LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Agreed. I havn't seen a Wii in the store since launch day, which was a little over seven months ago. It's kinda like "Woah..."

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusnik
    Agreed. I havn't seen a Wii in the store since launch day, which was a little over seven months ago. It's kinda like "Woah..."
    I managed to find some at a small gaming store in a nearby town. That is pretty much it for northeast Iowa.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    I paid about $100 extra to get one on Ebay. Couldn't catch one in stock anywhere!

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Get this. So I had a wii that I got at launch but sold it around Christmas. I decided I want another one a week ago so I went everywhere and couldn't find one. So I decided to go on ebay and just set the parameter to search for auctions within 100 miles of my zip code. I found one within 30 miles and called them and asked if I bought it out if I could just pick it up.

So I bought it out for $315 + $30 shipping + $21~ in tax because the auction was in state.

Well when I got there they told me how they just opened the store 2 months prior and they really like local business and how they prefer people use store credit to money because they really like it when people come back. So they told me they would make me a deal and just sell me the wii for $290 since that is how much they were selling them in the store when they got a hold of one. So basically they saved me like $50-$60. And on top of they they told me they would give me half off any older wii game or $20 off any brand new game since I just bought a wii their.

The store was called Triple Play and it's a video game store/sports memorabilia store and it is ran by these awesome guys.

Moral of this story; I like talking about myself.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNCSU95
    I paid about $100 extra to get one on Ebay. Couldn't catch one in stock anywhere!
    j00 i5 4 l053r

Should have waited lol

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    j00 i5 4 l053r

Should have waited lol
    I know places like best buy/target/wal-mart have no idea when they are getting in new shipments. So it's not just a matter of waiting but you literally have to go there and check regularly which becomes an inconvenience.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    Using other forums it is easy to know when Best Buy/Target/Wal-mart will have them in stock. In fact you can goto Target yourself and check if they are hiding them in the stock room by entering a code on the price check machines.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Using other forums it is easy to know when Best Buy/Target/Wal-mart will have them in stock. In fact you can goto Target yourself and check if they are hiding them in the stock room by entering a code on the price check machines.
    I have a friend who works at best buy, another at target, and another at wal-mart. And all of them have mentioned that they are not told when they are getting more wiis. They don't know until someone goes over the inventory sheet when they get new shipments of stuff.

And I dunno about other places but I know here there are none stockpiled, they are just all bought up the moment they come in. Mostly probably by chronic Ebay sellers.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    Did I say to ask employees?

The other forums have inside information for the weekly advertisements and can tell you far ahead of time when they will have them in stock.

And I dunno about other places but I know here there are none stockpiled, they are just all bought up the moment they come in.
    Not true, even in your area. Sunday advertisements are made with time to spair and the store is required to have a certain number of units if advertised.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Did I say to ask employees?

The other forums have inside information for the weekly advertisements and can tell you far ahead of time when they will have them in stock.

Not true, even in your area. Sunday advertisements are made with time to spair and the store is required to have a certain number of units if advertised.
    Only problem is, they haven't had the wii console in any of these weekly ads for quite a while.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Ads