LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    no problem. If thats the system you want, then you should get it. Im not a Nintendo fan boy, but i have a good computer, so i don't see the need to get a ps3. My bad about the disc price. Anyway, the wii just seems funner to me. Its not going to have hardcore graphics, but its going to be alot different, and its a very good way to make a choice between xbox 360 and ps3. If you can afford a ps3 you should get it, but i cant see myself supporting something thats alittle less then 3x the price of the wii. I dont feel like supporting the ps3 because they are trying to launch blue ray on the backs of gamers. Movies and games are two different things. I dont like tiered gaming, i liked it when thier was only one version of a console. I just think that 600 or even 400 for a game system is alittle bit too much to pay, and i dident like it when the n64 had overpriced games, and i don't like it that the ps3 will ether.

While i think i may miss some of the games that come to the ps3, I hope that if i support the wii, that really amazing games will be made soon.

I like the wii because its a pure game system and i am getting exactly what i am paying for. Something to play games on. Nothing more, nothing less. also zeldas new controls all so sold me. Zelda is a game that fuels my love for games.

I hear that ps3 online will cost money, you say it wont. I hear though that it will be free for so long and then it will start costing. I could be wrong, and i haven looked at too many sights about this, its just what i have herd. So take and before you buy, care and make sure that i am not wrong and your not in for a pleasant surprise.
    Last edited by White-Wolf; 10-24-2006 at 11:08 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Wolf
    ps3 games will be around 70$ each, becuse of the blue media. You are paying an extra 10-15$ for a game with all languages on it. Thats not efficient. In one way it is, but not for the buyer, but for sony.

-All the wii games look really boring, no next-gen.

sonys lineup looks pritty bad too. But a servy taken by many japanies game makers say they are intrested in the wii more then any other console in terms of makeing games. Nintendo will have the most 3rd part support of any other console becuse the controler is so revolutionary. Who wins the 3rd parties wins the war. This is shown by playstation and playstation 2. The devkit for the ps3 sucks and its alot harder to make games super high rez.

-Controller looks hard to use

if we go through life with god mode turned on, with no true challange overcome, thats a pritty much wasted life/game

-Online gameplay (if any) won't be as good as ps3 and 360's.

online gameing for the wii will be free, it wont be for the xbox360 or ps3. You get what you pay for

-Too many little kid games that donít suit me. Like mario & Monkey ball.

I dont like these games ether, but wii will get better 3rd part support as i have said above

-RE5 wont be on it

Are you sure about this? gamecube got alot of the re games in the past.

-Can it even play cd's and dvd's?
    you dont have a dvd player yet?

-It wont have as much space available for the discs like in ps3, so the games (i imagine) will be shorter with less content

ps3 with blue media, all the space will be used to support all the languages of the games on one disc. You wont be getting more content with blue media. Most games donít fill up a full dvd anyway. if a game uses all of blue medias space, its inefficient and bloated and may take alot longer to load. Game dzn has gotten bloated anyway. Also becuse wii wont support full out hd, their is alot less texture info thatís needed so a bigger disc isnít needed to make the same game.

-I'm 16, Nintendo products are good family friendly games and little kid games and im not either of those two, I was brought up playing action packed, gory, intense games

Iím 24 and sick of shitty games that claim to be revolutionary. To many shitty games with good graphics. I want to play games different and i like Nintendoís philosophy about games. It should be fun.

-The first game console I ever played was a playstation
    nintendo, but i liked playstation for awhile, but even though they have alot of games, they have alot of shitty games.

-It lacks the cool features that the other consoles have, like yeah im not gonna give a list of the things it lacks that the other consoles have cuz thereís quite a bit
    the wii is cheaper. You get what you desire, a game system, if you want a computer, you should just get a computer. This half and half junk is hurting the game industry in my opinion. its gimmicky.

-And at those events whic hardwere held where the public could line up to play ps3 and wii (sry i forget the name of the events) i heard that the line was really small for wii, and i read reviews of people that played it, they said some cool things about wii but they all said the graphics lacked and they said ps3 was just amazing so im so sorry its just, hands down, iv had my eye on ps3 for some time now and all my favorite sequels will be on it, along with new badass games.

e3? playstation got blown out of the water by the wii. It was embracing. The playstations over heated, although i know it was the enclosure space, but it just showed how much people wanted fun when given a hands on choice.

If all the playstation is, is a xbox 360 with blue ray, or vise versa, Iím going with wii. Game Makers are buzzing about it. Thatís a good sign. It means the love that game makers have for making games will be put into the wii. Different types of games will be made, and most of the time their will be no option to port these games to a ps3. Enix is actually delaying talk about kingdom hearts 3 because they want to see how many wiis are sold. If sony cant produce the ps3 fast enuff that means kingdom hearts 3 wont sell a lot of games and they want this to sell as its as big as ff. It wont go to xbox though, because enix doesnít like the American system much. If sony looses kingdom hearts thatís a punch in the gut. Itís a console seller game. If the cant hold that title, it might be what kills them this console war. Right now sony has jack in terms of games. Good games may come out later, but not now, so judging wii on games out now is just as fickle. Although Zelda will be out on launch and that games going to rock.

i will get you the article about kingdomhearts if i can.

the wii is not for the conservative gamer. You should get whatever system you want to be truthfull, but i will be getting a wii, as it seems to be the system that packs the fun. Saying the wii sucks (not sure if you did say this, but anyway) just shows that you do not know what the system is about or what its trying to do.

nintendo dident get up one day and say crap, our system isent as good as the 360 or ps3. Our graphics will suck donky shit. Oh no.... so close to launch, what do we do?

