LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    If you want ManHunt so bad just import it, its not that hard.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    God Complex Frogger's Avatar
    Member #
    16994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    3,763
    Friends
    16
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Personally, I think that butt biting isn't kiddy at all. But y'know.

    Back to the point, I disagree with your opinions because you haven't given us any examples.

    I think you're passing the wrong judgment, there's some people who want more games that are, crap, to be quite frank, games like Grand Theft Auto do not appeal to me in any sense. Who do games 18+ appeal to exactly? Do you have fun virtually demolishing a virtual world that will repair again and again? This is a monotonous sense of gaming, I hate it.

    Nintendo offer variety in their games and a lot of them are actually quite difficult. Zelda is not a kiddy game, at all, it had a 7+ rating because there isn't exactly any gore in the game, and if there were, this would reduce it's aesthetic appeal and with many many villains around you're obviously going to have a red splattered screen. Do you really think that a kid could navigate their way all the way through those dungeons? No, of course not, these games involve some sort of thinking.

    Manhunt was banned for a reason, and I really like the fact that Manhunt was banned because back in the Manhunt era when I was little all the kids would be out playing it, and destroying our grounds, and injuring themselves. It's inevitable that 18+ games will seep into the minds of children, with all the underage smoking and drinking these days it's bound to happen. They just have no idea how this could influence them and they may get it through peer pressure.

    Parents have no idea what games are about, well, most of them, they obviously don't think that anything on a screen could affect their child in any way, it just gives them a bit of peace and quiet. They should read a bit more into games that they wish to buy their children.

    Nintendo are getting by with their online play, it will soon come in to place where everyone will be connected to the internet facing eachother on Smash Bros Brawl. But until that day there's still some developing issues. You obviously have no consideration on how long it takes to set up online play within a game, think of all the things you have to do, it's basically re-designing the game all over again.

    And as for their use of friend codes, I think that this is a good thing as well, I'm sorry if you want game developers that don't want to make the world a better place.
    I love you, Adam.


  4. #13
    One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    26514
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ARizona
    Posts
    2,408
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay61
    I'm "grown up" and hate Gears though.
    ¿¿how??

    Spoiler Alert!

  5. #14
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    Personally, I think that butt biting isn't kiddy at all. But y'know.

    Back to the point, I disagree with your opinions because you haven't given us any examples.

    I think you're passing the wrong judgment, there's some people who want more games that are, crap, to be quite frank, games like Grand Theft Auto do not appeal to me in any sense. Who do games 18+ appeal to exactly? Do you have fun virtually demolishing a virtual world that will repair again and again? This is a monotonous sense of gaming, I hate it.

    Nintendo offer variety in their games and a lot of them are actually quite difficult. Zelda is not a kiddy game, at all, it had a 7+ rating because there isn't exactly any gore in the game, and if there were, this would reduce it's aesthetic appeal and with many many villains around you're obviously going to have a red splattered screen. Do you really think that a kid could navigate their way all the way through those dungeons? No, of course not, these games involve some sort of thinking.

    Manhunt was banned for a reason, and I really like the fact that Manhunt was banned because back in the Manhunt era when I was little all the kids would be out playing it, and destroying our grounds, and injuring themselves. It's inevitable that 18+ games will seep into the minds of children, with all the underage smoking and drinking these days it's bound to happen. They just have no idea how this could influence them and they may get it through peer pressure.

    Parents have no idea what games are about, well, most of them, they obviously don't think that anything on a screen could affect their child in any way, it just gives them a bit of peace and quiet. They should read a bit more into games that they wish to buy their children.

    Nintendo are getting by with their online play, it will soon come in to place where everyone will be connected to the internet facing eachother on Smash Bros Brawl. But until that day there's still some developing issues. You obviously have no consideration on how long it takes to set up online play within a game, think of all the things you have to do, it's basically re-designing the game all over again.

    And as for their use of friend codes, I think that this is a good thing as well, I'm sorry if you want game developers that don't want to make the world a better place.
    If a kid can't tell the difference between a game and real life, they already have problems. If they are stupid enough to go out and kill someone, they probably would've ended up doing it sometime anyway.

