would get some mature exclusive content on it, it would be better, but it has none, and none is planned (unless RE:UC is mature? i dont think it is..if it isnt i think it might be the first non-mature RE title, mocking nintendo even more since the grey blood)
    there are M rated games for the Wii, that's obvious

Proud Leader of the

Do Hugz Not Drugz

Legion

Member #
    Friends
    Why? Do you even have a reson why?
    Yes. When a product is designed the company has a target audience in mind. Nintendo has suffered from this problem since the gamecube. Too much focus on the younger kids.

Yeah you can always adapt the device to another set of demographics but its never the same.

What would you think if Sony released a light pink PS2 and included the My little pony game. Would you call it a girl gaming system or would you know that it was meant for males 18-25 originally?

Honestly I don't care if its meant for kids. Shit only a couple years ago I was still playing pokemon on my GBA!

Member #
    Friends
    there are M rated games for the Wii, that's obvious
    there are? anything exclusive?
    cause hit mature exclusive titles are what stand out for a console on the mature market

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Game ratings are a TERRIBLE indicator of wether the Wii is "kiddie" or not. Most adult games are rated E while games for the younger teenage males are rated M!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads