LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova
    For PS2, the online wasn't laggy at all for me, and I have played online games on PS2 for like 2-3 years. Trust me, the Wii will be even better.

250 for a Wii, and 50 dollars for first party games.
    I don't care what you say, the PS2 online setup is an absolute disgrace, though, I suppose you do get what you pay for, so I can't complain.

Hopefully the wii won't take a leaf out of Sony's book and try to go down the same road Microsoft did.

2. Ads

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Actually, you'll only need one USB/ethernet cable adapter, unless your nice new gaming PC doesn't have an ethernet port. You should get one ethernet cable to connect your PC to the router and then get one USB/ethernet adapter and another ethernet cable because you put connect the ethernet cable to the adapter, which has a USB cord on one side and an ethernet port on the other end.
    Here's a picture of a USB/ethernet adapter:
    hmm.. im getting confused.. cant i just use my router to wirelessly connect to the wii like my DS and PSP?

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroidZ
    hmm.. im getting confused.. cant i just use my router to wirelessly connect to the wii like my DS and PSP?
    Yeah, but this guy was asking if he could connect Wii to the internet using a cable because he planned on getting a non-wireless router. So yes, if you have a wireless router, your Wii will connect to it wirelessly by default, just like your DS and PSP do.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah, but this guy was asking if he could connect Wii to the internet using a cable because he planned on getting a non-wireless router. So yes, if you have a wireless router, your Wii will connect to it wirelessly by default, just like your DS and PSP do.
    ok, gotcha. one more question, i havnt played many online games, how is the response time? is it just like playing multiplayer?

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    ok, gotcha. one more question, i havnt played many online games, how is the response time? is it just like playing multiplayer?
    Yes, just like playing multiplayer, atleast for you. Sometimes on Xbox Live, someone will come on and they're using dial-up, which causes everyone to lag out, but that person using dial-up is completly unaware.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Yes, just like playing multiplayer, atleast for you. Sometimes on Xbox Live, someone will come on and they're using dial-up, which causes everyone to lag out, but that person using dial-up is completly unaware.
    lmao. thats weird. im sure i wont cause that

thanks

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    lmao. thats weird. im sure i wont cause that

thanks
    Yeah, it's REALLY annoying when those "dial-up people" come around. If Nintendo makes a mic for online chat, I'm so going to scream at those people, even though they probably don't deserve it and hate their dial-up lifes.

Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah, it's REALLY annoying when those "dial-up people" come around. If Nintendo makes a mic for online chat, I'm so going to scream at those people, even though they probably don't deserve it and hate their dial-up lifes.
    lmao, i always thought it was the other way arround. anyway i got 8mb connection so theres no problems, unless someone with dial up comes along.

Ads