LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    tbh i don't see why the wii would need one, i mean you can delete games you already bought(virtually that is) and dl them later on absoloutly free, i'd be happy without the hard drive and my money, and i can use my sd card from my cell if i ever do need space

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4237-4713-8774-6257
    I think as stated before a firmware update to remove the 2GB limit would be nice also maybe to add support for 3rd party HDD, for example I have a 160GB USB HDD sitting there going to waist as I should use it but I simply donít.

160GB would be more than enough to support downloadable content and VC downloads.

But you then also have the issue of making 100% of them compatible.

But I think at some point this will have to happen as Nintendo has to realise that 512MB is simply not enough for downloadable content updates/patches and save games.

PM me for friends request for Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    tbh i don't see why the wii would need one, i mean you can delete games you already bought(virtually that is) and dl them later on absoloutly free, i'd be happy without the hard drive and my money, and i can use my sd card from my cell if i ever do need space

Exactly what I was going to say.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Like others have said, I'd be fine without a hard drive if the SD was actually made useful and worthwhile. Right now, it's only good as a cumbersome, handicapped backup method at best.

Have it linked seamlessly with the on-board 512MB so that game saves, channels, VC games, etc are all transparently saved to the total memory pool, and remove the 2GB limit, and there's no need for a hard drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Im not really sure if you need to believe the UK spokesperson. A lot of times those people dont even know whats going on because of all the secret things.

Furthermore @ Brad Bishop:

Look at all the "items" you use in youre argument. Almost any of them have got completely no use. A ps2 mouse....Gamecube adapter ( for only 1 or 2 online games ) snes mouse....

Of course those things dont sell :P A wii harddrive on the other hand.... Even I might buy it when that demo channel comes out

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzomby
    Look at all the "items" you use in youre argument. Almost any of them have got completely no use. A ps2 mouse....Gamecube adapter ( for only 1 or 2 online games ) snes mouse....
    Ok - name some add-ons, that were required for gameplay, that did sell well and were well supported.

The closest I can think of are the Wii Nunchucks and Classic Controllers.

Member #
    Friends
    Um, 2GB SD cards are electrically different than 4GB cards. Not all SD slots support 4GB cards. If you look at most PDA's and cameras, they run into this issue too.

My guess is that N saved a few bucks by using the older SD circuitry.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

me two game systems below zachp18's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6651-9695-6213-2367
    this sucks, I guess we'll have to stick to sd cards then. *sigh*

Wii games that I own: Zelda, The godfather, Wii sports, Resident Evil 4.

Next up: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    I read some articles today where nintendo was denying it, calling the harddrive idea a rumor. Hopefully, they are just keeping it on the downlow to suprise us at E3. Or maybe they will wait until its closer for the wiiware. We must have more space though.

Member #
    Friends
    4237-4713-8774-6257
    Quote Originally Posted by strommsarnac
    Um, 2GB SD cards are electrically different than 4GB cards. Not all SD slots support 4GB cards. If you look at most PDA's and cameras, they run into this issue too.

My guess is that N saved a few bucks by using the older SD circuitry.

Then a BIOS update to alter the voltage would work, I really doubt there going to be that much different most port are like 3-5mAmps.

PM me for friends request for Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Ads