Nintendo knows what its doing and stoped pandering to the other two systems and may have found the other two systems week points. the other systems are trying to be like computers, while nintendo is trying to be something a computer can never be.

If you get a wii, with zelda and the two rpgs, dragon quest and christal chronicles, by the time you finish 3 games, the really awsome games will be out.
    ...yes I think you def won

Member #
    Friends
    Sony is trying to rest on a new media format that might not even fly with consumers, need I remind people of the last format they used... UMD, and where is that now. It is being discontinued. You would think they would learn from their last failure. Developers are already having problems developing for the ps3 and there has been a stack of titles that will be pushed back further from launch. Nintendo is using a media that may not be the "latest and greatest" but it has proven to be a sturdy easily developed media. And as for the xbox 360 the hd dvd drive is going to cost $150.00 so after buying the premium package with a game and the new drive you are looking at the price of a ps3. And nintendo though they are not pushing a hard drive or anything and just using flash based memory, that stuff is cheap now.

Member #
    Friends
    Cool article. I hope the wii doesnt have alotta unnecessary gadgets and things for the wii.
    Legend of Zelda#1 Series

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbeaverxp
    Thanks for the reply man, I read the entire thing, but im still not convinced u know, just like im sure ur not convinced to buy a ps3 instead of a wii (or maybe ur more open minded than me with video games and more accepting). Just wanted to reply to some things u said. ps3 games are gonna be $60 each..not $70, thats what iv read everywhere, those are hte prices of seen on games. Online gaming for the ps3 is also free, havnt u heard? Thats why 360 is critisized so much, its the only next gen that has to pay to play online. Yea im sure re5 wont be coming out to wii cause thats what iv read everywhere, even on nintendo sights (like this one) iv read articles with bummed out fans complaining how re5 isnt being released to wii (as of yet, that might be changed) but capcom announced it was scheduled for only the 360 (why the 360? it doesnt make sense) and ps3. Personally i think it makes more sense of wii gets re5, i dont know why they gave it to 360, guess they want more fans. Yea i have a dvd player, but its hooked upstairs for my parents to use, so its convenient having another one down in my basement that can also web browse, play cd's and play video games.ps3 has 50GB of space available for discs, where as 360 and wii are using an hd dvd drive (or sumthing) and they both have 9GB. Thats 41 more GB's ps3 has, so yes this will allow better graphics and more detail in games.Oh and no the event wit hthe two lineups wasnt at E3, it was some local thing that took place in numerous cities and towns. Anyways i dont wanna start an arguement bud, im just clarifying certain aspects of the ps3's capabilities, but ill stop now cuz i imagine i sound really annoying trying to defend the ps3.
    heres some things for you one of your reasons for not getting a wii is that you there is a web browser look for your self web just look oh yeah you can download mp3s ive heard so mp3 are cds on the wii think of the space you save lol

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumoriken
    I highly doubt people that aren't getting a Wii would be browsing these forums. xP
    well im probably the anti social hated member of this forum because i basically just look at the wii as a toy for little kids to play around with then trash. while i look at the xbox and playstation consoles as entertainment machines. but i stumbled into this forum looking up nintendo crap for my little brother. so that explains it. plus i like spreading my negetive views and gettin bitched at by geeks haha.

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    there it is hes a m/s fanboy you gonna get banned lol

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by in touch with the wii
    there it is hes a m/s fanboy you gonna get banned lol
    well more of anti-nintendo than anything (which is probably the worst!)

I really dont understand why he is on here, if hes here just to disagree with everything then he should be banned.

I hate Photobucket

Member #
    Friends

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kingofspades
    well im probably the anti social hated member of this forum because i basically just look at the wii as a toy for little kids to play around with then trash. while i look at the xbox and playstation consoles as entertainment machines. but i stumbled into this forum looking up nintendo crap for my little brother. so that explains it. plus i like spreading my negetive views and gettin bitched at by geeks haha.
    You're just scared that you are missing out.

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofspades
    this forum is Wiichat, but ppl r still free to give their opinions on other systems in comparison to the Wii; this site was made to TALK about the Wii, and thats what hes doing, whether it be negative or positive feedback. so no need to flame kingofspades

as for kingofspades...did u read my speech? or the title of this forum for that matter? the Wii is not a kiddish system at all, if u say this, then every console is just the same! the Wii has if not better, very close values with the PS3 and XBOX 360. this is EXACTLY what to prevent ppl from thinking, this is the sole reason why people dont wanna buy the Wii, and this reason was based on false accusations and assumptions (and lol trust me im NOT a game freak )
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Ads