    Censorship = Bad
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  6. #15
    Account Suspended callme.nasty's Avatar
    Member #
    11708
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i personally think that whoever thought up the name "Wii" was an idiot. Half of my friends think the system is gay just because of the name. Really, its quite a kiddie name. Revolution would've been much cooler.

  7. #16
    Just some black guy... Thegamerfan's Avatar
    Member #
    26745
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas!!
    Posts
    155
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by LLBChamp
    Nintendo is ticking me off im not sure about anybody else but i know im really gettin fed up with there kiddy image that wont break. there too laid back and in the end its gona bite some1 in the butt. they want what the parents want not the actual gamers. (gamers people who actually play the games)throwing out these stupid party games. at least they are trying by giving us a few good titles like godfather, scarface, and even ssx was a gamers game. and those are just ported titles that has been out for months already nothin great, not counting ssx. plus there lack of online is sucky the first online game is pokemon which is also sucky (pokemon who cares). and there only chance to shake that image was manhunt and nintendo them selves said no AO GAMES. question why do we have an ao rating thats not used for adults like myself. and the AO rating states
    ADULTS ONLY
    Titles rated AO (Adults Only) have content that should only be played by persons 18 years and older. Titles in this category may include prolonged scenes of intense violence and/or graphic sexual content and nudity.
    i assume if your gonna buy an AO rated game a person should show id. i don't see why its such a problem. if your the dumb parent who phisically sees that the title has a big AO rating a buys it for there kid is an idiot. if the big n ever puts out an ao game i will bow down to them. but for now the wii is a big thing and if it keeps up the crap i dont think people are going to care for wii be cause of the image they give off im already feeling that way i almost dont want to play it. and i hope game companies arent afraid to put good content on there games just cause of what happend to manhunt. the should infact start making more AO games to show them what gamers want. (u kno gamers the people who actually play the games) and overun the ESRB with so many Ao titles nintendo will have no choice but to allow a few or go wit the dinos and stay kiddy. im sorry i love nintendo but there just ticking me off

    who is owning.....thats all that matters, who cares what you think. as long as they sell more games and make more profits....they realy dont care about this

    My SSBB clan...pros only

  8. #17
    SuperWii Marc's Avatar
    Member #
    18715
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    York
    Posts
    731
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er


    If a kid can't tell the difference between a game and real life, they already have problems. If they are stupid enough to go out and kill someone, they probably would've ended up doing it sometime anyway.

    Censorship = Bad
    Exactly.

    Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

  9. #18
    WiiChat Member MaxPing's Avatar
    Member #
    27693
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cumbria U.K
    Posts
    64
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er


    If a kid can't tell the difference between a game and real life, they already have problems. If they are stupid enough to go out and kill someone, they probably would've ended up doing it sometime anyway.

    Censorship = Bad
    If you were to take this argument one step further you would be calling for movie censorship to be abolished,you would probably use the argument "well its only a film they should know its not real".

    How would you feel if you had a 10 year old son/daughter and you found out they had been playing this game at their mates house because his brother left it in the Wii when he went out?
    As a father i can tell you you would be gutted.
    Take a look at the statistics for the last 10 years how many console games have been banned compared to how many have been released,very few have been banned ,the censors are doing a great job in my view.
    Last edited by MaxPing; 06-24-2007 at 06:29 AM.

  10. #19
    SuperWii Marc's Avatar
    Member #
    18715
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    York
    Posts
    731
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Censorship is good, its needed to prevent children from seeing things that are deemed to be unsuitable for them.

    Banning things is wrong, regardless of the reason. As an adult I feel I have the right to choose what I want to watch/play. I may not like some of the extreme cinema out there, but at least I should be able to make a choice.

    Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

  11. #20
    WiiChat Member powpowpow's Avatar
    Member #
    28346
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    39
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by callme.nasty
    i personally think that whoever thought up the name "Wii" was an idiot. Half of my friends think the system is gay just because of the name. Really, its quite a kiddie name. Revolution would've been much cooler.
    You and your friends are obviously kids.. what are you 12?

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts