LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 116
  1. #1
    Do Hugz Not Drugz BapFap's Avatar
    Member #
    14300
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris France
    Posts
    135
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    The Wii is NOT "kiddie"!

    I have noticed that many people think the Wii is "Kiddie". Why?
    Yes, it's true, many of the games for the wii are rated E.
    SO WHAT? That doesn't make it not fun! E doesn't mean "only for kids, If your not a kid you'll hate this game." plus, there are plenty of M rated games on the Wii. You don't see 10 year olds playing "The GodFather." That game, is SO not kiddie. and the Wii doesn't only appeal to kids. obviously.



    discuss.

    Proud Leader of the

    Do Hugz Not Drugz

    Legion



    To join the Do Hugz Not Drugz (DHND) legion and the pursute to stop drug use, all you need to do is write Do Hugz Not Drugz in bold and center it in your sig, who knows, you might even save somones life...
    Vice presidant of Do Hugz Not Drugz: LevesqueIsKing


    Then BAM! Your wife leaves you for a dog and a squirrel chewed off your nut sack and made it into a... well... nut sack


    ...Wait American abstinence or French abstinence?


  2. #2
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I own one and I think its "kiddie"

  3. #3
    Do Hugz Not Drugz BapFap's Avatar
    Member #
    14300
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris France
    Posts
    135
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Why? Do you even have a reson why?

    Proud Leader of the

    Do Hugz Not Drugz

    Legion



    To join the Do Hugz Not Drugz (DHND) legion and the pursute to stop drug use, all you need to do is write Do Hugz Not Drugz in bold and center it in your sig, who knows, you might even save somones life...
    Vice presidant of Do Hugz Not Drugz: LevesqueIsKing


    Then BAM! Your wife leaves you for a dog and a squirrel chewed off your nut sack and made it into a... well... nut sack


    ...Wait American abstinence or French abstinence?


  4. #4
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by BapFap
    I have noticed that many people think the Wii is "Kiddie". Why?
    Yes, it's true, many of the games for the wii are rated E.
    SO WHAT? That doesn't make it not fun! E doesn't mean "only for kids, If your not a kid you'll hate this game." plus, there are plenty of M rated games on the Wii. You don't see 10 year olds playing "The GodFather." That game, is SO not kiddie. and the Wii doesn't only appeal to kids. obviously.



    discuss.
    most of the games are geared at appealing to a younger audience. This mixed with nintendo's child focused marketing and you have a system that appears to be kiddy.

    The wii isnt so bad since its actually trying to target outside the kid arena, but their past practices still put a kiddy light on them. ALso most of the games that come out for nintendo are usually, kiddy. Nintendo paints itself in a colorful rainbow, and it is still trying to shake free of their old target audiences, which were kids. You cant just snap your fingers and expect your public image to change, it takes time and actions. Unfortunately, the Wii doesnt have the graphical cabability to produce good looking non kiddy games, therefore the cartoon style will be more common due to the nature of its hardware.

  5. #5
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    ports and what not hardly count, if the wii would get some mature exclusive content on it, it would be better, but it has none, and none is planned (unless RE:UC is mature? i dont think it is..if it isnt i think it might be the first non-mature RE title, mocking nintendo even more since the grey blood)

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  6. #6
    Do Hugz Not Drugz BapFap's Avatar
    Member #
    14300
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris France
    Posts
    135
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    most of the games are geared at appealing to a younger audience. This mixed with nintendo's child focused marketing and you have a system that appears to be kiddy.

    The wii isnt so bad since its actually trying to target outside the kid arena, but their past practices still put a kiddy light on them. ALso most of the games that come out for nintendo are usually, kiddy. Nintendo paints itself in a colorful rainbow, and it is still trying to shake free of their old target audiences, which were kids. You cant just snap your fingers and expect your public image to change, it takes time and actions. Unfortunately, the Wii doesnt have the graphical cabability to produce good looking non kiddy games, therefore the cartoon style will be more common due to the nature of its hardware.
    there's alot of E rated games, but only few are geared towards kids! Pokemon is geared for a yonger adiounce, but mario (whos games are always rated E) isn't geard towards kids.

    Proud Leader of the

    Do Hugz Not Drugz

    Legion



    To join the Do Hugz Not Drugz (DHND) legion and the pursute to stop drug use, all you need to do is write Do Hugz Not Drugz in bold and center it in your sig, who knows, you might even save somones life...
    Vice presidant of Do Hugz Not Drugz: LevesqueIsKing


    Then BAM! Your wife leaves you for a dog and a squirrel chewed off your nut sack and made it into a... well... nut sack


    ...Wait American abstinence or French abstinence?


  7. #7
    Do Hugz Not Drugz BapFap's Avatar
    Member #
    14300
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris France
    Posts
    135
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    ports and what not hardly count, if the wii would get some mature exclusive content on it, it would be better, but it has none, and none is planned (unless RE:UC is mature? i dont think it is..if it isnt i think it might be the first non-mature RE title, mocking nintendo even more since the grey blood)
    there are M rated games for the Wii, that's obvious

    Proud Leader of the

    Do Hugz Not Drugz

    Legion



    To join the Do Hugz Not Drugz (DHND) legion and the pursute to stop drug use, all you need to do is write Do Hugz Not Drugz in bold and center it in your sig, who knows, you might even save somones life...
    Vice presidant of Do Hugz Not Drugz: LevesqueIsKing


    Then BAM! Your wife leaves you for a dog and a squirrel chewed off your nut sack and made it into a... well... nut sack


    ...Wait American abstinence or French abstinence?


  8. #8
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by BapFap
    Why? Do you even have a reson why?
    Yes. When a product is designed the company has a target audience in mind. Nintendo has suffered from this problem since the gamecube. Too much focus on the younger kids.

    Yeah you can always adapt the device to another set of demographics but its never the same.

    What would you think if Sony released a light pink PS2 and included the My little pony game. Would you call it a girl gaming system or would you know that it was meant for males 18-25 originally?

    Honestly I don't care if its meant for kids. Shit only a couple years ago I was still playing pokemon on my GBA!

  9. #9
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by BapFap
    there are M rated games for the Wii, that's obvious
    there are? anything exclusive?
    cause hit mature exclusive titles are what stand out for a console on the mature market

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  10. #10
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Game ratings are a TERRIBLE indicator of wether the Wii is "kiddie" or not. Most adult games are rated E while games for the younger teenage males are rated M!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

bapfap wii
,
is the wii kiddie
,
is zelda kiddie?
,
kiddie animated rated-e
,
nintendo games are not complex
,
nintendo is kiddie
,

nintendo is not kiddie

,

nintendo is not kiddy

,
nintendo not kiddy
,
too many kiddy games on nintendo wii
,
wii is not kiddy
,

wii kiddie

Click on a term to search for related topics.